so, Stormzy then...?

eFestivals

from a music biz newsheet I subscribe to....

A couple of weeks ago we ran the rumour that Stormzy was to headline the Friday night at Glastonbury. We’ve now had that confirmed, with either Childish Gambino or Liam Gallagher also taking a key slot that night. Which makes the other headliners mooted – The Cure on Saturday and Paul McCartney on Sunday – both seem plausible. Noel Gallagher is playing next year.

I'm not sure I buy childish gambino under stormzy that night... He's bigger internationally and I don't think him or his management would let someone else in a similar genre 'overshadow' him like that.

Liam maybe but not 100% sure on that

Edited by zahidf

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Is this something that is to be trusted? Some of the info is pretty vague - with Childish Gambino OR Liam G subbing? Seems pretty uncertain/weird info to have. 

Maybe both.

Stormzy / Liam Gallagher

The Cure / Childish Gambino

Macca / NGHFB

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Is this something that is to be trusted? Some of the info is pretty vague - with Childish Gambino OR Liam G subbing? Seems pretty uncertain/weird info to have. 

Well, they certainly seem confident about it. I've no idea who their source is, but I do suspect it's a goodie and there's very good reason for their confidence.

I'm guessing the 'or' is because they've not got Childish signed yet but are hopeful, and if they get him they'll swap Liam to another day.

Yeah I don't see Gambino playing anywhere near that. Hoping it just means Donny G is playing a different day as I'd love to see him. No idea who he'd sub though if there's no Gaga (or whatever pop act). Maybe other headliner vs. Cure or Macca?

Bit dissapointed if it is Stormzy. That would mean no nights on the Pyramid for me, and I kinda wanna do 1 as it is gonna be my first glasto (if I get resale tickets lol)

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Maybe both.

Stormzy / Liam Gallagher

The Cure / Childish Gambino

Macca / NGHFB

Yeah I suppose.

Pretty underwhelming result after all this speculation if this does turn out to be the case but ah well, chance to be away from the Pyramid I suppose.

Childish Gambino would be a pretty good result. A two Gallagher brother pair of subs less so, and not something I think would happen either.

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Stormzy's been saying that he's been quiet as he's been in the studio, so maybe something to it? Makes as much if not more sense than some of the stuff that gets bounced around.

a UK rapper certainly makes sense after US rappers. And if it's not him and next year then it might not be him and we'd be waiting a while for the next possibility I reckon.

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

Yeah I don't see Gambino playing anywhere near that. Hoping it just means Donny G is playing a different day as I'd love to see him. No idea who he'd sub though if there's no Gaga (or whatever pop act). Maybe other headliner vs. Cure or Macca?

Bit dissapointed if it is Stormzy. That would mean no nights on the Pyramid for me, and I kinda wanna do 1 as it is gonna be my first glasto (if I get resale tickets lol)

All I'd say is that he might surprise you. Not my stuff at all but blew me away live.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I suppose.

Pretty underwhelming result after all this speculation if this does turn out to be the case but ah well, chance to be away from the Pyramid I suppose.

Childish Gambino would be a pretty good result. A two Gallagher brother pair of subs less so, and not something I think would happen either.

Yeah, thought it was quite strange and we know what the tabloids will make out of it! CG is someone I really want to see and he is quitting music so I am happy if true. Hopefully a Tame Impala clash.

2 minutes ago, gearbm95 said:

As an American coming over for my first Glasto this is an interesting headliner choice for me, as he has zero relevance in the US. Where do you guys recommend I start with his music?

Also, I highly doubt Gambino is playing, Coachella is supposed to be his final show.

Stormzy has one album. Start with Gang signs and prayers.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, gearbm95 said:

As an American coming over for my first Glasto this is an interesting headliner choice for me, as he has zero relevance in the US. Where do you guys recommend I start with his music?

Also, I highly doubt Gambino is playing, Coachella is supposed to be his final show.

There isn't much to start from, I don't think? 

Only one album, but new one due immenently. 

Edited by vintagelaureate