Hot Chip

suzie sue

9 minutes ago, LostHorizon said:

With all the talk being of the Chems/Hot Chip clash, I’m starting to wonder will anyone actually be at the Killers...

Chems for me (but I’m lucky and have HC a few weeks later)

Wu Tang as well.

Hot Chip are big on this board but when push comes to shove, I think they may struggle a bit up against all the Saturday night competition.

5 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Wu Tang as well.

Hot Chip are big on this board but when push comes to shove, I think they may struggle a bit up against all the Saturday night competition.

Yes, the people on this board have better taste than your average punter. ?

Edited by HotChipWillBreakYourLegs
  • Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Let’s not forget Hot Chip on West Holts was pretty sparsely attended at the start before the party got started in earnest. If you took a sample from this forum, you’d think it was one of the all time great performances on the farm...

The demographic here definitely skews 25 and up - probably majority 30-40 year olds - and at the dedicated / nerdy end of the spectrum. Not a real representation.

The Killers will still absolutely wallop every other competing stage for turnout and buzz.

This mans right. It’s the Coldplay phenomenon. If you believed this forum there’d be nobody there except a few people booing. In reality they usually eat everyone else’s lunch, crowd-wise. Same with the Las Vegas Duran Duran, it’ll be between them and Kylie for biggest crowd of the weekend.

Like many others on here I won’t be there to verify that statement as I’ll probably be at the Chems. I love the ‘Chip but I think they might struggle.

47 minutes ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

Yes, the people on this board have better taste than your average punter. ?

I used to agree with your sentiment till I witnessed members on here watching Adele over New Order ??‍♂️?

2 hours ago, mpdow2 said:

Any chance of getting close for Hot Chip if you do that

Not really, though there is usually a lot of untapped space if you go round to the back and to the left of the park stage (everyone just files in on the right side like sheep). Think it is all going to come down to on the day. I don't know which way I will go....

4 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

Let’s not forget Hot Chip on West Holts was pretty sparsely attended at the start before the party got started in earnest. If you took a sample from this forum, you’d think it was one of the all time great performances on the farm...

The demographic here definitely skews 25 and up - probably majority 30-40 year olds - and at the dedicated / nerdy end of the spectrum. Not a real representation.

The Killers will still absolutely wallop every other competing stage for turnout and buzz.

That's pretty much the exact kind of people I saw in Gorilla when Hot Chip played.

5 hours ago, briddj said:

Not really, though there is usually a lot of untapped space if you go round to the back and to the left of the park stage (everyone just files in on the right side like sheep). Think it is all going to come down to on the day. I don't know which way I will go....

Agree. Let the mood decide on the day. Is very tempting to start at the Chems then sprint over. Have 2 mates definitely at Hot Chip so hopefully could sneak into where they are. Then again at just love the atmosphere at Chems so much I never leave. 

At the very least Chems will finish before. 

12 minutes ago, Ricci's Special Kebabs said:

Are the Pre-Sale codes unique?

Any chance of PMing me if not.

Apparently so:

Each code can only be used for one transaction and a code does not guarantee ticket availability

• Upvote 1

Do we think the Ally Pally gig will sell out tomorrow? Money is tight this month for obvious reasons, so I'd prefer to wait, but maybe that's a silly idea? It's twice the size of Brixton Academy, have they doubled in popularity since then?

Edited by StLewi

2 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

Would it be plausible to catch the first 30 mins of The Killers (from the back) then make it over in time for Hot Chip? Can't remember how long the walk is from Pyramid to Park. Assuming it's dry ground!

It's possible, but it's a fair old trek. And you'd have to walk past the Other when the Chems are on, which'll be pretty busy.

Unless you head up through Williams Green, past Leftfield and the Glade and come in that way.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Woffy said:

It's possible, but it's a fair old trek. And you'd have to walk past the Other when the Chems are on, which'll be pretty busy.

Unless you head up through Williams Green, past Leftfield and the Glade and come in that way.

Nice one cheers Woffy will keep it in mind!

3 hours ago, Ricci's Special Kebabs said:

Are the Pre-Sale codes unique?

Any chance of PMing me if not.

https://alexandrapalaceevents.seetickets.com/event/hot-chip/alexandra-palace/1388057?pre=appre&src=appresale&dm_i=3I8H%2CKZKA%2C91RAD%2C29T86%2C1&fbclid=IwAR05VUNWYUwV4uDlqzQiyJMLhHjyJgu9alFkk-QZyKECyHCRmNdsgy2tUdM

I don't think it will sell out that quickly (if it does at all).