so, Stormzy then...?

eFestivals

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Put respeck on Dizzee’s name, ya heathens.

I can never remember his name ( you know, that rapper who supported Muse and all the Muse fans were in the bar while he was on ), so I think of Jeremy Clarkson hosting Top Gear of the Pops introducing Jizzy Tissue. That's my mnemonic.

3 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Sorry, this made me chuckle a bit - still too much of a stretch to say you actually liked it ?:)

?. I don’t know whether I’ll ever be able to say I like/love it. Listening to it makes me feel like a little bit of a fraud at my age (and as a consequence also reminds me that I’m getting on a bit) and I can’t help but feel like it isn’t quite for me. That wouldn’t stop me seeing him at Glasto though, but it would stop me going to one of his non festival gigs as I fear I’d feel very out of place. 

27 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

?. I don’t know whether I’ll ever be able to say I like/love it. Listening to it makes me feel like a little bit of a fraud at my age (and as a consequence also reminds me that I’m getting on a bit) and I can’t help but feel like it isn’t quite for me. That wouldn’t stop me seeing him at Glasto though, but it would stop me going to one of his non festival gigs as I fear I’d feel very out of place. 

Thats one of the joys of being at a festival though and particularly Glastonbury i find... The opportunity to go see something that you are unlikely to pay money to see outside of the festival. Go and enjoy it for what it is.. youve already paid for it (well, you will have by April).

I am at least twice and possibly three times the age of the average Stormzy fan but i doubt i will be the oldest in the field for what i think could be a really powerful and hopefully memorable performance. There is nothing better than a heartfelt, committed performance and the fact that it is by a young, talented British artist on a huge stage (that is probably well outside of his comfort zone) is a credit to Glastonbury for having the the courage to make the booking...

Blinded by your Grace could be the memorable moment of 2019.

Now i just hope that they dont put Hot Chip on West Holts or Sylvan Esso on The Park at the same time.... :ph34r:

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BlueDaze said:

I am at least twice and possibly three times the age of the average Stormzy fan

Wow that’s old ???

2 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

Now i just hope that they dont put Hot Chip on West Holts or Sylvan Esso on The Park at the same time.... :ph34r:

Yes! I’ll also be at hot chip if that happens. 

Not familiar with Sylvan Esso? But will add to my list of things to listen to.

Hot chip Vs Stormzy - that would be a tough call...

I've seen hot chip a few times and he would definitely be good. But I wouldn't pay to see a Stormzy gig so a festival is the only way I'd see him.

He may be crap or it may be a moment of greatness - one of those "I saw Stormzy at Glasto" moments....

4 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Toss up between that and Touch for the least interesting things they've ever done, for me, but fair enough

Ah - you clearly have the same taste in Little Mix as me! Touch is dull as dishwater.

As above I have just done the maths and found I am also probably 3x as old a an average Stormzy fan, but that is exactly why I would see him at Glastonbury.

I would have seen him in 2017 if I hadn’t been working. Fantastic opportunity to get right into something I’d feel an idiot being anywhere near in the real world. 

My biggest disappointment at him being a Pyramid headliner is that I’ll get nowhere near the madness down the front where I could have done at The Orhwe Stage

Can somebody please tell me how old an average Stormzy fan is so that I can work out how much older I am than the average. Trouble is that if I become a Stormzy fan then that will up the average and bugger up my calculations. And if he absolutely kills it at Glastonbury, where the audience will apparently be older than his current fan demographic, then we'll need calculators (or for people of my age slide rules) to work it all out.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Can somebody please tell me how old an average Stormzy fan is so that I can work out how much older I am than the average. Trouble is that if I become a Stormzy fan then that will up the average and bugger up my calculations. And if he absolutely kills it at Glastonbury, where the audience will apparently be older than his current fan demographic, then we'll need calculators (or for people of my age slide rules) to work it all out.

16-19 lol

4 hours ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Wow that’s old ???

Yes! I’ll also be at hot chip if that happens. 

Not familiar with Sylvan Esso? But will add to my list of things to listen to.

Thankyou for the overt ageism... I am assuming that the average age of a Stormzy fan is, like Adrian Mole, 13 3/4....

Do listen to Sylvan Esso (start with Coffee from their fist album - its always good to start with Coffee...). They are terrific live. 

42 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Well that makes me 3.8x older than the average. Can older people please become fans to bring this down.

I'm 40 and I went to see him in 2017, when I was 38. I've not listened to his album all the way through since last year, so should you count a 38 year old or 40 year old against the average? Maybe take the average and count me as 39, even though I only listened to him at 38 and 40.

43 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Well that makes me 3.8x older than the average. Can older people please become fans to bring this down.

Barring a mega clash I will be there for Stormzy. I will be 45 by the time I'm on the farm. I guess that makes me old enough to be a granny never mind a mammy even though I don't have (never wanted) any offspring. 

2 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Barring a mega clash I will be there for Stormzy. I will be 45 by the time I'm on the farm. I guess that makes me old enough to be a granny never mind a mammy even though I don't have (never wanted) any offspring. 

I’ve got loads and I'm willing to donate one.

Across a variety of ages. Just let me know what you’re after. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1