Hot Chip

suzie sue

3 minutes ago, Homer said:

Hey, it's gone hipster - Shoreditch on Sea!

I have childhood memories of Bembom Brothers and teenage memories of getting smashed on the beach on a school day out.

I want to treasure those memories and keep them untarnished :lol:

On 8/27/2020 at 4:34 PM, Homer said:

Makes me feel better - clicked the link and it had sold out, then saw this after. Wouldn't have paid it anyway!

Deffo  not sold out as i have just got bought  tickets.

Bit expensive but will i see any other live bands this year?

On 8/28/2020 at 4:53 PM, fullerlove said:

Deffo  not sold out as i have just got bought  tickets.

Bit expensive but will i see any other live bands this year?

Amazing - hope you enjoy and definitely report back! Also, any chance of a wave for us streamers?

Got a free 'ticket' yesterday in exchange for writing a quick review for my mate, so prob going to give it a whirl and watch it with a few beers at friend's (a different one - I have two) tonight.

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Amazing - hope you enjoy and definitely report back! Also, any chance of a wave for us streamers?

Got a free 'ticket' yesterday in exchange for writing a quick review for my mate, so prob going to give it a whirl and watch it with a few beers at friend's (a different one - I have two) tonight.

I'll be watching tonight too.

Enjoy @fullerlove! If it was a bit closer to home I might have considered it. Would find it odd sitting for Hot Chip though if that is the setup (although will be at home of course).

Very much enjoying this! 

12 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I'll be watching tonight too.

Enjoy @fullerlove! If it was a bit closer to home I might have considered it. Would find it odd sitting for Hot Chip though if that is the setup (although will be at home of course).

Probably helped by a bottle of red, but I did get up from the sofa for Flutes...

Edited by Johnkhutch

6 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Glad it wasn’t just me who had a little cry @Zoo Music Girl Enjoyed it with a takeaway on holiday in Devon, but would much rather have been there in person. 

Likewise glad it wasn't just me! Really got me going for some reason. Think it was the live audience aspect and seeing people dancing and having fun. Great gig though. I miss them.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

On 9/5/2020 at 7:04 AM, Homer said:

I hope you seen me waving!!

What an experience it was ,I've never been to anything like that. It was really strange walking into Dreamland and seeing how they had set up with distance between the pods of four front of the stage and a raised area to the rear for stets of two people. 

Our pod was bang centre front of stage.I didn't catch the Dj's name who was playing just as we arrived.But he was playing some real nice stuff.

I'm outside at a gig! The Dj's set is over ,I've got a beer in hand, the techs are doing  the final checks on stage then the lights go down Hot chip come onto stage .' I got that feelingIi've been waiting four months for,The unmistakable  intro to Huarache nights brings the hairs up I'm ready for this,really ready for this.Ready for the floor gave me that moment we all need and yes there were tears.Maybe i was being a bit over enthusiastic in my dancing  but the nod and comment for Joe Goddard kept me right up there.

By the time over and over was playing i think half the pods had been left with people moving closer to the stage while still keeping a good distance between each other,the place was buzzing.The band left the stage right after that track and the security herded people back to their pods.

Back on stage they played the new cover of the velvets candy says into the final tracks on the gig.

I've seen Hot chip at least ten times over the years and seen them play better than this.  but the experience was  so different very personal, surreal at times.I  loved it .

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, fullerlove said:

I hope you seen me waving!!

What an experience it was ,I've never been to anything like that. It was really strange walking into Dreamland and seeing how they had set up with distance between the pods of four front of the stage and a raised area to the rear for stets of two people. 

Our pod was bang centre front of stage.I didn't catch the Dj's name who was playing just as we arrived.But he was playing some real nice stuff.

I'm outside at a gig! The Dj's set is over ,I've got a beer in hand, the techs are doing  the final checks on stage then the lights go down Hot chip come onto stage .' I got that feelingIi've been waiting four months for,The unmistakable  intro to Huarache nights brings the hairs up I'm ready for this,really ready for this.Ready for the floor gave me that moment we all need and yes there were tears.Maybe i was being a bit over enthusiastic in my dancing  but the nod and comment for Joe Goddard kept me right up there.

By the time over and over was playing i think half the pods had been left with people moving closer to the stage while still keeping a good distance between each other,the place was buzzing.The band left the stage right after that track and the security herded people back to their pods.

Back on stage they played the new cover of the velvets candy says into the final tracks on the gig.

I've seen Hot chip at least ten times over the years and seen them play better than this.  but the experience was  so different very personal, surreal at times.I  loved it .

Such a great review! It looked awesome.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
1 hour ago, Homer said:

Hot Chip Brixton residency at end of Sept tix currently on sale (just got two for the Sat, £50 total for the pair).

https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/hot-chip-o2-academy-brixton-london/venueartist/254029/1009619

Thanks for this! Just heard them talking about it on 6music and was contemplating it but didn't realise they were so reasonably priced! Or that I had this topic on notifications still. Just got two for the Friday.