Hot Chip

suzie sue

6 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Alright someone just brought up Hot Chip completely unprompted to me on Tinder this is a sign from God that I was wrong about them.

Screenshot_20181108-001142_Tinder.jpg

Good call. If they have shit taste in music why bother? I'm gunna start making this my 2nd question (#1 is if they believe in aliens. You find out a lot about a person based on their extraterrestrial stance). 

17 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Good call. If they have shit taste in music why bother? I'm gunna start making this my 2nd question (#1 is if they believe in aliens. You find out a lot about a person based on their extraterrestrial stance). 

I've got to ask now: do you want them to say yes or no?

1 hour ago, MetaKate said:

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I dunno about you, but I always feel vaguely let down when someone says they believe in aliens but qualify it with the boring stance about how 'there must be intelligent life out there somewhere', as opposed to 'yes...and they walk among us...'

3 hours ago, MetaKate said:

Worst is when someone asks you what music you like and they have awful music on their profile, so you're tryna think of things you like that are somewhat like what they like.

Was confused with this person, though. She messaged me saying "oh you like mitski's be the cowboy best album of the year". Mitski isn't even in my top Spotify artists on there, nevermind her somehow knowing that I like that album specifically. All I can think is she knows I'm Gucci Piggy and read my AOTY list on here. Maybe she is dentalplan.

7 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Worst is when someone asks you what music you like and they have awful music on their profile, so you're tryna think of things you like that are somewhat like what they like.

Was confused with this person, though. She messaged me saying "oh you like mitski's be the cowboy best album of the year". Mitski isn't even in my top Spotify artists on there, nevermind her somehow knowing that I like that album specifically. All I can think is she knows I'm Gucci Piggy and read my AOTY list on here. Maybe she is dentalplan.

I'd assume that everyone on Tinder is Couchy, just to be on the safe side.

2 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Well the correct answer is obviously yes. But its not about the answer, its about the approach to the unknown. I had 1 guy tell me I was an idiot if I thought the government wouldn't tell us about the aliens ? 

I just want someone I can joke around with about any number of ridiculous topics. 

1 hour ago, Woffy said:

I dunno about you, but I always feel vaguely let down when someone says they believe in aliens but qualify it with the boring stance about how 'there must be intelligent life out there somewhere', as opposed to 'yes...and they walk among us...'

Agreed. Some people genuinely havent thought about it and thats fine, but anyone with a generic answer is bound to be boring. 

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

If thats the case she's clearly in love and I'd go for it!

My recent ex had better taste in music than me, and it was amazing, I love being shown new music. 

The guy before that loved Bastille. He thought Bastille wrote "No scrubs". He was so tall though. 

I find it bizarre that people feel that acts have to play different stages each time, even more so for a band like Hot Chip who have pretty much plataeued out in terms of size. I'm sure they'd rather play a headline length set in the dark on WH or in the JPT than play an hour in the light on the Other Stage. They're at the festival every year as punters it seems so they know what will be a better fit for them.

7 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

He believed everything I told him. The only things he knew were things I told him...  I'm pretty sure he WAS an alien. 

He liked Bastille. The only things he knew were things you told him. Ergo: you told him Bastille were good.

You twisted Machiavellian sicko!!!

B)

21 minutes ago, Woffy said:

I'd assume that everyone on Tinder is Couchy, just to be on the safe side.

Damn I just started using it again properly and set up a few meets. Best cancel them all now.

19 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Well the correct answer is obviously yes. But its not about the answer, its about the approach to the unknown. I had 1 guy tell me I was an idiot if I thought the government wouldn't tell us about the aliens ? 

I just want someone I can joke around with about any number of ridiculous topics. 

Agreed. Some people genuinely havent thought about it and thats fine, but anyone with a generic answer is bound to be boring. 

If thats the case she's clearly in love and I'd go for it!

My recent ex had better taste in music than me, and it was amazing, I love being shown new music. 

The guy before that loved Bastille. He thought Bastille wrote "No scrubs". He was so tall though. 

She's Spanish and we're now going to see Suspiria when it comes out so it's lit. Unless she's Couchy and I get a surprise when I go to grab some popcorn. Then it isn't lit.

32 minutes ago, Woffy said:

He liked Bastille. The only things he knew were things you told him. Ergo: you told him Bastille were good.

You twisted Machiavellian sicko!!!

B)

?  the logic is there... although he had an ipod full of songs when we met. Enya, Bastille, Calvin Harris and the Safety Dance, which was his favorite song. Ironically he was a horrible dancer and never danced. Even when it was safe. I once asked him if it was his favorite song because he didnt feel safe to dance and dreamt of being free like the men without hats.

He told me he had never thought about it.

Edited by MetaKate

8 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

?  the logic is there... although he had an ipod full of songs when we met. Enya, Bastille, Calvin Harris and the Safety Dance, which was his favorite song. Ironically he was a horrible dancer and never danced. Even when it was safe. I once asked him if it was his favorite song because he didnt feel safe to dance and dreamt of being free like the men in hats.

He told me he had never thought about it.

I had a quick look on YouTube at the video.

And the first / most recent comment is:

"This is how Game of Thrones should end"

I'm still lolling in my office now!

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Maybe she is dentalplan.

Was gonna make a joke about liking Hot Chip in Spanish, but ‘chip’ is kinda the same word as ‘dad’, so if you translated it it’d just say, like, ‘I like Hot Dad’, and I don’t know how one should react to that. So I just wrote this instead.

• 3 months later...
21 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Anyone else get this today? Took me by surprise! So up for it but imagine a bit of a scrum for tickets....

Screenshot_20190226-074030_Gmail.jpg

Screenshot_20190226-074018_Gmail.jpg

Cheers for the heads up. Probably would’ve missed this as I assumed the presale would be tomorrow/Thursday.

Completely skint at the moment so could really do without this and Foals... but eh, fuck it

29 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Cheers for the heads up. Probably would’ve missed this as I assumed the presale would be tomorrow/Thursday.

Completely skint at the moment so could really do without this and Foals... but eh, fuck it

Presale is today at 0900. Anyone want a code? 

Although looking at the code, it may well be generic

Edited by hurdy
Error