The best trolley

Tomothy123

42 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

The best trolley is a bicycle trailer .... plus bike takes the weight off the arms and back might take a couple of quicker trips to the carpark but well worth it in my opinion ... both can be stored in the lockups during the festival 

I thought bike trailers were quite a bit pricier than the garden trolleys but see there are some comparably priced ones out there... Although they seem a fair bit smaller in cargo capacity. I like the idea of the bigger wheels, must be a lot easier to move, although I'm not sure I'd bring any of my bikes to the festival...! 🙂

How much can you fit into yours? For me it would need to fit a coolbox 70cm L x 38cm W with room for some other bits & pieces around the sides. A lot of the smaller trolleys are too small...

16 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

I thought bike trailers were quite a bit pricier than the garden trolleys but see there are some comparably priced ones out there... Although they seem a fair bit smaller in cargo capacity. I like the idea of the bigger wheels, must be a lot easier to move, although I'm not sure I'd bring any of my bikes to the festival...! 🙂

How much can you fit into yours? For me it would need to fit a coolbox 70cm L x 38cm W with room for some other bits & pieces around the sides. A lot of the smaller trolleys are too small...

This is an ERDE trailer ...  plenty of room  for a cool box 

P1020190.JPG

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

If you need a trolley you're bringing too much

Yeah, guilty as charged. 🙃 But like I said, I've tried packing light and just can't do it - by this point I've just resigned myself to hauling a ton of gear on & offsite...

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

P1020190.JPG

That looks ideal but doesn't seem like they make it any more and can't find anything comparable... 🙁 Will keep looking!

4 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Yeah, guilty as charged. 🙃 But like I said, I've tried packing light and just can't do it - by this point I've just resigned myself to hauling a ton of gear on & offsite...

That looks ideal but doesn't seem like they make it any more and can't find anything comparable... 🙁 Will keep looking!

this looks similar with a quick search .... 

https://www.viking-direct.co.uk/en/outsunny-storage-trailer-black-715-x-770-mm-p-1214732?customerType=consumer&?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=surface_google&cm_mmc=Google-_-PLA_GEN_2_Furniture-Facilities-Categories_GOSC-_-Furniture+%26+Facilities-_-1214732&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIy-GB69iE9gIVDu3tCh3LrQ2PEAQYBCABEgJILPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

P1020190.JPG

Where do you get the Brothers festival cider from? I've heard of it before but never seen it anyway - also they allow the crate wrapping in right its just single use bottles banned?

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

Where do you get the Brothers festival cider from? I've heard of it before but never seen it anyway - also they allow the crate wrapping in right its just single use bottles banned?

thats an  old photo unfortunately 2011 ish  😞 ..... yeah im sure the plastic wrap willl get through checks 

Edited by crazyfool1

4 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Kind of my feeling - cant believe what some people bring in - its a festival; you're not moving house ffs.

Yes, yes!!!! FFS.

If you can't carry it on your back leave it at home. I despair at the uselessness of the human species at festivals.  Backpack, day sack, 2 litres of Aldi Cognac and a stack of cash.  

If it goes in … it comes out … I need to take some medical stuff in … and can’t carry stuff on my back … ok maybe I don’t need a pyramid hat but it harms no one .. might even make the odd person smile … that for me makes it worth it … if  someone wants a bit of comfort I don’t really see any harm 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

Yes, yes!!!! FFS.

If you can't carry it on your back leave it at home. I despair at the uselessness of the human species at festivals.  Backpack, day sack, 2 litres of Aldi Cognac and a stack of cash.  

What about those of us who don’t do spirits? I need to bring in at least 40 lagers. 

32 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

Yes, yes!!!! FFS.

I bring in spirits now mostly which is low volume, high hit and doesn't require a trailer to get it all in... I still like a beer too but wtf, the site has Brothers and a hundred other places to get a top up pint. Frankly if you're committed to spending the cash going there you can saddle the slightly higher on site beer cost.

Yep same. Perhaps not so much at Glastonbury but it breaks my heart to see some of the smaller festivals struggling to keep going especially post pandemic.  One we have a strong bond with uses the bar spend to fund the following years band booking and early cash outlay.  So why do folk take 6 dozen cans and spend a fiver on cheesy chips?

Anyway, I don't have anything to say in the positive about trolleys so will shut up

7 hours ago, jimmillen said:

Solid rubber tires > inflated tires 

Take spare split pins 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

If it goes in … it comes out … I need to take some medical stuff in … and can’t carry stuff on my back … ok maybe I don’t need a pyramid hat but it harms no one .. might even make the odd person smile … that for me makes it worth it … if  someone wants a bit of comfort I don’t really see any harm 

Apologies mate. Had a bad day yesterday. Tired and emotional. I admit i am a bit irrational. Suitcases with wheels are banned from this house. It's a near obsession held about self sustainable living.  I take a backpack (small) on a two week holiday. 

If I cant carry it comfortably walking for a few miles it stays at home.

3 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

Apologies mate. Had a bad day yesterday. Tired and emotional. I admit i am a bit irrational. Suitcases with wheels are banned from this house. It's a near obsession held about self sustainable living.  I take a backpack (small) on a two week holiday. 

If I cant carry it comfortably walking for a few miles it stays at home.

And I openly admit I probably take a little too much … it’s all good …. This year I’m making some outfit changes so I cut down on the ridiculous numbers of battery packs I take … think I could power the national grid … I’d like to take less food too but I need to know carb content of food …  a bit of a bloody pain 😀

It's horses for courses and we all have different agenda's.

One thing I am stupidly a bit proud of. My 2 litre plastic bottle that holds the brandy is the same one from 2016 and has been to Worthy Farm 3 times. Just don't tell anyone it's plastic. I hide it in rucksack.

21 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

Suitcases with wheels are banned from this house. It's a near obsession held about self sustainable living.

I've long since decided that when I become word dictator, any luggage with wheels on it will be banned outright.

Though admittedly my motives are far less pure than yours, I'm just fed up with dealing with navigating train stations and airports when every fucker has something trailing behind them.

2 minutes ago, incident said:

I've long since decided that when I become word dictator, any luggage with wheels on it will be banned outright.

Though admittedly my motives are far less pure than yours, I'm just fed up with dealing with navigating train stations and airports when every fucker has something trailing behind them.

*adds wing mirrors to my bike .... 

That is also right up there mate!

Ten years ago they were the preserve of cabin crew and Russian oligarchy plastic mistresses. Now... OMG! Can we not carry anything ever as a species?

It also encourages people to take pure shite wherever they go. Have you seen some of the stats on the cost of flying heavily loaded planes carbon wise?

I would absolutely love an airline to introduce some sort of restrictions. I don't know, maybe 7kg per person. Rigidly enforced. Soft bags on the back. It's not difficult

12 hours ago, Pinhead said:

I bring in spirits now mostly which is low volume, high hit and doesn't require a trailer to get it all in... I still like a beer too but wtf, the site has Brothers and a hundred other places to get a top up pint. Frankly if you're committed to spending the cash going there you can saddle the slightly higher on site beer cost.

40 top up pints is upwards of £200. Thats almost the ticket price vs spending £40 on 10 crates at the supermarket. Its a pretty big difference - and the fact you can bring that much in and drink it everywhere is something to take advantage of given you can do it at very few other festivals 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

40 top up pints is upwards of £200. Thats almost the ticket price vs spending £40 on 10 crates at the supermarket. Its a pretty big difference - and the fact you can bring that much in and drink it everywhere is something to take advantage of given you can do it at very few other festivals 

More than happy to spend that. It's a week for me and spends is between 400 and 500 for week. Save a bit each month into a festival fund.

I want to drink the farm ciders and the local ale's.

How about a trade off then? Will you take every can you finish home with you?

I'm not trying to cause a row but how far does leave no trace go? Leaving your empties at Worthy Farm is massively leaving a trace. The refuse centre is mind boggling

Reduce, reuse, recycle is the hierarchy.. recycle is the last resort