so, Stormzy then...?

eFestivals

1 minute ago, suzie sue said:

I’ve been warned about listening to stormzy in the car as I am well old.

If you really want to wind the kids up play Dead Prez ‘Hip Hop’ at full volume like the VW ad when you pick them up. In front of their mates. But keep a straight face. So many layers of CrapDadCringe. It’s wonderful. They hate that shit. 

8 minutes ago, Woffy said:

I’ve got loads and I'm willing to donate one.

Across a variety of ages. Just let me know what you’re after. 

I'll take the one with the yacht please but 'looks after me when I'm old and wrecked' would have to be written in to the adoption contract. I've heard that's a good reason to have 'em. ;) 

Will be at Stormzy unless NIN, Tool, Aphex Twin or My Bloody Valentine are on at the same time. Maybe one or two others I've forgotten. Will happily miss an act I slightly prefer to Stormzy due to the fact I think him headlining will be a real moment. Thankfully in my big prediction there aren't any headliners on the smaller stages over the whole weekend who I'd want to miss him for.

Just now, H.M.V said:

I'll take the one with the yacht please but 'looks after me when I'm old and wrecked' would have to be written in to the adoption contract. I've heard that's a good reason to have 'em. ;) 

To be fair she ‘working’ on the yacht. Although I’ve not seen much evidence of that. 

I’ll have a word. They are good at fetching stuff! 

1 minute ago, Woffy said:

To be fair she ‘working’ on the yacht. Although I’ve not seen much evidence of that. 

I’ll have a word. They are good at fetching stuff! 

Yes, I totally forgot about the fetching stuff. I mean like Mitzydog does it but only with a stick or a tennis ball. Could really do with someone to go down to the shop for me to get me bottle of Pinot. 

17 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Woah, only just caught up on the ridiculous takes on this thread from the other day. There are few markers of low intelligence so accurate as a grown adult employing the term "SJW".

I quite agree, thank you. Unless you're talking about me repeating the names :P 

I do wish people would do a bit of research before name calling, I mentioned Jeremy Clarkson and somebody mentioned gammon. He's a remainer ! 

Gave him a proper listen today at work while coding an app I had 2 days to build...about....cats. Horrible. 

The cats, not Stormzy.

I think he will probably put on a proper show. Whether I'll be there depends on the clashes still, but theres a few songs off the album that will make their way onto my playlist.

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

I think the three winks faces should have made it clear enough that it was a light-hearted jape :)

I tried to acknowledge the lightheartedness of it with an upvote..

i am not good with stern and can’t get my head around these new fangled emojis ????

1 hour ago, BlueDaze said:

I tried to acknowledge the lightheartedness of it with an upvote..

i am not good with stern and can’t get my head around these new fangled emojis ????

I find it's so easy to offend people on these forums (or to be fair, even in text messages with people you know really well!)....hence my horrible overuse of emojis! I think that clown one should be a total winner :lol:

6 minutes ago, eastynh said:

My first thought as well. 

??. Playing with knives is a classic for “ravers” I assume to be “our age”?.

And I remember you replying to a “Move 94” comment I made about a month ago so we’re right on the same fucking page, ha ha ha. 

Edited by Northern Soul

Visiting me mam today, she's asked me what this Stormzy business was about. I told her all about it, and how the screenshotting mum text practice caught on. She's not at all impressed, "how do you know these people aren't a load of notrights on the other side of the world trying to scam you? You remember I got them Chinese gangs hoovering all that money out of my account a few years ago" (nb. somebody used my mum's card to buy a load of stuff online, bank never found out who it was because they used a proxy through China, she thinks she got personally targeted by the triads). 

The Glastonbury news shocked her, she didn't really know what he did, she thought he was off reality TV because she's only seen him on Love Island.

18 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Would he get a small crowd? The 16 -20 year old demographic isn't as well represented at Glastonbury as it would be at most other big festivals like R&L or whatever.

Granted he has a large fan base of 16-20 year olds but my experiences of seeing him live (2 festivals) has been the majority of the crowd were closer to 25-35. I don't think he will get a massive crowd but I also don't think it will be small, especially if his new album is a hit.