Hot Chip

suzie sue

1 minute ago, uscore said:

did you just disagree with yourself in two sentences?

Will not be the first time I have done it ??

Usually 1st dates are not a very enjoyable experience. After turning up to this one half cut, we both had a ball ?

Watched 6music set and really missed Sarah. I met her in 2012 and thought she brought some ZING to the drums. Also it’s rather a sausage fest band without her. 

New bloke was OK but not enough character. Yet.

Another thought I had is that I all the old songs, each member seems to turn up the phaser / noise / wierd knob whenever they feel like it, thus occasionally removing more of the song than necessary - especially if they ALL do it in the same song. Slightly annoying for me as a long term fan and I wonder if a new fan thinks “what is going on here?”  

Cant wait to see them on The Park as that’s where I work, however I normally work the Saturday dusk till dawn shift when they’re on...... so I may just need to start smoking as ask for a 90 minute fag break!!!  Can you get addicted in 3 months?

Edited by ian the worm

3 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

The other end of this stick tho, is it can be a pain to those who travel for gigs. Currently I can go to a gig in Leeds or Liverpool and not have to take the afternoon off, that wouldn't be so if gigs were earlier. Also, spare a thought for the citizens of fair Huddersfield, Clitheroe, Wigan, Buxton, Lancaster, Skelmersdale, Burnley, Halifax, Todmorden, St Helen's, all those sorts of places where life is barely worth living, those cats gotta travel to see anything at all.

As a resident of Lancaster I can indeed vouch that getting back home from any gig anywhere is either an entirely sober venture or a total arse ache. 

4 hours ago, The Martini Police said:

Hearing that the first single (Hungry Child) is out tomorrow and the album in June (don’t know the date). Haven’t been following closely but I think this is news. 

Could be - Shaun Keaveny has Hot Chip news at 1pm tomorrow