Hot Chip

suzie sue

1 hour ago, jackarmy said:

Haven't Hot Chip already done John Peel Headline as well, in like 2007? 

I'd say it's probably time for them to head back to the Other Stage as a sub, they've done that a few times as well. Bound to draw a decent enough crowd away from whoever's on at the Pyramid at the same time.

It is a bit bigger now though.

They have enough interest on here to have generated 4 pages of their own thread..... I don't see a Sigur Ros thread*..

*waits expectantly for someone to prove me wrong and bump the 12 page SR thread from 2008... (which was when they headlined Latitude btw - alongside Franz Ferdinand and Interpol- not a vintage year tbf..)

12 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

They have enough interest on here to have generated 4 pages of their own thread..... I don't see a Sigur Ros thread*..

*waits expectantly for someone to prove me wrong and bump the 12 page SR thread from 2008... (which was when they headlined Latitude btw - alongside Franz Ferdinand and Interpol- not a vintage year tbf..)

Oi! That Latitude was bloody brilliant! Elbow subbed SR with the sun setting when they were still...erm...good! And then SR’s set was stellar. I know that Latitude has become increasingly safe over the years, but that was a great weekend!!

Ben

3 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

I’m just going to give another thumbs up for Hot Chip then if we’re gonna go head to head with SR #teamhotchip.

They subbed the Other Stage in 08 and 10 so not sure where that leaves them. JP headliner probably. I’d take any slot.

2015 was one of my fav ever Glasto sets.

4 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Oi! That Latitude was bloody brilliant! Elbow subbed SR with the sun setting when they were still...erm...good! And then SR’s set was stellar. I know that Latitude has become increasingly safe over the years, but that was a great weekend!!

Ben

I didn't say they weren't any good...

Just that Hot Chip headlining Latitude in 2019 will be a bigger deal than Sigur Ros headlining in 2008..

1 minute ago, BlueDaze said:

I didn't say they weren't any good...

Just that Hot Chip headlining Latitude in 2019 will be a bigger deal than Sigur Ros headlining in 2008..

Gotcha. 

:)

Actually, I’m not sure you’re right. Having been to Latitude a few times, I’m not sure they’re nearly as much of a Hot Chip crowd as Glastonbury is...

Hot Chip definitely have this relationship with the Farm that, like them though I do, seems to allow them to punch above the weight category they’re in outside of Worthy...

Ben

11 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I fucking love Hot Chip. I didn't make it to the festival in 2015, but saw them on the same tour in Manchester and they were absolutely on fire.

Yeah, well I fucking love Hot Chip and so does my wife.. (hang on, that's Life of Brian isn't it..??)

I have seen them half a dozen times and they never fail to deliver. They are like the postman... but reliable*

* waits expectantly to be lambasted by postmen** that fucking love Sigur Ros..

**actually they should all be in bed. I can watch the abuse come when I get up for the cricket.

4 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Gotcha. 

Actually, I’m not sure you’re right. Having been to Latitude a few times, I’m not sure they’re nearly as much of a Hot Chip crowd as Glastonbury is...

Hot Chip definitely have this relationship with the Farm that, like them though I do, seems to allow them to punch above the weight category they’re in outside of Worthy...

Ben

and they were only subs....

• Like 1

Definitely think they could be given an early Pyramid slot (3rd would be the absolute highest they could potentially play).

Saw them sub Latitude in 2013 before Kraftwerk and only knew Over and Over at the time; they absolutely killed it and got everyone on board by the end of the set.

I've seen them a couple of times since including as a sub at OnBlackheath and they have been amazing every time. Can't wait for them to see them if they end up playing but would love for them to get the Pyramid stage dancing!

Edited by aidenlangan95

The co-headline show in Manchester with LCD in 2010, Latitude in 2013, Gorilla, Glastonbury, Green Man and Albert Hall in 2015, they fucked slayed it every single time. I can think of very few other bands who manage to be so remarkable every time... I even saw LCD gigs that didn't meet the usual watermark before they broke up, but never with Hot Chip.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

The co-headline show in Manchester with LCD in 2010, Latitude in 2013, Gorilla, Glastonbury, Green Man and Albert Hall in 2015, they fucked slayed it every single time. I can think of very few other bands who manage to be so remarkable every time... I even saw LCD gigs that didn't meet the usual watermark before they broke up, but never with Hot Chip.

I wasn't that impressed with the Apollo show in 2010, but Gorilla was incredible.

34 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Agreed 

2 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Gotcha. 

I would agree with this, and was in the latitude crowd when they subbed (and nailed it) to a respectable crowd. On a largely indie, folk, pop line-up they have some but limited mainstream fame/success. At all points east, playing to a Chems crowd, they are above Primal Scream who subbed Glastonbury not that long ago.

They are a rare live dance act who play large stages. They could headline JP but I wouldn’t be surprised by other sub or back headlining West Holts either.

i’ll probably Be there whenever wherever.