Hot Chip

suzie sue

John Peel headline in the new larger tent definitely not out of the question, given they'd be up against a load of other headliners across the site that will distribute the crowd. They are well known but I wouldnt say they are big per se. They are basically still UK academy tour sized apart from maybe in london.

That or 2nd from the top on the other, ideally supporting the dust brothers just like APE.

If they end up struggling for an other headliner i think they could do an LCD

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

They're certainly not as big as LCD Soundsystem, though, are they? Especially as LCD were on a reunion. Hot Chip wouldn't headline stuff like APE or the second stage at TITP if it still existed.

Pyramid sub shouts are pure lunacy, too.

In all fairness LCD had about 200 people there for their TITP set.

I'd say they're no bigger than Sigur Ros who packed out the JPT, if they're gonna move from West Holts that's the obvious place for them I reckon.

2 minutes ago, suzie sue said:

Yes maybe as they are not likely to be primadonnas about their slot then a lower one is likely. I saw three of them playing in the rabbit hole to about 10 people in 2014, one of which was a member of hot chip too, was an ace gig

Photographic RH evidence...A90ED3D6-3C87-4B3F-9A98-C9DF541E4D8C.thumb.jpeg.4bf3c8396da8acf6934caaec799c6d16.jpeg

2 hours ago, kingbadger said:

In all fairness LCD had about 200 people there for their TITP set.

I'd say they're no bigger than Sigur Ros who packed out the JPT, if they're gonna move from West Holts that's the obvious place for them I reckon.

Judging by my new favourite rough metric of "bigness", Hot Chip have 1,23,1200 monthly Spotify listeners, whereas Sigur Rós only have 936,123.

So basically the same kind of size.

Haven't Hot Chip already done John Peel Headline as well, in like 2007? 

I'd say it's probably time for them to head back to the Other Stage as a sub, they've done that a few times as well. Bound to draw a decent enough crowd away from whoever's on at the Pyramid at the same time.