*****Paul McCartney*****

mike99

First time seeing Macca tonight at the O2. He was outstanding, a great setlist and a fabulous band. His vocals sounded excellent to me.

A man with that songbook, and that charm...it would be my favourite night at the Pyramid ever (well, maybe equal with REM, Radiohead and Bowie). I do hope he joins the party for 2019. 

8 hours ago, Robofish said:

First time seeing Macca tonight at the O2. He was outstanding, a great setlist and a fabulous band. His vocals sounded excellent to me.

A man with that songbook, and that charm...it would be my favourite night at the Pyramid ever (well, maybe equal with REM, Radiohead and Bowie). I do hope he joins the party for 2019. 

Who did you see in 04?

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I wonder what Ringo was saying?

The only person in the world for whom this can be deduced from a single frame

Great gig. I thought I might have heard the word 'Glastonbury' in the thanks at the end but probably wishful thinking.

Saw Ringo and Ronnie at the start and was sat next to Richard Curtis, Geri Halliwell, David Walliams, Emma Thompson, Stella McCartney and Stephen Fry. Seemed like a real who's who

Voice on top form and would be fine for Glasto on a warm day :)

Edited by UEF

21 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Said 8 year old (currently 7) also has birthday on NYE! Meant to be, innit Wophster.

The universe certainly seems to be inferring as much. 

In other news:

I’m still intrigued and want to hear more about @stuartbert two hats ‘complicated’ theory / forumula thing that demonstrates Macca’s ‘one third’ contribution to the Beatles.

Lets have it, Hat Man. 

9 hours ago, Robofish said:

when he played in 04 he was more smarm than charm very disingenuous 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Missed McCartney in 04 as my mate refused to go, so we saw Ocean Colour Scene instead - who were good - but can’t miss Macca again, then I’ve seen at least one Beatle.

I never criticise other people's choices and staunchly believe people should enjoy the festival however they see fit, but missing Macca to see Ocean Colour Scene???

Christ.

• Upvote 2