What basics do you always take Vs weather depending.

Gedh

2 hours ago, Gedh said:

I get cold at night in shorts though.

It's these bad boys you need. The bottom sections can be carried in your day pack, and zipped on when it gets  chilly  rather than going back to your tent to change.

https://www.trespass.com/neon-mens-convertible-trousers?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIoNPunMfo3gIVCeh3Ch066QcwEAQYAiABEgJ9A_D_BwE#color=Dark-Brown&size=XXL

5 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

It's these bad boys you need. The bottom sections can be carried in your day pack, and zipped on when it gets  chilly  rather than going back to your tent to change.

https://www.trespass.com/neon-mens-convertible-trousers?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIoNPunMfo3gIVCeh3Ch066QcwEAQYAiABEgJ9A_D_BwE#color=Dark-Brown&size=XXL

It’s June... your walking, dancing, stumbling and bimbling... how can your legs feel anything.??

11 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

It’s June... your walking, dancing, stumbling and bimbling... how can your legs feel anything.??

I get cold at night as well so any skin exposed to the elements gets cold.

Bad or good weather i have a fab pair of water-resistant summer rohan hiking trousers. Lots of pockets as well. More or less lived in them last year. 

I'm also ginger so burn easily which rules shorts out as well. 

3 hours ago, H.M.V said:

I get cold at night as well so any skin exposed to the elements gets cold.

Bad or good weather i have a fab pair of water-resistant summer rohan hiking trousers. Lots of pockets as well. More or less lived in them last year. 

I'm also ginger so burn easily which rules shorts out as well. 

I'm getting on a bit so starting to feel the cold a bit more.  Also I find it depends on where you are on how cold it is, inside a Tent mucho heat - wandering about in less populated areas can be nippy, especially standing around waiting at the agreed meeting point for the inevitable late arrivals.

And I don't drink so have no anesthesia...

Edited by Gedh

For us the same basics get taken each year with the wellies left in the car if the forecast is dry. Always take on a fleece & waterproof and have combo shorts with zip off legs. Tbh they're usually worn zipped off ?

As years have process we have decided we like our create comforts so for 2017 invested in a tent which we can stand upright in and a lightweight portable table. No more scrabbling around crouching to get dressed or kneeling to cook the brekky?

Craghoppers pants with the zip off legs are a must. Plenty of secure pockets so you don't lose stuff.

My Berghaus 25l day bag. I've had this thing 12 years and it's done every festival/countless holidays and work trips and is my gym bag too. Probably the best money I've ever spent on a single piece of kit. 

A pair of Muck Boots (a godsend in 2016) they stay in the vehicle if the weather is good. 

As the years go by I’ve just settled in a layering combo that works for me.

So I take walking boots and hiking sandals. Wellies left in the car in case it gets ridiculous. More socks than you think you need are important.

For my bottom half shorts and short skirts, along with tights and leggings to go underneath if it’s poor weather, or to put on later in the evening.

top half, vests (because sthere will always be times when you are hot enough for a vest if you are doing this right - even in the worst weather years) cardies & hoodies, a waterproof.

i always carry a large cotton scarf which can be used to muffle up if it gets cold, to keep the sun off a sunburnt back, or too sit on if it’s hot and dusty. If I don’t need it I just tie it to my bag.

bin bags are an essential every year - from use as bin bags, to an emergency poncho, to something to keep your clothes dry in your leaky tent, a way of doing a temporary repair in a leaky tent, to something you can just tie to your bag for something to sit down on in a wet year.

15 hours ago, amfy said:

As the years go by I’ve just settled in a layering combo that works for me.

So I take walking boots and hiking sandals. Wellies left in the car in case it gets ridiculous. More socks than you think you need are important.

For my bottom half shorts and short skirts, along with tights and leggings to go underneath if it’s poor weather, or to put on later in the evening.

top half, vests (because sthere will always be times when you are hot enough for a vest if you are doing this right - even in the worst weather years) cardies & hoodies, a waterproof.

i always carry a large cotton scarf which can be used to muffle up if it gets cold, to keep the sun off a sunburnt back, or too sit on if it’s hot and dusty. If I don’t need it I just tie it to my bag.

bin bags are an essential every year - from use as bin bags, to an emergency poncho, to something to keep your clothes dry in your leaky tent, a way of doing a temporary repair in a leaky tent, to something you can just tie to your bag for something to sit down on in a wet year.

Nice idea on the big scarfs. Bin bags an essential!

• Upvote 1

On 11/28/2018 at 11:34 PM, Lycra said:

And to ensure maximum comfort we always ensure we have ample supplies of Izal toilet paper ??

Instantly transported back to primary school!  AKA shiny white. 

Edited by semmtexx

1 hour ago, Gedh said:

@semmtexx never mind all of that. I can't concentrate, stop freaking me out with your rebel spelling in your Interests. dunKable - to dunK.

Phew, now I can move on.... ?   ?

Hahaha! Whoops! ? Genuine mistake, can't abide all that silly spelling! Thank you for pointing that out ?

Hope you feel less freaked out now!

??

Edited by semmtexx

1 hour ago, Gedh said:

Phew. My hobnobs thank you.

They are fine dunkers. Recently I've strayed a bit and started dunking croissants. Feels so very continental. 

Edited by semmtexx
  • Like 1