Hot Chip

suzie sue

6 hours ago, nikkic said:

Yep. 

Sabotage doesn’t do it for me.

The live recording from the six music festival didn't sound great and it didn't do that much for me on the Park... but live in Nottingham later in the year it was excellent.

Not as Good.as Dancing in the Dark though

Granted it doesnt match up to that fantastic West Holts moment... but credit to the boys for not trying to do another Dancing in the Dark...

Sabotage was totally unexpected and when i first saw it in the intimacy of Londons Village Underground it was genius..

Couldnt find the Sabotage performance from that night... but Flutes is darned good... (nearly a year ago.!)

• 2 months later...

As it's a year since the Park gig, it seemed appropriate to post this up and share its story.

I was lucky enough to get the setlist at the end, which really put the cherry on top of what was already an amazing day. When I packed my bags on Monday morning I thought I had lost it, so emptied everything and searched through before finding it in the important pocket part of the bag. I got it in a cheap frame when we got home and it took pride of place on the wall below my WWII deep shelter sign.

A few months later everything went into boxes as we were moving to Australia. We were originally told that the shipping process would take a maximum of 12 weeks. 18 weeks later and the subcontracted company here finally delivered the boxes. Apart from one. This, of course, was the box that had the fewest items in it, but one of the most important sentimentally to me, for it had the setlist. We were told that it would have been misplaced in their warehouse and to check back next week. Next week, we were told that they would now start looking for it. A few weeks after that, on chasing again, we were finally told that the subcontractor had no knowledge of the box and that was that. The setlist, along with the other contents of the box, was gone, sacrificed to the shipping gods.

I contacted the original company to open up an insurance claim for other things in the box and the very next day they contacted me to let me know that they had found the box. It had never left London! This was a) quite the relief and b) entirely expected given the company's performance up to that point. They quickly agreed to fly the box to us and I was reunited with the setlist about a month ago. It is now stationed on the wall by the toilet door, opposite a picture I took of Radiohead's 2017 set.

The moral of the story here is to never, ever use PSS international removals, and if you have bits of paper that are precious to you, take them out of their frames and carry them in your luggage!

DSC_0882.JPG

• Upvote 7

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2020 at 1:43 PM, zeppelin said:

Streaming a live show 

https://streamland.co.uk/hot-chip/

Screenshot_20200730-134101__01.jpg

Anyone else buy a ticket for this? Part of me feels it's a bit late to the party for streamed gigs, but it does sound like it will be quite special. So I thought fuck it and went in.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

11 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Anyone else buy a ticket for this? Part of me feels it's a bit late to the party for streamed gigs, but it does sound like it will be quite special. So I thought fuck it and went in.

I got one. Would rather be there though 😥

48 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I just set my alarm to try for a ticket to the actual gig tomorrow; can't see it happening though!

I think it's worded badly. As I understand it there is no audience, but they are selling tickets to see the stream.

EDIT: unless i'm mistaken, and in which case i'll be there!

EDIT 2: From their email below, I think it's just tickets to a stream, no audience.

After all the cancellations, it’s really important that we perform live and direct to you the fans. We’ve teamed up with Streamland to play our only show this year - live from the incredible Dreamland in Margate - with all the maximalist production of a full festival set. It’ll be streamed into your screens at high resolution. 

Edited by Dom Wall

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I don't think there's an audience? There are two sales because there is a presale and a normal sale. The presale code is just HOTCHIP if anyone is interested.

It is worded badly though, because it does say "a live audience". But I think that just means the streamed-to live audience?

As much as I'm pissing on my own (Hot) chips here re my chances of getting a ticket, yes there is . I've got the press release here:

'Streamland will also welcome a small, socially distanced audience, creating atmosphere and ambience and giving the band the opportunity to bounce off a live audience, adding another layer of authenticity.'

3 minutes ago, Homer said:

As much as I'm pissing on my own (Hot) chips here re my chances of getting a ticket, yes there is . I've got the press release here:

'Streamland will also welcome a small, socially distanced audience, creating atmosphere and ambience and giving the band the opportunity to bounce off a live audience, adding another layer of authenticity.'

Oh right! Not seen that anywhere. I wouldn't be likely to go anyway to be honest, so you don't need to worry about competing with me.