so, Stormzy then...?

eFestivals

Can't ask my mum due to her leaving the planet a while ago, no sympathy needed as that while ago is a long while ago. Anyhow thought I'd ask my 83 year old dad. 

"Dad, you heard about or know anything about Stormzy?" 

This was repeated several times as he is a bit deaf. Eventual answer was

"I don't know anything other than it's wet and why are you shouting" ?

• Like 1

Mamma Jass, 57, decent standard of technology usage, never been to Glastonbury but likes watching the coverage. Doesn’t really read papers but does look at BBC News and sneaks a look at the Daily Mail sidebar when she thinks nobody is looking. Went to see Adele last year and very much enjoyed it...

”No.”

That’s all I got.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Looks like she’s thinking of Banksy?

3 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Possibly, but I think more likely she didn't think "singer" was appropriate and didn't have a clue what the right noun was...

:lol: Turns out you might have been right...

Just text my Dad, who can't text for shit so called me right back.

Dad: "Vicky (his wife) says he's an artist"

Me: "What sort of artist?"

Dad: "He's that....Banksy guy....oh wait, that's Banksy"

He later admitted that he'd initially thought I'd run into someone from his Civil War Reenactment Society when I was down the pub... :lol: 

• Upvote 1

I was visiting the rents last weekend as my dad's just has one hip replaced. They both know we're avid gig goers so were asking who we'd seen lately and didn't know most of them.

However My mum who is 84 asked if we'd seen "Stormzy" as she'd seen him on a chat show on the TV an "He seems like a very nice boy".....

Nuff said - My 84 year old mum likes Stormzy so all's well in the world.

BTW : She also hates "Bonio - that singer in U2!" - she does call Bono - Bonio and really doesn't like him at all "He's all preachy and up himself!".

Edited by Penrhos
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Quark said:

After the recent nonsense this thread has hands down renewed my faith in eFests. Had to explain why I was repeatedly giggling at my desk this afternoon.

Totally agree! I was even having a little chortle on the way home. I think it might be up there with the Cheese and Grain day. And no ones being mean about anyone else's mum's opinion/knowledge of Stormzy :)

22 minutes ago, Northern Soul said:

Screenshot_20181109-175036_Photos.thumb.jpg.2ad53a2344eda842f52f590df01d3e6f.jpg

Well fuck me sideways??. I am genuinely staggered at that. Ha ha...

A "little" rap artist?? Hahaha that is amazing! Although maybe he actually is like 5ft 5 and she REALLY knows her stuff

4 minutes ago, Penrhos said:

I was visiting the rents last weekend as my dad's just has one hip replaced. They both know we're avid gig goers so were asking who we'd seen lately and didn't know most of them.

However My mum who is 84 asked if we'd seen "Stormzy" as she'd seen him on a chat show on the TV an "He seems like a very nice boy".....

Nuff said - My 84 year old mum likes Stormzy so all's well in the world.

BTW : She also hates "Bonio - that singer in U2!" - she does call Bono - Bonio and really doesn't like him at all "He's all preachy and up himself!".

I was speaking to my 90 year old Nan the other day and told her I was seeing McCartney next month. 

“Ooh I always liked him. I didn’t like that John Lennon though, such a rude man!”

11 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

Yes, this is all far too random. We need age categories, technology usage levels, paper reading preferences, have they ever attended a festival, have they taken (non prescription) drugs. Charts and Venn diagrams to really get a feel for this situation. Jeremy Kyle to do lie detector tests when confronted with "did you Google who Stormzy was mum/mam/mother/Shirley?"!

Good post mate. It only needed a list of bands either just as worthy of headlining as Stormzy or perhaps more worthy of headlining and ha ha. 

My dad doesn’t use a phone but I just asked him if he had heard of Stormzy. He couldn’t think of who he was exactly but there was something clicking apparently. Make of that what you will. 

2 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Totally agree! I was even having a little chortle on the way home. I think it might be up there with the Cheese and Grain day. And no ones being mean about anyone else's mum's opinion/knowledge of Stormzy :)

This is my favourite thread so far since joining (although granted that was only a month ago). Who knew talking about Stormzy could be so entertaining. 

Just now, Sasperella said:

Love how many people are confusing these two. Whatever anyone thinks about Stormzy being a worthy headliner though, I'd definitely rather see him on the pyramid than Banksy....

Does anyone actually know who Banksy is? Maybe our mams know something we don’t. 

9 hours ago, jyoung said:

Bob hasn't heard much of Stormzy but has just found out that he might be headlining Bob's favourite festival. Bob "isn't sure about grime" but goes to YouTube and listens to one or two of Stormzy's songs before making the informed decision that whilst it might not be his cup of tea, he's intrigued. Bob listens to Skepta, Wiley and more, to make sure that he knows what he's talking about before he offers his thoughts on grime. Be more like Bob.

Shout-out to the Bob's on here.

That's just about me, except last year and I did think he was my cup of tea. None of my crew last year fancied it, so I wandered alone on my own and had a whale of a time, apart from when he tricked me into enjoying some of an Ed Sheeran song.

He could certainly teach Kanye West a thing or two about managing to put on a show despite being one bloke stood on the stage rapping over a backing track.