What basics do you always take Vs weather depending.

Gedh

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

just posted elsewhere ... the lenor bottle has become an essential these days .... much better than having to leave the tent in the early hours 

Yep,just don't do what a buddy did and fall back into his bed when he was mid filling. I didn't witness the event however smelt it the next morning and for 3days after

Always: sunglasses, poncho, fleece, tights/leggings(If wearing shorts in day), walking boots, sun cream, hand gel, tissues, toilet wipes, hat that doubles as sun and rain proof, pound shop ground sheet to sit/lie on, torch, water bottle - no wonder my shoulder kills!

Wet; Wellies, proper rain coat, waterproof trousers (disposable clear ones off ebay). This year taking a chair as mobility not so good so expect less bimbling, stick in lock up if needs be.

Hot: can't think of anything don't already take.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, slash's hat said:

Always: sunglasses, poncho, fleece, tights/leggings(If wearing shorts in day), walking boots, sun cream, hand gel, tissues, toilet wipes, hat that doubles as sun and rain proof, pound shop ground sheet to sit/lie on, torch, water bottle - no wonder my shoulder kills!

Wet; Wellies, proper rain coat, waterproof trousers (disposable clear ones off ebay). This year taking a chair as mobility not so good so expect less bimbling, stick in lock up if needs be.

Hot: can't think of anything don't already take.

Honestly your say to yourself why didn't I bring this before. Always by Sunday my back was ruined and I'm sure was because sitting on the cold damp ground

31 minutes ago, glastolover19 said:

Honestly your say to yourself why didn't I bring this before. Always by Sunday my back was ruined and I'm sure was because sitting on the cold damp ground

We take chairs for morning and evening at the tent. So lovely to collapse into a chair befor tackling those muddy boots. Also good for the less intense Wednesday and Thursday when you might allow yourself some out of zone time.

29 minutes ago, Gedh said:

We take chairs for morning and evening at the tent. So lovely to collapse into a chair befor tackling those muddy boots. Also good for the less intense Wednesday and Thursday when you might allow yourself some out of zone time.

Yep to all that. Now here's a lil tip,get a 3legged fold up stool from £land perfect for 5min sit whilst on a bimble but then when back at tent perfect sized foot rest,especially if you got a fire on you will feel like a king.

Man I just realized how old that makes me feel

Edited by glastolover19

• 3 weeks later...

We’re all different...

2017 I managed with 5 pairs of undies, 3 pairs of socks, a sun hat and a clean t shirt each day, plus a decent waterproof that I never wore. I think I managed one pair of shorts. I might have had a toothbrush and deodorant? My other half took double this, plus a full change of clothes every day, plus pillows, and full Toiletries and towels.

2016, I took an extra coat and two hats...

Most of the time I take pretty much the same stuff - 6x underwear and t shirts, 3x jeans, wellies, waterproof jacket, a hoody, a jumper and finally my purple velvet party jacket (this is essential TBH, it is magnificent).

If its looking highly likely that it'll be warm and dry then some of the warmer clothes may be jibbed off. Conversely if it is looking to be cold and wet, more waterproof / warm clothing will get thrown in and some sort of groundsheet / stool maybe. 

As for camp supplies, I try to be spartan if going by train/coach but if I'm going by car, it quickly adds up - air mattress, sleeping bag, inflatable pillow, toiletries, couple of packets of wet wipes, disinfectant gel, dry shampoo and a large wide brimmed bottle. 

Alcohol  - generally 1.5 litres of spirits (Rum usually), about  dozen of the little cans of craft beer.  I have been known to take vodka and Kahlua for mid morning white russians 

Party supplies - Whatever I can get my grubby little hands on to, big pouch of tobacco, plenty of papers, filters and a load of lighters.

4 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Do away with those Jeans ... its shorts whatever the weather .... rain or sun 

oops, forgot to include them. 

TBH I only tend to wear shorts when its either hella hot or hella pissing it down. Anything inbetween my legs get cold as I'm part lizard and need warmth to function.