so, Stormzy then...?

eFestivals

2 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Well I'm not sure if they are the same but isn't it a fact that gangs are taunting each other using the same type of music as that of Stormzy and other rappers.. 

Calling each other out in their songs.. Now don't tell me that they don't cos it's a fact old son.. 

Even back in the day rap was all about guns, drugs and money.... Was it not.. Old Son 

No, dig up, stupid

2 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Well I'm not sure if they are the same but isn't it a fact that gangs are taunting each other using the same type of music as that of Stormzy and other rappers.. 

Calling each other out in their songs.. Now don't tell me that they don't cos it's a fact old son.. 

Even back in the day rap was all about guns, drugs and money.... Was it not.. Old Son 

I'm sure loads of folk will be inspired to commit stabbings when they see Stormzy rapping on stage with a big 'WATERAID' and 'GREENPEACE' banner underneath him, really incites the anger

• Upvote 1

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

Well yeah but you said no one with one album should be headlining. It's also a pretty safe bet that the Glasto bookers will have heard at least bits of his new album to aid their decision making.

But still only one album so far.  Still think it's too early to headline.

4 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I do tend to think that no-one with only one album should be headlining yet.  Need to have a bit more clout to do so.  But while Stormzy's not my cup of tea, I don't mind.  I'll be somewhere else.

Yea that's what I would do.. No worries... It's the same as if Pearl jam played and you didn't like them you would be somewhere else.. 

I'm not hear saying you must like Pearl jam I've tried that on here for years and got nowhere but I can and will say that I think there could be a better headline act than Stormzy.. 

Just now, Beerqueen said:

But still only one album so far.  Still think it's too early to headline.

I don't really understand. He'll have a second album by the time he headlines. Why's that any different to if he already had his second album out now? Plenty of acts have headlined with two albums and it's a pretty sure bet that some of them will have been booked before the album was released.

Just now, guypjfreak said:

Well I'm not big into trying to put music in to boxes but Stormzy is generally categorised as Grime whereas the music which some people are associating with the stabbings in London is categorised as Drill.

Personally I'm of the opinion that music is a reflection of life rather than a cause. If people are singing about drugs, knives or whatever it's because those things have influenced their music, in the same way that Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds or White Rabbit were songs influenced by LSD not promotional adverts for LSD.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I don't really understand. He'll have a second album by the time he headlines. Why's that any different to if he already had his second album out now? Plenty of acts have headlined with two albums and it's a pretty sure bet that some of them will have been booked before the album was released.

Fuck it, just get Young Fathers up there. ❤️

Just now, guypjfreak said:

Yea that's what I would do.. No worries... It's the same as if Pearl jam played and you didn't like them you would be somewhere else.. 

I'm not hear saying you must like Pearl jam I've tried that on here for years and got nowhere but I can and will say that I think there could be a better headline act than Stormzy.. 

Tbh I'm always quite relieved when the headliner is someone I don't want to see as I don't really  want to go to the Pyramid for the headliner if I can help it!

1 minute ago, guypjfreak said:

you are correct and a fair amount of social media agree with you, some suggestion of headlining was for Other stage. I don't think the Eavis' aren't happy about it but I do feel maybe a lack in options for this year over 2020 by the sounds of it have maybe meant the best of the rest. On the stance of Pearl Jam though, they just won't ever get booked for Glastonbury, the appeal isn't wide enough to non fans. I admit I don't know anymore songs by title of either of them to be honest.

5 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Because at the moment he only has one album to be judged on.  The second one might be crap.  So as of now only one.  Even if the bookers have heard bits of the second one (and I've no idea if they have) it's risky because the second album may bomb.  

2 minutes ago, James96 said:

I can't fucking wait for the uproar from the gammon squad when it's officially announced.

All those unpaid tickets...straight into the resale pot for me.

Ages ago Radio X tweeted about the rumour of him headlining and the replies were hilarious. Shitloads of people with Oasis, Courteeners and Catfish in their bios saying how Glastonbury is dead now.

Just now, Beerqueen said:

Because at the moment he only has one album to be judged on.  The second one might be crap.  So as of now only one.  Even if the bookers have heard bits of the second one (and I've no idea if they have) it's risky because the second album may bomb.  

Even if the album is abysmal there's no way it'll bomb.

4 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Sorry, still expect a headliner to have a bit more than one album and one due out that "won't" bomb. But don't really care as there will be plenty of other places for me to be.  

Heh. 

We’ve checked with the Mums. 

I’m now gonna text my 18 year old son (massive Kendrick fan) and my 13 year old daughter. Let’s see what they think!

7 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Sorry, still expect a headliner to have a bit more than one album and one due out that "won't" bomb. But don't really care as there will be plenty of other places for me to be.  

He's quite a celeb these days after coming across really well on the telly, I fully endorse and think he'll be fun. And I'm hoping for a good alternative elsewhere!

25 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I'd just like to put it on record that I wasn't trying to draw out a comment like that from Guy. I just wanted a funny response about how Pearl Jam should headline instead.

HEY no worries.. I should have been a little more lighthearted old son.. Just not there... 

May be I'll be off to bed like a good boy gnomecide... Ah.. Bit rude old son... I'm only telling you the truth.. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/police-chiefs-anger-youtube-gangster-10445273

Sorry for bringing a lively discussion to the thread... 

Well it's remembrance day. 

Peace and cider to all 

He is shit though lol 

Peace. Guy