*****Paul McCartney*****

mike99

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Is it just me that's not interested in Macca? While all the sheeple and lamestreamers are camped out all day in front of the Pyramid scared of anything that challenges them, I'll be going hardcore with all the other mavericks watching The Prodigy doing Smack My Bitch Up on the Other Stage.

Earning cool dude points of course!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

The inevitable shitposting on ‘ere straight after Macca is gonna be mint. Saw him Wednesday night and loved it, but he’s unable to hold some of the chewns.

The guy's 76 and he's still doing 40 (or thereabouts) songs a night. Phenomenal. Ok, his voice isn't what it was, but the same can be said about most performers as they get on. The bottom line is that it'll be the last time these songs will be played at Glasto by a Beatle. An event.

8 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Hang on. Paul McCartney isn't actually good, but he's "good for his age". Is that what we're saying now?

He is, now, yeh, but taken overall, he's a legend, he's one of the originals, he co-wrote (with Lennon) the book on popular music

(welllll, there might be one or two other names in there, but Macca's is definitely on the front page, writ large)

People often ask whats my favorite gig. I can never answer its usually 1 song that sets me off in a set or  just a moment that sets it apart. 1.50 onwards here is one of my best ever gig moments with the crowd kicking in with the backing vocals, hoping for something to similar to happen at Glastonbury

Real mixed emotions coming out about Macca. This is gonna be a real difficult clash decision.

I dreamt I was at a Hot Chip gig last night, it was brilliant. Plus I was in charge of looking after their dog during the show (he was called Huarache). I doubt I’d ever dream about being at a Macca gig, so there is that. 

12 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Real mixed emotions coming out about Macca. This is gonna be a real difficult clash decision.

I dreamt I was at a Hot Chip gig last night, it was brilliant. Plus I was in charge of looking after their dog during the show (he was called Huarache). I doubt I’d ever dream about being at a Macca gig, so there is that. 

I had a dream last night that you were at Macca’s G2019 set and were having an absolute blast. Every time @Wooderson - who was nearby - commented that the set list wasn’t quite as strong as 2004 you rebuked him and said that it was better than any setlist the HChippers could offer.

Edited by Woffy
Crazy autocorrect
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Ill be at Macca, like 100k others next June. With an 8 year old on my shoulders throughout. Both singing our hearts out.

I’ve done a volte-face. 

This post was the trigger / catalyst / final straw. 

Last night mini-est Woffling (3 on NYE), Mrs Woffy and I were dancing round the house to the Beatles. Little un loved it. 

Done deal now. 

Edit: Mini Woffy is coming with us to the farm next June.

Edited by Woffy
Added a bit...
  • Upvote 1