Hot Chip

suzie sue

1 minute ago, briddj said:

So now we have a SECOND live Hot Chip show in The Common lineup.

Hoping for Friday night, which could then free up Saturday night possibly.... or do both....

Saturday night in The Temple according to the official site.

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/areas/the-common/

Edited by jyoung

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

It will be a DJ set. 

3 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Saturday night in The Temple according to the official site.

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/areas/the-common/

Just seen this. I wouldn't image they would do another live set on Saturday after playing at the Park until gone midnight.

But they could have put (DJ set) after their name!

13 minutes ago, mpdow2 said:

Anything more on the DJ vs Live Set debate?

Don't think there's any more info but...

For it being a dj set:

• They're all DJ sets in the Temple, not equipped for a live set
  • They're already playing a live set on the Park just before it, very unlikely to play twice in one night
  • They regularly do DJ sets, this was expected when they were on the first lineup poster
  • A live set would cause carnage and frustrate thousands who can't get in 

For it being a live set:

• It doesn't say 'dj set' in brackets on the poster like it does for one other artist

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

For it being a dj set:

• They're already playing a live set on the Park just before it, very unlikely to play twice in one night
  • They regularly do DJ sets, this was expected when they were on the first lineup poster

For it being a live set:

• It doesn't say 'dj set' in brackets on the poster like it does for one other artist

So it's decided. Clearly a live set; the evidence is undeniable. 

Edited by zeppelin

38 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

For it being a dj set:

For it being a live set:

I swear I have seen a 'live' band in there. I'm sure it was someone like Rudimental maybe around 2013 or something, my memory is very hazy..

1 minute ago, Ducky89 said:

I swear I have seen a 'live' band in there. I'm sure it was someone like Rudimental maybe around 2013 or something, my memory is very hazy..

Yeah to be fair, I'm going off what others have said on that one. I have personally only seen DJ's but could be wrong. I think the other points are enough to rule out a live set though. 

On 4/17/2019 at 1:16 PM, The Martini Police said:

The as-yet-unannounced London gig on the tour is at Ally Pally. Don't know the date but should be a nice weekend gig on the 25th or 26th looking at their dates.

The unannounced (until late May) dates are:

Manchester Academy Fri 25th Oct

London Ally Pally Sat 26th Oct

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

The unannounced (until late May) dates are:

Manchester Academy Fri 25th Oct

London Ally Pally Sat 26th Oct

Cheers for the update! 

Shame there's not a Leeds date, I'll consider Manchester nearer the time I guess. 

On 4/26/2019 at 1:40 PM, Ducky89 said:

I saw Rudimental DJ in there with the trumpeter playing along to the records. A sort of hybrid between a DJ set & live set

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

I saw Rudimental DJ in there with the trumpeter playing along to the records. A sort of hybrid between a DJ set & live set

Yeah, they did a takeover - so was def a DJ set. Plugging a trumpet in is a far cry from setting up a full band!

Or they could load Al Doyle up with a drum on his back, etc one-man-band style and he could do the whole thing on his own!

Edited by Homer

• 3 weeks later...

just realised the new Hot Chip album is out 5 days before the festival starts:

https://roughtrade.com/gb/music/hot-chip-a-bath-full-of-ecstasy?channable=a18781.MjQ4MTY2&gclid=Cj0KCQjwoInnBRDDARIsANBVyATf4XjgS8oB1HQ5fCOAJsnk7QiciJMoFJlKn9qRn5tT8YYVWnTZ5_gaApZ_EALw_wcB

I kind of like getting to no songs before seeing them live. Has it leaked anywhere/is it likely to leak before official release date?

Don't normally bother trying to get leaks of albums before they are out so have no idea where to look.

14 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

I kind of like getting to no songs before seeing them live. Has it leaked anywhere/is it likely to leak before official release date?

It's rare for albums to leak this far in advance. It's pretty common for them to leak in the week leading up to the release though; maybe by the Monday/Tuesday that week there's a decent chance it'll be available. Keep an eye on here and the new music thread as I'm sure someone will mention it if it does.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

https://roughtrade.com/gb/music/hot-chip-a-bath-full-of-ecstasy?channable=a18781.MjQ4MTY2&gclid=Cj0KCQjwoInnBRDDARIsANBVyATf4XjgS8oB1HQ5fCOAJsnk7QiciJMoFJlKn9qRn5tT8YYVWnTZ5_gaApZ_EALw_wcB

Don't normally bother trying to get leaks of albums before they are out so have no idea where to look.

You know the album is going to be amazing. You will absolutely hammer it upon release and 5 days is plenty to become au fait with it ?

1 hour ago, found home in 2009 said:

I know it's not the same but there are high quality live versions of the ones they're likely going to play on YouTube from recent gigs, including one or two that were live streamed.

2 hours ago, The Martini Police said:

I know it's not the same but there are high quality live versions of the ones they're likely going to play on YouTube from recent gigs, including one or two that were live streamed.

That's a good shout. Looking at setlist.fm can only see Spell, Hungry Child and Melody of Love as new songs. Hungry Child is already on spotify (and is a tune). Found Spell and Melody of Love live on youtube. On first listen they don't do much for me, but hopefully they are growers