Hot Chip

suzie sue

Surely worthy of their own thread, couldn’t believe that there was not one to be found. Best news in ages that they will be around next summer, and surely as Glastonbury favourites they are due a decent slot. I don’t think they will repeat the other sub or west holts slots, too big for the remaining stages I would bet on a pyramid slot. A mid to late afternoon show on that stage would be great and would mix it up a bit. They have so many great tunes now and can expect a couple of bangers on the new record. 

Favourites of mine are: boy from school, motion sickness, huarache lights , one life stand, one pure thought, touch too much, ready for the floor, over and over , night and day

I'd have them there in a shot.

The atmosphere at their west holts headline was one of the best I've seen at the festival.

As you say not sure where they could play now.

Talking of the last time they played I can't find it on YouTube. Any know know where I could watch the whole gig?

Just now, briddj said:

My personal opinion is their Glasto appearance 2019 vs. 2020 will depend on what stage their next album is at.

If they're already touring festivals next year then the assumption would be that the new album is done and out by then.

I can see them taking a high Other slot again but a Pyramid slot would be cool. I echo the thought above about their West Holts set being electrifying. Never has my original headliner pulling out worked out in my favour so much.

4 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

The atmosphere at their west holts headline was one of the best I've seen at the festival.

Talking of the last time they played I can't find it on YouTube. Any know know where I could watch the whole gig?

This is the only track that exists. And what a track! I was off my face for this and really wish I could remember more....

Just now, FloorFiller said:

If they're already touring festivals next year then the assumption would be that the new album is done and out by then.

I can see them taking a high Other slot again but a Pyramid slot would be cool. I echo the thought above about their West Holts set being electrifying. Never has my original headliner pulling out worked out in my favour so much.

I don't think that's necessarily true. Quite often bands will play a few dates in the summer and release the album in the autumn, then do the major festivals the following year. It's certainly not a given a new album is ready but I hope it is. I just fear they might be there in 2020.

8 minutes ago, briddj said:

This is the only track that exists. And what a track! I was off my face for this and really wish I could remember more....

I've been listening to a version of this lots recently as though it was a new discovery. I was there in 2015 - have zero recollection of this.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, suzie sue said:

Surely worthy of their own thread, couldn’t believe that there was not one to be found. Best news in ages that they will be around next summer, and surely as Glastonbury favourites they are due a decent slot. I don’t think they will repeat the other sub or west holts slots, too big for the remaining stages I would bet on a pyramid slot. A mid to late afternoon show on that stage would be great and would mix it up a bit. They have so many great tunes now and can expect a couple of bangers on the new record. 

Favourites of mine are: boy from school, motion sickness, huarache lights , one life stand, one pure thought, touch too much, ready for the floor, over and over , night and day

Pyramid sub is the only one left before they repeat a slot surely?

18 minutes ago, briddj said:

Surely someone on here has access to the whole set and can help us out.

I'll settle for just the audio if I have to.

Someone help us out!

28 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

If only someone had downloaded all the sets for the last three festivals...

20 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Fuck it, Hot Chip to headline the Other Stage. If LCD can smash it with a small crowd then so can Hot Chip. Al knows the score.

I like this line of thinking. Put them on the Sunday up against McCartney so he can pull the masses and leave a 100% party crowd for Hot Chip. Would guarantee sending the festival off on a high.