Facilities in cv east?

daclown28

6 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

I have looked at this 3 times and I still don’t know what it is for..... although for some reason I feel drawn to getting one ?

Looks like charging points that will run off the leisure battery, just plug the USB part of the phone charger wire in.

Earlier H.M.V asked whether the leisure battery would charge phones, which mine wouldn’t without a hook up.

Id suggest buying those plastic or stone ice cubes for the freezer to cool drinks H.M.V if you haven’t already got some!

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

why not just buy a standard mobiles portable recharging battery? 

We'd end up with Solar>Leisure battery>12v Socket>Portable Charger/Battery (Anker?)>Phone.

We're able to do without the Anker, don't need to charge a charger.

We have less clutter and it's another 'thing' that I don't need to buy (few grams less lithium consumed!)

I do appreciate that they're dead handy for the majority of festival goers though ?

10 hours ago, Nice hymer said:

Excellent advice - I've only gained the experience by having epic fails and learning how to overcome them.

Re the plug sockets - they're 240v so will only work on mains, unless you have a high end invertor set-up.

I've installed these in critical places (where the kids hang out basically ?)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-DC-12V-to-5V-3A-15W-Hard-Wired-Dual-USB-Charger-for-Dash-Cam-iPhone-GPS-DVR/183256477134?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

1 hour ago, Upside down frowner said:

Looks like charging points that will run off the leisure battery, just plug the USB part of the phone charger wire in.

Earlier H.M.V asked whether the leisure battery would charge phones, which mine wouldn’t without a hook up.

Id suggest buying those plastic or stone ice cubes for the freezer to cool drinks H.M.V if you haven’t already got some!

i dont understand what you plug the red & black wires into..???

we have a spare leisure battery in the caravan that i attach a multi USB charging device to via crocodile clips...

not being obtuse here... i am just genuinely stupid about such things...

I am already looking at LED lights

37 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

we have a spare leisure battery in the caravan that i attach a multi USB charging device to via crocodile clips...

should correct that to i am already getting confused by LED lights

Re LED lights, these are classed as on the spectrum of warm (softer light) versus cool (very white light) and how powerful they are in lumens, the higher the number the brighter they are. The fittings are the same as other bulbs, but the lights themselves range from discs, to small units, to lipstick shapes etc depending on the space you're getting the bulb for. I got ours from Aten. Sorry if you know all that, but I thought it might help @BlueDaze

Re charging phones, rather than connect direct to a battery, do you (anyone in this thread) have 12v and hella sockets to use, which are fed by the battery? I have sockets above the fridge and my cousin's van had sockets at the back. I have an inverter for the TV but I use a cheap car charger lead (with multiple USB and 12v sockets) into a 12v to hella (like a smaller 12v socket) adapter, and bingo.

9 minutes ago, carlosj said:

Re LED lights, these are classed as on the spectrum of warm (softer light) versus cool (very white light) and how powerful they are in lumens, the higher the number the brighter they are. The fittings are the same as other bulbs, but the lights themselves range from discs, to small units, to lipstick shapes etc depending on the space you're getting the bulb for. I got ours from Aten. Sorry if you know all that, but I thought it might help @BlueDaze

Re charging phones, rather than connect direct to a battery, do you (anyone in this thread) have 12v and hella sockets to use, which are fed by the battery? I have sockets above the fridge and my cousin's van had sockets at the back. I have an inverter for the TV but I use a cheap car charger lead (with multiple USB and 12v sockets) into a 12v to hella (like a smaller 12v socket) adapter, and bingo.

No, all advice is good thanks @carlosj... i am actually looking at Aten, they explain it all very well.  Ive got to replace 7 MR11 spots, maybe half a dozen of the G4 discs and then a couple of the tube light replacements (which look a little more complcated..)

I dont believe that i have any 12v sockets no...

56 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

No, all advice is good thanks @carlosj... i am actually looking at Aten, they explain it all very well.  Ive got to replace 7 MR11 spots, maybe half a dozen of the G4 discs and then a couple of the tube light replacements (which look a little more complcated..)

I dont believe that i have any 12v sockets no...

I have 2 tubes and the cost compared to usage put me off, I just did the others.

5 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

I've spliced the wires into the 12v lighting circuit using scotchlocks.

The lighting circuit is 10amps. Since I've changed all bulbs for LED, I have plenty of 'spare amps', so know it won't overload the circuit.

The box is simply fixed with a double sided sticky pad.

Bulbs are cheap as chips on eBay. Less than a fiver for ten (12v G4 SMD 5050), which leaves a couple spare should one happen to fail.

IMG_6381.thumb.JPG.b41a12869ba81460b006bc645c990a87.JPGIMG_6379.thumb.JPG.aada5f588a93a210e8aec309887ea230.JPG

20 minutes ago, Nice hymer said:

I've spliced the wires into the 12v lighting circuit using scotchlocks.

The lighting circuit is 10amps. Since I've changed all bulbs for LED, I have plenty of 'spare amps', so know it won't overload the circuit.

The box is simply fixed with a double sided sticky pad.

Bulbs are cheap as chips on eBay. Less than a fiver for ten (12v G4 SMD 5050), which leaves a couple spare should one happen to fail.

IMG_6381.thumb.JPG.b41a12869ba81460b006bc645c990a87.JPGIMG_6379.thumb.JPG.aada5f588a93a210e8aec309887ea230.JPG

Ah... got it... makes sense.