*****Paul McCartney*****

mike99

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

it seems pretty clear from that they've been talking to macca (or his people).

So I'm wondering again if he was in the frame for this year until something changed, and the info I had was right (at the time).

To be fair I guess when they talk to the huge acts like Paul they might well offer a couple of different dates? It’s not exactly like Stormzy or someone where you’re trying to catch them as they’re ‘hot’.

Sounds from all the info that they both ultimately decided next year makes more sense with his schedule and possibly the prestige of the anniversary. 

55 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

To be fair I guess when they talk to the huge acts like Paul they might well offer a couple of different dates? It’s not exactly like Stormzy or someone where you’re trying to catch them as they’re ‘hot’.

Sounds from all the info that they both ultimately decided next year makes more sense with his schedule and possibly the prestige of the anniversary. 

More catch them when they're alive?

fantastic news, something to look forward to for the 50th...which will be my 10th personally (presuming I get a ticket!) 

that whole "Noel's playing next year" thing too, and Noel G mentioning about "i'd probably be billed 4th" seems like he could be on before him too 

speaking of Macca subs, there's a band from Chicago who were Macca's sub at his Bonnarroo US headline show a few years back...haven't played Worthy Farm since Macca last played & they'll be free late June 2020 as well (but likely not in 2021) - book them too 

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

it seems pretty clear from that they've been talking to macca (or his people).

So I'm wondering again if he was in the frame for this year until something changed, and the info I had was right (at the time).

It’s ok not to be right all the time, honestly.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, jyoung said:

Yeah it does seem quite clear they want him and have most likely asked. Him and Arctic Monkeys for two of them I definitely think. I think they'll really try not to have 3 male based headline acts again this year and be pushing very heavily in FM's direction.

Still going for Coldplay but in a slot as one of the extra big additions lower down and Elton for the Legend.

TBF I thought he was surely living on borrowed time (as a performer) when he last appeared- but I think he did a fine job. It's insane to think he might pull it off again at that age. I hope he does.

49 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

We’ve been here before with Michael. Someone smarter than me will post the Sunday of which mid-2000’s festival he prematurely said U2 were in the bag. Thinking 2005.

Yeah, he said it in 2004, regarding the 2005 festival. I posted what I knew of that specific situation a month or two ago, but from his perspective at the time he was right - just going to prove that nothing is nailed on until there's a formal contract in place.

18 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

do you Think Emily saw that and just sat there with her head in her hands, then started looking for local Care homes?

The former at an absolute minimum. Proper “WE’VE DISCUSSED THIS DAD!” moment.

3 minutes ago, Fork_UK said:

the will-he/won't-he, every year.  

uh? :blink:

There's no "every year".

There were (last September-ish time) some extremely-well sourced rumours - from the mouth of a major promoter - that Macca would be playing this year.

(the same geezer said that The Cure were playing, and that Madge wasn't - and both seemed unlikely at the time).

Edited by eFestivals

21 minutes ago, Fork_UK said:

I swear I must be missing something about Macca.  I mean, he's alright I suppose, but I don't get the hysteria around the will-he/won't-he, every year.  

Hasn't been every year, we have not reached Prince style hysteria yet. 

Plus he's a Beatle who still tours, kind of speaks for itself.