In the loop?

glastolover19

ok, honest question, and please excuse my ignorance and feel free to educate me!

These substances are illegal (and I agree with all that's said on legalisation), therefore you need to buy from criminals (by definition). The media and police report that  the supply chain of drugs involves all manner of criminal activity (re: county lines, stabbings, prostitution, trafficking etc). Whether as bad as reported and as linked as reported I don't know, so again let me know.

But, does that side of things impact your indulgence in drug culture? I've never quite reconciled that and would be interested in your thoughts.

20 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

ok, honest question, and please excuse my ignorance and feel free to educate me!

These substances are illegal (and I agree with all that's said on legalisation), therefore you need to buy from criminals (by definition). The media and police report that  the supply chain of drugs involves all manner of criminal activity (re: county lines, stabbings, prostitution, trafficking etc). Whether as bad as reported and as linked as reported I don't know, so again let me know.

But, does that side of things impact your indulgence in drug culture? I've never quite reconciled that and would be interested in your thoughts.

You'll have to forgive the vagueness of my answer because it's not a simple yes or no answer.

The truth is it depends what you're buying and who your buying from. 

County lines is a thing,it actually happened in a town not far from me about a month ago where some folks got stabbed,however the thing is this has always happened. Can I assume you know what the county lines thing refers to? People have been selling stuff away from "home" for a long time. Years ago everything that came this way was brought in from London,Birmingham etc. I think that violent crime from dealing has increased but then so have the number of dealers so proportionaly it's probably no worse.

I think the criminal links is just a very broad term because realistically if you're doing one thing dodgy your likely to be doing something else dodgy. I do know however that drugs like coke is a horrible seedy business especially for the lower end of the scale ie growers.

I should stress I don't use class a I have tried before but wouldn't again now. 

4 hours ago, glastolover19 said:

Did you give them any?

You know, I don't think the Police are as bad as some make out but not sure I'd be giving them anything from my (hypothetical) stash if they just knocked on my door, I mean you hardly know them. Perhaps if they spent a few weeks being friendly, bought a few drinks, introduced me to some of their contacts, then maybe. 

?

Edited by semmtexx
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, semmtexx said:

You know, I don't think the Police are as bad as some make out but not sure I'd be giving them anything from my (hypothetical) stash if they just knocked on my door, I mean you hardly know them. Perhaps if they spent a few weeks being friendly, bought a few drinks, introduced me to some of their contacts, then maybe. 

?

That's called the evidence room. I bet the Xmas office party there is awesome.

Fun fact. The cop shop in a town not far from me has a bar in it

• Like 1

I've mentioned that I was busted before for dope, way back in the early 1980's. Not long after this undercover bust I experienced a very strong urge to have a smoke one night. Where to get the bastard stuff, was the problem. Anyway, to cut a very long story short, there transpired a set of events that led me to going to the halls of residence for police trainees in south Birmingham. Once I was buzzed in, I made my way to the room number that Id been given, knocked on the door, was greeted and went inside. There then went down a drug deal (very minor) between me and this trainee police officer. After the deal was done I desperately wanted to get away from the place. However, dope deals done in those days (doesn't seem to happen as much nowadays, well not in my case), had a ritual, and that was that you sat down with your dealer and shared a joint, which he would make, or have handy.

Anyway, I had this joint, and got a bit f the fear. I wanted out. I wanted out because I knew the bloke that I was sharing a joint with, was a complete c**t, and that this whole place I was in was full of bedrooms containing other c**ts. 

So, I bid a hasty retreat.

Now, if you were wondering why I would have a 'relationship'' with a copper, I didn't. Have one, that is. He was my then girlfriend's sister's boyfriend. I had earlier asked my girlfriend if she could help in my quest for dope, and this course of events was all she could come up with - which was not great, but a shit load more than I could come up with.

Edited by Yoghurt on a Stick

11 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I've mentioned that I was busted before for dope, way back in the early 1980's. Not long after this undercover bust I experienced a very strong urge to have a smoke one night. Where to get the bastard stuff, was the problem. Anyway, to cut a very long story short, there transpired a set of events that led me to going to the halls of residence for police trainees in south Birmingham. Once I was buzzed in, I made my way to the room number that Id been given, knocked on the door, was greeted and went inside. There then went down a drug deal (very minor) between me and this trainee police officer. After the deal was done I desperately wanted to get away from the place. However, dope deals done in those days (doesn't seem to happen as much nowadays, well not in my case), had a ritual, and that was that you sat down with your dealer and shared a joint, which he would make, or have handy.

Anyway, I had this joint, and got a bit f the fear. I wanted out. I wanted out because I knew the bloke that I was sharing a joint with, was a complete c**t, and that this whole place I was in was full of bedrooms containing other c**ts. 

So, I bid a hasty retreat.

Now, if you were wondering why I would have a 'relationship'' with a copper, I didn't. Have one, that is. He was my then girlfriend's sister's boyfriend. I had earlier asked my girlfriend if she could help in my quest for dope, and this course of events was all she could come up with - which was not great, but a shit load more than I could come up with.

Soooo true

2 hours ago, hfuhruhurr said:

And this is exactly why drugs should be legalised. You have to know where drugs have come from if there legal. A weed dealer doesn't need to have his product tested to make sure it's not Spice before he sells it (so a criminal can get you hooked on a far worse drug than the one you want, though you should be able to tell the difference, a lot of kid are naive). I mean that already gives you an idea of the calibre of people many drug dealers are. They'd happily kids and young adults up to something that's going to fuck em up for life, when all they want is to chill out. A criminal doesn't have to have his "staff" (victims in all reality) but through the NI and tax system; so he can use school drop-out latch-key kids to transport his goods and pay them in relatively inexpensive gifts that seem expensive to the kid  to take stuff from x to y on trains rather than hire a adult licensed courier van driver and pay him minimum wage.

There's probably no doubt good salt of the earth weed dealers in your area who grow the stuff in their loft and sell it out to family and friends without ever touching county lines or getting kids to sell it on street corners but you can bet they keep it quiet. Even if the police don't decide to peek in their loft, every penny these moral drug dealers make is a penny out of the hands of large organised criminals, and the problem with large organised crime is they are a bit more organised...

Alcohol might be a horrid drug, but at least you can walk into a supermarket and know what's in it. It's on the bottle. What's so wrong about the idea of a cigarette counter selling packs of joints? What's so wrong with that money going into the tax system rather than going into the hands of c**ts?

Edited by battleborn
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, battleborn said:

And this is exactly why drugs should be legalised. You have to know where drugs have come from if there legal. A weed dealer doesn't need to have his product tested to make sure it's not Spice before he sells it (so a criminal can get you hooked on a far worse drug than the one you want, though you should be able to tell the difference, a lot of kid are naive). I mean that already gives you an idea of the calibre of people many drug dealers are. They'd happily kids and young adults up to something that's going to fuck em up for life, when all they want is to chill out. A criminal doesn't have to have his "staff" (victims in all reality) vetted by police; so he can use school drop-out latch-key kids to transport his goods and pay them in relatively inexpensive gifts that seem expensive to the kid  to take stuff from x to y on trains rather than hire a adult licensed courier van driver and pay him minimum wage.

There's probably no doubt good salt of the earth weed dealers in your area who grow the stuff in their loft and sell it out to family and friends without ever touching county lines or getting kids to sell it on street corners but you can bet they keep it quiet. Even if the police don't decide to peek in their loft, every penny these moral drug dealers make is a penny out of the hands of large organised criminals, and the problem with large organised crime is they are a bit more organised...

Alcohol might be a horrid drug, but at least you can walk into a supermarket and know what's in it. It's on the bottle. What's so wrong about the idea of a cigarette counter selling packs of joints? What's so wrong with that money going into the tax system rather than going into the hands of c**ts?

I'd like to thank you for taking the time out to write those fine words.

It's small recompense for your efforts, but this is for you;

:)

The dark web makes it so easy to get analogues or anything else you fancy - if you know how to use Bitcoin and there's even supplier reviews. 

At this point the war on some people who use some drugs has been lost.

Once there is decent data available from the states where weed is now legal there should be no reason why it shouldn't be legalised and regulated using the same model as for alcohol. 

The Loop is a fantastic idea and hopefully a step in the right direction for overhauling the outdated laws regarding drugs. The so called "Drug War" has not changed anything, in fact all drugs are much much easier to locate, and I'm guessing the quantities entering the country are higher too. The demand and accessibility must point to that.

I know lots of functioning, law abiding, honest and fucking amazing people who dabble with drugs. They hold down jobs, pay mortgages and (at the risk of offending some) rear lovely children. These people are not criminals and will never present a danger to society. In fact they give a huge amount to society. There's a huge difference between drug use and drug abuse. Same as the difference between a bottle of rouge with your dinner and being a raving alcoholic. It's time for a rethink.

I appreciate that some inner cities see some horrendous violence directly linked to drugs. But it's not the drugs alone that cause these problems. Drugs could be legalized tomorrow but inner cities would still have their issues. Especially with youngsters trying to make their way in a country that has  turned it's back on them, they'll make their dollar by whatever means in line with the environment that nurtured them.

The countries of origin for drug production are not seeing the benefits of their exports and are suffering extreme levels of violence and poverty. This could be changed, not overnight and not without cost but surely it's time to think about engaging with the governments and finding a path. The farmers getting a fairer deal. Fair Trade Cocaine would sell as well as the shit stuff down the local boozer.

By legalizing drugs I do think it's possible to save lives. 

Gaining control over drugs would improve quality/purity. This will save lives.

Raise some huge revenue and instead of wasting vast amounts of money fighting a Drug War spend spend spend on health and education, This will save lives.

Having more control over the age of patrons trying to buy drugs must be a bonus too. (not sure that worked with fags and wine but worth a punt).

Enabling the police do deal with other things instead of wasting time and money. This may or may not save lives but should help improve society.

The Loop in my opinion is a step in this direction and I applaud them. :goodjob:

Any politicians got an account on here and want to do something useful next time your in London?

• Like 1

Just now, mashedonmud said:

Gonna order it now. Guessing it wont change my opinion?

Ha ha ha, I wouldn’t have thought so mate. It was seeing your summation that prompted me to post it. I’ve read many many books on all different aspects of drugs but this one is by far the best in relation to legalising ALL drugs. I’m not joking when I say this but it’s that well written and argued that I reckon that It would even change the minds of some Daily Fail readers..! 

3 minutes ago, Northern Soul said:

Ha ha ha, I wouldn’t have thought so mate. It was seeing your summation that prompted me to post it. I’ve read many many books on all different aspects of drugs but this one is by far the best in relation to legalising ALL drugs. I’m not joking when I say this but it’s that well written and argued that I reckon that It would even change the minds of some Daily Fail readers..! 

I look forward to reading it. Many thanks for recommending. 

10 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I had a copper from A&S knock on my door a few weeks back, asking for intel on drug dealing - but also said that she wasn't interested in knowing anything about weed dealers, just class a's.

It wasn't an Inspector Shirley Eden by any chance was it?

She's an award winning copper from A&S force who was/is one of the chief coppers at the festival.

Always suspected that she may have been the poster CCCheese or something similar.Anyone else remember her?  Coppers love nicknames. Cheese.......edam......Eden ;)

Edited by Sawdusty Surfer
edit to correct right speling of CCCheese

25 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

She's an award winning copper from A&S force who was/is one of the chief coppers at the festival.

Always suspected that she may have been the poster ccCheese or something similar.Anyone else remember her?  Coppers love nicknames. Cheese.......edam......Eden ;)

I remember CCCheese. Always seemed quite sensible and funny!

Edited by semmtexx
also can't spell!

1 hour ago, mashedonmud said:

Fair Trade Cocaine would sell as well as the shit stuff down the local boozer.

Haha! Fair trade cocaine. Nice idea. Better than cut with a whole load of other stuff. At least you'd know. Cocaine being a bad thing but at least you get the choice rather than having the choice made for you. 

Edited by semmtexx

13 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Always suspected that she may have been the poster ccCheese or something similar.Anyone else remember her?  Coppers love nicknames. Cheese.......edam......Eden ;)

Hello Sawdusty,

She was indeed CCCCheese, or some such, and used to post on here regularly. She was, if memory serves me right, kind of an OK police person - and that's not something you'll hear from me every day. I did have a fair few PM conversations with her, many years ago. 

There seems to be a little bit of a tide change within the police. More and more high level police officers are coming out in favour of legalising drugs. And why wouldn't they - fucking shed loads of the crime that they have to tackle is drug related.

If you want a good drugs read try.

Prof David Nutt.

"drugs without the hot air".

he should know as he was sacked from the ACMD for saying horse riding was more dangerous as ecstasy (as more people die horse riding). To point out the stupidity of prohibition (as they haven't made horse riding illegal to protect us).

I've been to a couple of his lectures & talks and he talks a lot of sense. Think he's talked in leftfield before.