so, Stormzy then...?

eFestivals

2 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

What do you think of Stormzy headlining instead of Pearl Jam old son?

Well as I don't have a ticket I'm afraid I don't care BUT there are two things that I do think and one of them is that surely surely they could have found a better headline than Stormzy... He's only been going for a few years... Yes people like him but imo I think there are better and more deserving bands than him.... 

As most people know that genre of music is not my favourite but if you're going to put it in then get someone that's got a back catalogue... Dare I say Eminem or some such.. 

As far as Pearl jam goes this is like dejevu..... Lots of people a few years ago were like there to heavy to play Glastonbury but hey since then we've had quite a few HEAVY bands like metallica etc not my cup of tea TOO HEAVY LOL BUT they do have a back catalogue. 

Now for me this back catalogue is important for ANY headline band.. It means they have earned there place in a music time line that only history shows and Pearl jam have such a catalogue and if they played I'm sure they would kick stormzys ass off to Reading/Leeds where it belongs.. Lol

Plus one other thing with all the knifing happening in London and elsewhere I don't think stormzys style of music should be given such a massive platform but that is just me being old I suppose.. 

In other words he's a load of bollox old son... Lol. G

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

3 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Well as I don't have a ticket I'm afraid I don't care BUT there are two things that I do think and one of them is that surely surely they could have found a better headline than Stormzy... He's only been going for a few years... Yes people like him but imo I think there are better and more deserving bands than him.... 

As most people know that genre of music is not my favourite but if you're going to put it in then get someone that's got a back catalogue... Dare I say Eminem or some such.. 

As far as Pearl jam goes this is like dejevu..... Lots of people a few years ago were like there to heavy to play Glastonbury but hey since then we've had quite a few HEAVY bands like metallica etc not my cup of tea TOO HEAVY LOL BUT they do have a back catalogue. 

Now for me this back catalogue is important for ANY headline band.. It means they have earned there place in a music time line that only history shows and Pearl jam have such a catalogue and if they played I'm sure they would kick stormzys ass off to Reading/Leeds where it belongs.. Lol

Plus one other thing with all the knifing happening in London and elsewhere I don't think stormzys style of music should be given such a massive platform but that is just me being old I suppose.. 

In other words he's a load of bollox old son... Lol. G

Someone calling out Tories about Grenfell? Hot as a Potato. Might not be to our taste old son but barring clashes I'm gonna be there. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Ffs

Sorry old son you did ask lolol 

HEY the glastonbury crowd is getting younger there going to be made up.. 

Pearl jam aren't even on the rumours list other wise I'd be gutted..... But I stand by what I have said.. I think bands any bands earn there place on any line up.. 

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

This is a festival that books Ed Sheeran, Foo Fighters, Coldplay, Muse and Kasabian to headline.

Back catalogues... Years in the music industry.. Maybe not Ed but all the others have been around for ages 

10 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Sorry to call you out on this Guy but this is bollox, and I'm older than you so don't use your age as an excuse. Please explain the connection between Stormzy's music and a stabbing.

To be fair though, who was it going to be?

They can only book what's available, and I can appreciate the fact that we're getting a new headliner, it's just someone I don't find particularly interesting/captivating.

In terms of booking a 'new' or 'up and coming' artist like we all assumed would probably happen with The Cure and Macca playing it was only really ever gonna be The 1975 or Stormzy (tho he is a bit of a stretch I reckon). Who else is there? The only reason The 1975 aren't headlining is probably because they got an R+L offer earlier instead. They'll be there for 2020.

1 minute ago, guypjfreak said:

Back catalogues... Years in the music industry.. Maybe not Ed but all the others have been around for ages 

This is true, and a good point. But they’re also all quite beige and dare I say it pedestrian. There’s something to be said for giving someone new a shot, especially when his politics line up so squarely with the festival’s. He’s definitely a punt, but you know, nothing ventured, nothing gained old son. 

3 minutes ago, kalifire said:

This is true, and a good point. But they’re also all quite beige and dare I say it pedestrian. There’s something to be said for giving someone new a shot, especially when his politics line up so squarely with the festival’s. He’s definitely a punt, but you know, nothing ventured, nothing gained old son. 

Completely agree, Stormzy might be shit but at least he ain't pedestrian.

2 minutes ago, James96 said:

To be fair though, who was it going to be?

They can only book what's available, and I can appreciate the fact that we're getting a new headliner, it's just someone I don't find particularly interesting/captivating.

In terms of booking a 'new' or 'up and coming' artist like we all assumed would probably happen with The Cure and Macca playing it was only really ever gonna be The 1975 or Stormzy (tho he is a bit of a stretch I reckon). Who else is there? The only reason The 1975 aren't headlining is probably because they got an R+L offer earlier instead. They'll be there for 2020.

Tbh I reckon Glasto would rather have booked Stormzy than The 1975. Sure, they're bigger, but Stormzy is a much more exciting booking, perfectly in line with the principles of the festival and will generate much more interest amongst the general public than another random indie band doing it.

As far As I know there weren't any stabbings when bbk played so I think that association is a load of bollocks. Now if we had drill music being played....

I've listened to his music and it's not to my taste so I'll be elsewhere (probably an early entrance into SEC) but he will draw a crowd, maybe not on the scale of Adele or Ed - but I wouldn't be there for them either...

1 minute ago, Losing my hair said:

Sorry to call you out on this Guy but this is bollox, and I'm older than you so don't use your age as an excuse. Please explain the connection between Stormzy's music and a stabbing.

Well I'm not sure if they are the same but isn't it a fact that gangs are taunting each other using the same type of music as that of Stormzy and other rappers.. 

Calling each other out in their songs.. Now don't tell me that they don't cos it's a fact old son.. 

Even back in the day rap was all about guns, drugs and money.... Was it not.. Old Son 

• Downvote 1