Hot Chip

suzie sue

5 minutes ago, Homer said:

As much as I'm pissing on my own (Hot) chips here re my chances of getting a ticket, yes there is . I've got the press release here:

'Streamland will also welcome a small, socially distanced audience, creating atmosphere and ambience and giving the band the opportunity to bounce off a live audience, adding another layer of authenticity.'

Oh hm, seems they haven't been very clear at all. Do you have any idea at all where to get tickets tho?

Edited by Gilgamesh69

8 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Where did you get the press release from Homer? Presume it tells you in that how to apply for them?

Am a journalist and my colleague sent it to me earlier. It's still not all that clear though. Having reread it and hit the link, I think the ticket info instruction is indeed just for streaming 'tickets'. Looks like Gilgamesh may be right and the spaces have already been allocated elsewhere!

14 hours ago, Tuna said:

what's the point of the presale? are they limiting capacity or something?

I think there might be different bands of ticket releases? The email said that prices start at £XX, so the second batch of tickets are a couple of quid more? Who knows!

from the hot chip press release (just the bits you want to know)....

Margate's Dreamland is set to host a UK first on Saturday 5th September when Hot Chip perform an exclusive, globally streamed, live gig dubbed ‘Streamland’, before a socially distanced audience.

Tickets will be on sale with DICE at 1pm (BST) on Wednesday 12th August.

14 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

According to the emails I've had that 1pm sale today is the general sale for the streaming audience? I think what was suggested before might be right, that the live audience has been selected elsewhere somehow.

Yep, this is what I had too - Tickets will be on sale with DICE at 1pm (BST) on Wednesday 12th August - and DMed to Gilgamesh yesterday. We were a tad confused as to why there would need to be a pre-sale for a virtual gig but there you go! As said yesterday, I think I got the wrong end of the stick from the release and the 1pm sale is indeed more virtual tix.

Edited by Homer

1 minute ago, Homer said:

Yep, this is what I had too - Tickets will be on sale with DICE at 1pm (BST) on Wednesday 12th August - and DMed to Gilgamesh yesterday. We were a tad confused as to why there would need to be a pre-sale for a virtual gig but there you go! As said yesterday, I think I got the wrong end of the stick from the release and the 1pm sale is indeed more virtual tix.

Yeah I've no idea why there would be a presale. Cheaper price maybe? They can't be limiting ticket numbers.

Wonder how they've selected the love audience. Could just be friends and family maybe.

55 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Have decided to boycott the Hot Chips from hereon, for putting me through this 

Don't blame the Chips, I'll shoulder them (like Jesus).

I've prob seen Hot Chip more than any other band over the last five years or so, so prob not the end of the world.

7 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

I bought a streaming ticket. I would absolutely love to go though, with Margate being my local venue pretty much. It’s who you know with these things though isn’t it 

Think I remember someone telling me that people who live nearby get offered tickets to events there, as compensation for the noise? So just buy an apartment there, easy solution haha

But goddamn I really miss Dreamland. I went in August '17, had a little post-glastonbury reunion with a friend there. Was one of the happiest days of my adult life, and I want to return someday 😩

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Think I remember someone telling me that people who live nearby get offered tickets to events there, as compensation for the noise? So just buy an apartment there, easy solution haha

Do you know, I actually nearly did a few years back. Really regret not doing that now and renting it out. Apartments quite close to the sea front were ridiculously cheap at the time- probably some of the cheapest property in the UK. Gone up quite a bit now though :-(.

• 2 weeks later...

Live tickets available now:

We're excited to say we have a very limited number of tickets available to be in the live audience at our Streamland gig on the 5th September.

These are on sale now - first come first served via the link below.

Please note due to the current situation, audience tickets are only available to UK residents. Tickets are available as 4 person seated ‘pods’ tickets (with parasol cover) and 2/4/6 person ‘stalls’ seats. Ticketed groups can be made up of a maximum of 2 households.

Buy Tickets

Please read the full information on the ticketing page before purchasing.

Successful purchases of audience tickets can claim a refund on their stream ticket - please email info@streamland.co.uk with your booking reference to do so.

Age Restriction: 18+

Show Start: 7pm
Finish Time: 10.30pm
Curfew: 11pm

For more information on this event, please contact customer.services@dreamland.co.uk

Ugh didn't work.... 

This is the link: https://www.axs.com/uk/events/396388/hot-chip-live-in-streamland-tickets

We're excited to say we have a very limited number of tickets available to be in the live audience at our Streamland gig on the 5th September.

These are on sale now - first come first served via the link below.

Please note due to the current situation, audience tickets are only available to UK residents. Tickets are available as 4 person seated ‘pods’ tickets (with parasol cover) and 2/4/6 person ‘stalls’ seats. Ticketed groups can be made up of a maximum of 2 households.

Buy Tickets
Please read the full information on the ticketing page before purchasing.

Successful purchases of audience tickets can claim a refund on their stream ticket - please email info@streamland.co.uk with your booking reference to do so.

Age Restriction: 18+

Show Start: 7pm
Finish Time: 10.30pm
Curfew: 11pm

For more information on this event, please contact customer.services@dreamland.co.uk