Hot Chip

suzie sue

On 9/20/2021 at 1:27 AM, bamber said:

"I can't hear your voice, Do I have a choice"

Remembering how much I LOVE Hot Chip

My first Glastonbury and that day was really special - They were preceded by Elbow and followed by Massive Attack if i remember rightly.  Standout memories of them doing Wearing My Rolex with Wiley (before he went weird) and No Fit State. 

You can see me briefly on that video but I wont try to point myself out.  Probably the moment I fell in love with Glastonbury.

On 4/22/2022 at 11:13 AM, siblin said:

My first Glastonbury and that day was really special - They were preceded by Elbow and followed by Massive Attack if i remember rightly.  Standout memories of them doing Wearing My Rolex with Wiley (before he went weird) and No Fit State. 

You can see me briefly on that video but I wont try to point myself out.  Probably the moment I fell in love with Glastonbury.

I didn't catch that gig despite being there - but remember watching that on the coverage:

9 hours ago, Homer said:

You going to any of the CP Park gigs? None really take my fancy this years sadly.

I went to a couple of the south facing shows last summer but agree that there’s not as much for me this time. I have plans when Jungle are on but I would have considered Richard Ashcroft but his anti vaccination conspiracy promotion has put me off a bit. 

wireless in CP park isn’t my bag but seemed to look like good fun for the target audience 

• 4 months later...

Posted this in the spare tickets thread, but makes sense to put it here too...

Due to pull outs (including myself) I've got four spare tickets for Hot Chip at Brixton Academy on Friday 23rd Sept. Happy to see if anyone here wants them before I look to Twickets.

Happy to sell either all four together or two pairs.

Selling for FV, which was a frankly ludicrous £25 each after fees.

DM if interested.

48 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Due to pull outs (including myself) I've got four spare tickets for Hot Chip at Brixton Academy on Friday 23rd Sept. Happy to see if anyone here wants them before I look to Twickets.

DM if interested.

Where did you buy them? I just ask because I bought two tickets for the Friday from Ticketmaster and sold them really quickly through their fan to fan resale when our plans changed. Now going solo on Thursday. 

I know Ticketmaster are evil, just mentioning as was impressed by how quickly they shifted!

28 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Where did you buy them? I just ask because I bought two tickets for the Friday from Ticketmaster and sold them really quickly through their fan to fan resale when our plans changed. Now going solo on Thursday. 

I know Ticketmaster are evil, just mentioning as was impressed by how quickly they shifted!

Bought them on See. Currently none listed on Twickets so can’t imagine there being too many issues shifting them. Especially at that price.

10 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

DM if interested.

PMed

• 3 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Clarence Clemons said:

did anyone attend the first show of 4 in Brixton last night?

Setlist looks great, including some new ones I like from the new album.

attending friday night, very excited

I'm going tonight! Think I might avoid looking at the setlist and leave it a surprise....

Will report back!