Hot Chip

suzie sue

8 hours ago, Green.flash said:

Never been up the Crows Nest. How easy is it to get into/rammed is it?

For Al's DJ set there in 2016 on the Thursday night there were the perfect amount of people. Most, if not all, the rest of the band turned up to dance/have a go on the decks, it was a profoundly wonderful time. Minus the approaching brexit cloud.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Green.flash said:

Never been up the Crows Nest. How easy is it to get into/rammed is it?

I'd suggest getting there early for a set from the 'bigger' names, as I've found a sound clash from lower down the Park, if I've been on the outside of the tent, but it is easy to get into, and is a fantastic stage.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Simpo said:

For Al's DJ set there in 2016 on the Thursday night there were the perfect amount of people. Most, if not all, the rest of the band turned up to dance/have a go on the decks, it was a profoundly wonderful time. Minus the approaching brexit cloud.

Joe Goddard got on the Mic and announced that we were staying in, everyone was hugging each other and going wild and then we understood that he got his wires crossed and it was actually just announcing the first result of the night, right?

That was a really fun time in the Crows Nest

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2019 at 11:45 PM, carlosj said:

I'd suggest getting there early for a set from the 'bigger' names, as I've found a sound clash from lower down the Park, if I've been on the outside of the tent, but it is easy to get into, and is a fantastic stage.

Because of the name I always thought the crows nest was nautical themed.

Never been to it, but was imagining a pirate ship on the top of a hill. Disappointed to realise from your post it's just a tent.

2 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

If this was true, I would probably be sitting here really enjoying it. If this was true, you understand.

Ben

Of course, I'm sure I'd probably be about two thirds through loving what I'd heard. Were it available. 

On 6/19/2019 at 3:51 PM, finn_with_1_n said:

Has anyone been to the Megamix before? They're coming to Brighton on Saturday and am pretty tempted. I've already seen them in Brighton this year though as a full live set up and would like to know just how different this is

Went to a Hot Chip Halloween Megamix in Margate a while back which was a good laugh! Can’t remember who was there, whoever it was was in fancy dress anyway but wasn’t the full band as far as I’m aware.

3 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Of course, I'm sure I'd probably be about two thirds through loving what I'd heard. Were it available. 

That would be great, wouldn't it? I mean, you'd probably have thought that lots of the new tracks will would sound great on Park. Roll on tomorrow, eh?

Ben

23 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

That would be great, wouldn't it? I mean, you'd probably have thought that lots of the new tracks will would sound great on Park. Roll on tomorrow, eh?

Ben

Ooh yeah I can’t wait for tmw!! Sad news about Phillipe Zdar though who produced some of the tracks on the album. He’s had a hand in a lot of my favourite music (Phoenix in particular).

8 hours ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Ooh yeah I can’t wait for tmw!! Sad news about Phillipe Zdar though who produced some of the tracks on the album. He’s had a hand in a lot of my favourite music (Phoenix in particular).

It’s really good! And yes, very sad about Zdar. Wolfgang Amadeus... is a work of genius. 

Listening to the new HC record I can’t help but feel that we need Sarah Jones on stage...and I understand that she hasn’t been touring with them, so I’m guessing she won’t be there on Park. But she’s SOOO good! 

Ben