Hot Chip

suzie sue

15 minutes ago, rjb94 said:

Bit late to the party here but the new drummer is Leo Taylor, who's played on some of their albums and also plays in The Invisible and Floating Points' live band. Top drummer but definitely has a different style to Sarah.

Can't wait for Sat night on the Park, though worried about this potential Jon Hopkins clash. Is he gonna be on John Peel or something?

That's the current thinking, I believe.

I’m not the biggest Hot Chip fan and I only really booked the Trinity tickets because it’s so close to my house, but I thought they were great last night. It’ll be a tough clash to not see them at Glasto.

I am a huge Beastie Boys fan though, and for me the Sabotage cover was great. If you don’t like the song though I can imagine it’s a bit odd for them to throw in...

I also went to the trinity gig. Absolutely amazing. So glad i caught them at such a small venue. Bit blurry at times due to going for a massive night out at motion the night before, not sleeping, then going back out for hot chip. Feels a bit like the monday after Glastonbury today ?

16 hours ago, aidenlangan95 said:

This was the song that played in the venue after hot chip finished last night in Bristol. 

https://open.spotify.com/track/5vENdsWnbqEBK54OowpBlR?si=lf_mrqnmTNqAg6D3XuJPhA

Also played just before LCD Soundsystem came on stage at Glaston 2016!

The new stuff sounds a lot housier compared to the early electro pop type stuff. Think the last album was a bit of a bridge between the pop stuff and a more sophisticated style. Would prefer stuff more similar to Hungry Child and Need You Now, rather than Ready For The Floor kind of pop.

22 hours ago, aidenlangan95 said:

This was the song that played in the venue after hot chip finished last night in Bristol. 

https://open.spotify.com/track/5vENdsWnbqEBK54OowpBlR?si=lf_mrqnmTNqAg6D3XuJPhA

That was LCD Soundsystem's intro tune when they played Glastonbury in 2016.

And an absolute classic. 

Edit - should read to the end before posting! :D

Edited by fatyeti24

My frame of reference for the Park is either day time acts that have been a bit quieter or special guests when it’s been rammed. I’ve never caught a headliner there (well, Philip Glass was a bit different) and i’m curios...

The size of the Park is limited by stage and sound rather than space (plenty up the hill) right? Wondering if/ hoping it will have a bit bigger setup (for HC or generally)? 

Failing that I’m thinking it will be one to get in the hot and weary mix for...

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I've always found sound bleed to be an issue in the Park. You can hear the other tents in the field when at the back of the stage crowd. 

Found that when I saw Jamie xx headline the park in 2016? Fine once I moved forward but at the back the sound just gets lost. Hope the sounds one of the upgrades to the park this year.

On 4/9/2019 at 9:50 AM, ghostdancer1 said:

Every shade of Awesome.. etc.

Saw them in Bristol and we got the best set list I think?

It has to be said though, tight as they are still, with this drummer it is one millisecond behind, with Sarah Jones they are on top of that rhythm by an overtly noticeable thump. Bring her back, please!

2 hours ago, The Martini Police said:

The as-yet-unannounced London gig on the tour is at Ally Pally. Don't know the date but should be a nice weekend gig on the 25th or 26th looking at their dates.

Thanks for the info! (Out of up votes)

I just forked out for APE tickets this week because of Clashmageddon. I could have just been patient and done this instead as it was obvious they were going to add a London date but ??‍♀️. Maybe I’ll do both (and probably end up seeing them at Glasto anyway ?). You can’t have too much Hot Chip in your life. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Thanks for the info! (Out of up votes)

I just forked out for APE tickets this week because of Clashmageddon. I could have just been patient and done this instead as it was obvious they were going to add a London date but ??‍♀️. Maybe I’ll do both (and probably end up seeing them at Glasto anyway ?). You can’t have too much Hot Chip in your life. 

I am the same. Just seen them at gorilla, booked for Bluedot, will see them at Glasto if I get a ticket and now just booked to go see them in Amsterdam this December. Probably be another Manchester date as well.

• Upvote 1