*****Paul McCartney*****

mike99

15 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

What a set that was...

I was concerned as to the track mixture before the start but it was a fair old list so I don't think anyone was disappointed.

of course by Sods law it started raining on the Saturday but it was not a complete disaster

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Live and Let Die will also be a moment.

I hate ALL the bond songs, including that! I don't get why they're so highly regarded-- I remember working in a shop where they had the bond songs compilation CD on a continuous loop, it was the worst day of my life! 

Just now, Mr.Tease said:

I hate ALL the bond songs, including that! I don't get why they're so highly regarded-- I remember working in a shop where they had the bond songs compilation CD on a continuous loop, it was the worst day of my life! 

That was a pretty short-lived job

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That set list has weird sequencing. So many of the songs nobody cares about early on. He eventually goes all in on Beatles (+Bond) numbers, but we had to suffer through Jet, Flaming Pie, Let Me Roll It, In Spite of All the Danger early on.

I was bored.

Suffer through Jet and Let Me Roll It? Suffer? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, glasto-worker said:

Trust me I tend to miss most acts at glasto but I was not going to miss him so was able to fix the shift and saw the whole thing.

set list from 2004 -

Jet
Got to Get You Into My Life
Flaming Pie
All My Loving
Let Me Roll It
She's a Woman
Maybe I'm Amazed
The Long and Winding Road
In Spite of All the Danger
Blackbird
We Can Work It Out
Here Today
All Things Must Pass
Yellow Submarine
I'll Follow the Sun
Calico Skies
Eleanor Rigby
Drive My Car
Penny Lane
Get Back
Band on the Run
Back in the U.S.S.R.
Live and Let Die
I've Got a Feeling
Lady Madonna
Hey Jude

Encore:
Yesterday
Follow Me
Let It Be
I Saw Her Standing There

Encore 2:
Helter Skelter
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)
The End

https://youtu.be/2U_uWPSFja8

Yep. My wife and I were there for this. Fantastic set 

20 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That set list has weird sequencing. So many of the songs nobody cares about early on. He eventually goes all in on Beatles (+Bond) numbers, but we had to suffer through Jet, Flaming Pie, Let Me Roll It, In Spite of All the Danger early on.

I was bored.

BBC live only started at the start if Live and Let Die. 

1 hour ago, Woffy said:

I’m genuinely struggling with the Macca thing. 

I feel like I’m almost obligated to see him.

And I’m not sure how I feel about that. 

(I’m aware this is a completely spoilt / wonderful problem to have, btw)

I don't like his wings stuff or most of his beatles songs. In 2004 I was going to see him out of imaginary obligation, but couldn't hack it (think I arrived late and it was that song about letting someone drive his car that finished me off) so went off to see Toots on jazz world instead. 

Trust your gut! If you're heart isn't in something you won't enjoy it

Edited by Mr.Tease
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Woffy said:

I’m genuinely struggling with the Macca thing. 

I feel like I’m almost obligated to see him.

And I’m not sure how I feel about that. 

(I’m aware this is a completely spoilt / wonderful problem to have, btw)

I feel exactly that <_<

38 minutes ago, Kizzie said:

I might :ph34r:

I get the dialemma. How about me not bothering to see James Brown and Johnny Cash? I don't mean to suggest that Macca is going to cark it on the first of July.. but you may live to regret. I'm not sure how it would feel from back at the tree distance. Last time I was quite close and it was awesome. He literally is a living legend- it's undeniable. Personally I love all the tunes and will be there for the music first and foremost. The atmos will be great though.

54 minutes ago, Boris said:

I get the dialemma. How about me not bothering to see James Brown and Johnny Cash? I don't mean to suggest that Macca is going to cark it on the first of July.. but you may live to regret. I'm not sure how it would feel from back at the tree distance. Last time I was quite close and it was awesome. He literally is a living legend- it's undeniable. Personally I love all the tunes and will be there for the music first and foremost. The atmos will be great though.

In the past, I've mainly regretted going to see something because I think I 'should' rather than seeing something I genuinely wanted to- at the end of the day there's no ethereal court where you're judged based on what big names you've seen, so it really comes down to what you enjoy.

I liked James browns glastonbury performance but that was because I like his music, a lot of people who were there because he was a big name didn't really like it. 

Last time I faced a dilemma was rolling stones vs public enemy. I spent weeks trying to get into the rolling stones, but at the end of the day I'm just not a huge fan so went to see public enemy. I was worried I'd regret it, but I don't! 

I think it's sometimes worth taking a risk if you're not familiar with their stuff, but if you are and aren't keen, chances are you won't enjoy it. 

Having said that, russy's infamous going to see doves (or whoever it was) rather than Neil Young is unforgivable! ?