so, Stormzy then...?

eFestivals

23 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

Out of interest what do you prefer doing ??  Always like to hear what people like to do

He wants to be free. Free to do what he wants to do. And he wants to get loaded and have a good time. And that’s what he’s going to do* He’s gonna have a good time. He’s gonna have a party.

*(away baby, let’s go).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Cooter said:

For me  the Glade never seems to fail when there's nothing big that appeals. Even the immediate surrounding area of the Glade is great to have a wobble about.

Aye, got to agree with this. Had a great time at The Glade on Saturday night 2017, watching *checks lineup* Sasha & Digweed and Layo & Bushwacka

17 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Each to their own and that, but what an odd thing to say. Are you working off some kind of principle or something? 

no , not a principle, 

I have done headliners in years gone by, they just don;t interest me , If Oasis reformed and played, I may go to that . last two years I haven't been . none of them really got me . I was considering seeing the food fighters. but when Sasha and Digweed are going back 2 back at the glade. there was nothing that would drag me away .

Radio Head ... nah

edd shearan.. nah

adele ... nah 

Muse.. nah 

Cold play..seen them many a time before

I actually saw one song of the rolling stones then went off to see Public Enemy, the head lines at Jazz world are far better , I mean 2017 Justice blew me away , and before them moderat. far better line up than the pyramid . 

maybe the chemical brothers or Orbital I would see, they won't be doing the pyramid , maybe the other stage . I am hoping orbital headline Jazz world

55 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

Out of interest what do you prefer doing ??  Always like to hear what people like to do

I am just not that much in to bands, mainly dj's and dance music, I can normally be found at the glade, if not there then the naughty corner / block 9 and Arcadia . I have done my time at the pyramid stage. went to see hacienda classicals 2017 at the pyramid and that was the only time i was there . before that was the last shadow puppets and that was the only time i was there in 2016

On 11/10/2018 at 8:57 AM, SwedgeAntilles said:

Just dropping in to say that man old dear, bless her, thought that Alex and the lads were called the 'Aztec Monkeys'. 

My mum thinks she saw The Arctic Monkeys when I took her to Glastonbury. She saw The Gorillaz.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

imagine how much this forum would light up if they announced George Formy (sorry, Ezra) for Friday night.....

George Formby on his ukulele would be better.

Caveat: I’ve actually spent all day listening to Stormzy in between meetings and I didn’t dislike it as much as I thought at all.

34 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

George Formby on his ukulele would be better.

Caveat: I’ve actually spent all day listening to Stormzy in between meetings and I didn’t dislike it as much as I thought at all.

Whoop.! That’s at least 2 people watching Stormzy..

the rest of the bastards on here have said “I am glad that GF have taken this bold step and I am really happy for him but I won’t be watching...”

14 minutes ago, thesecretingredientiscrime said:

Please describe how Dizzee and Stormzy are at all alike.

Isn't that a question you should be asking the met. #StopAndSearch.

I'd rather see stormzy than dizzee any day, the latters material is annoying and trite....

I really hope it turns out to be stormzy as it's a bold pick and would freshen up the pyramid line up which has become far too safe,mainstream & repetative over the last few years, even if he bombs it doesn't matter, it's still better than wheeling out another white male guitar band....

We still waiting for a 100% announcement on this un? What a tease that Emily Eavis is, set us up where he's pretty much the only conclusion people can get from what she said.. Read a fair bit of negativity about the idea of Stormzy headlining over on Facebook... I'm not familiar with his stuff either, thought his Brits performance was great but couldn't tell you what the song was called. Seems a good lad when I've seen him in interviews. Good luck to the lad, depending on who else is on I may pop along.

13 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

the rest of the bastards on here have said “I am glad that GF have taken this bold step and I am really happy for him but I won’t be watching...”

I’d go if I had a ticket. Ems should sort us one just to support her booking IMO.

13 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

I reckon I'm in tbh - given he's the closest thing we have to an actual announcement, I'll probably be listening to his album a lot until any other solid hints drop, by which point, I'lll probably LOVE it (I know that we have got intel on Kylie, the Cure and Maca, but I'm very "meh" about the latter two, and feel like I've taken in enough Kylie tunes in my life without having to go and actively seek them out)