so, Stormzy then...?

eFestivals

Quite a bit to catch up on here since yesterday. A few notes:

1) @MetaKate is playing a blinder in this thread. 

2) I'm going to take my mum to a canteen and ask her who Stormzy is.

2) In answer to @Quark's question. No, that's someone else's battle. Though I do make a point of seeing as many heavy bands as possible at Glastonbury, whether I like them or not, in a forlorn attempt to get them to book more.

5 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Asked my Mum her ideal headliners.

Susan Boyle

Slim Whitman

Sydney Devine

Make it happen.

Sydney Devine is a particularly Scottish reference, even West of Scotland reference. On the realistic side he is back touring after a long gap.

Mixed feelings about this. It’s definitely a move in the right direction for Glasto but I definitely think this will be the peak of stormzys career.

he sure as hell will never crack America and after this I don’t really see how much further he could go. It would be a once and never again kinda thing. Could see him returning in a lower slot in like 4/5 years.

42 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Asked my Mum her ideal headliners.

Susan Boyle

Slim Whitman

Sydney Devine

Make it happen.

I've heard of Susan Boyle and slim Whitman but couldn't name any of their tracks . 

But haven't heard of sydney Devine so I'm not down with the kids or pensioners ....apologies if your mum is not in that age bracket 

57 minutes ago, kalifire said:

My mum, 67 next week, offers this:

A90792-CD-EA5-A-4-DCA-8183-C999862-FB816

She’s always got to bring religion into it. Sigh.  

I am now so bizarrely desperate to know if my Mum is or is not aware os Stormy that I have been forced to also text her for her views on the matter. I know she is on the train to Harrogate so it'll hopefully entertain her a little on her voyage "ooop north" (probs the furthest north she's ever been tbh)

Edited by Sasperella
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, The Red Telephone said:

On the topics of Mums, the last two festivals mine went to were in 1970. IOW where she watched Jimi Hendrix, most probably off her face on acid. And the very first Glastonbury.

Now she reads the Daily Mail, votes tory and likes Ed Sheeran.

She does know who Stormzy is.

My Mum, everyone.

I suspect she knows who Stormzy is because she reads the Daily Mail!- they launched a scathing piece about him because he attacked Tereasa May over Grenfell and also expressed his low regard for the Daily Mail itself:

With rain falling, Stormzy called out May and the Mail during his performance, delivering the lyrics in a new freestyle, “Theresa May where’s the money for Grenfell? / What you thought we just forgot about Grenfell?” and suggesting that the Daily Mail “suck my d***”.

Mail responded with their usual bizarre/ racist attack on anyone of colour who makes a critical political statement, ('they' should be 'grateful' to this country):

“For all his life Stormzy has happily benefited from the health care, housing and education opportunities the government, whether Tory or Labour, has provided… is it asking too much that he show a scintilla of gratitude to the country that offered his mother and him so much? Instead of trashing it.”

Can't believe they still pump out this s*** in 2018