Hot Chip

suzie sue

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I listened to the new album yesterday and think it's decent but it will be a grower for me - and I doubt it will have grown by next Saturday enough to persuade me to see them (mainly because as good as I reckon it will be, I can't see it topping the Village Underground gig in April). Was leaning Chems as I think the new album is decent but now being quite heavily tempted towards Daniel Avery in Pangaea as a bit of a curveball! Is it completely mad to think we could see beginning of Chems and wander over? Probably.

I think that's eminently do-able, ZMG...

Hot Chip record is very 'typical' for me. A few absolutely lush, feel-good electric pop-dance tracks that will get the crowd dancing and smiling on Park. Coupled with a few kind of meh tracks that all their records seem to have.

So...stick the crackers in the set alongside their impressive canon of brilliant hits and it should be a euphoric Park Party.

Ben

3 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I think that's eminently do-able, ZMG...

Hot Chip record is very 'typical' for me. A few absolutely lush, feel-good electric pop-dance tracks that will get the crowd dancing and smiling on Park. Coupled with a few kind of meh tracks that all their records seem to have.

So...stick the crackers in the set alongside their impressive canon of brilliant hits and it should be a euphoric Park Party.

Ben

I am the same Ben. Think the 2 singles and Positive are stand out. The rest is pleasant enough but they have not gripped me yet. Think I am going to drive around aimlessly tonight with it on and see how it fairs.

Positive is absolutely fantastic though. Absolutely love it.

6 hours ago, Ryan6876 said:

Are they doing 2 sets at or just the one Saturday night at The Park ? Sorry if these has already been asked. 

One. Joe Goddard DJing left, right and centre. Expecting a Crow's Nest slot for him too (when the rest of HC will probably be lurking)

7 hours ago, briddj said:

One. Joe Goddard DJing left, right and centre. Expecting a Crow's Nest slot for him too (when the rest of HC will probably be lurking)

This was a beautiful night in 2016.

1 hour ago, Brownie30 said:

This will be the first time I've been to see a Park headliner and extremely excited about it! Any tips on what kind of time to get up to The Park in order to secure a good spot? Would arriving 30 mins before HC are on work? 

Yeah should be. Lots of competition for them. Go round the back of the sound desk and in from the left. 

9 hours ago, Simpo said:

This was a beautiful night in 2016.

What sort of stuff was he playing please? Not seen a ‘Hot Chip DJ set’ for about a decade (and Google isn’t shedding much light). Might be nice to finally make it to the crows nest (and this may keep me more on the straight and narrow than a load of dance music!).

Edited by Homer

1 minute ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

What's your chosen Saturday headliner bud?

I could be persuaded otherwise but probably Chemical and the lads.  Not out of any great desire to see them again, but they might be the best of a bad bunch.  Though Sean Paul could prove to be a surprise late contender.

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I could be persuaded otherwise but probably Chemical and the lads.  Not out of any great desire to see them again, but they might be the best of a bad bunch.  Though Sean Paul could prove to be a surprise late contender.

I wondered if you were going to give it the old "gives me a good chance to get into the SE corner early" but I reckon those people just post adamantly on here that they're happy about that, but actually just assume the fetal position and weep once they do get in early and nowts going on.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Started off with Robbie Williams for the nans and kids, took a stroll through peak period Boney M, before a rousing conclusion of Come On Eileen.

Ta - might be a more sensible Thursday night option than a load of rave and house in the glade! Will see how the mood takes me after Fabio and grooverider I guess...

2 hours ago, Homer said:

What sort of stuff was he playing please? Not seen a ‘Hot Chip DJ set’ for about a decade (and Google isn’t shedding much light). Might be nice to finally make it to the crows nest (and this may keep me more on the straight and narrow than a load of dance music!).

Cal's having you on! I remember Caribou - Can't Do Without You, showing Al the tweet I'd sent him a few weeks before saying how sad I was I didn't have a ticket as I was gonna miss LCD, and saying to him "But I managed to get here after all!!" and him reaching over and giving me a massive hug, Prince - Controversy, dancing with Sarah and the boys, Joe having a turn on the decks and announcing Remain was gonna win the referendum, and a Hot Chip supermix at the end. 

It was just the right amount of people.

• 4 months later...

Anybody else at Ally Pally last night? 

Thought they were excellent. Visuals and lasers were unreal.

Think I’ve seen them 7 times now and that was probably the 2nd best.

(With the first being WH 2015 which is likely to remain untouched at number 1, as @FloorFiller said the other day, it was life affirming stuff).

I like the new record, but prime Hot Chip is live Hot Chip, not many can match them. 

801262E7-7688-45B2-84CC-B67814858642.jpeg

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, nikkic said:

Anybody else at Ally Pally last night? 

Thought they were excellent. Visuals and lasers were unreal.

Think I’ve seen them 7 times now and that was probably the 2nd best.

(With the first being WH 2015 which is likely to remain untouched at number 1, as @FloorFiller said the other day, it was life affirming stuff).

I like the new record, but prime Hot Chip is live Hot Chip, not many can match them. 

801262E7-7688-45B2-84CC-B67814858642.jpeg

Agreed. Thought the atmosphere was incredible too, everyone up for a right good party.