Tramlines 2019

moams

All of super early, early bird and tier one have gone now. Definitely looking good so far but I honestly think they should just look at getting bigger names at this point as its a massive success - come on Arctics!!

7 hours ago, John L said:

From those who went how easy (or otherwise) was it to get a tram back into town afterwards please?

Very - there were loads of trams heading that way. Also they opened the bars for half an hour after the bands so you could wait around for some of the crowds to go. Did that Friday and Saturday and just walked onto the tram

• Upvote 1

Loved tramlines this year, not really any complaints from me. Having been to Leeds Festival the last 5 years, this festival seemed like a blessing in terms of the types of people who went. 

Amazing night in Leadmill on the Saturday as well, not too bad getting back into town after the stages finish.

Not sure who will care, but here's who I saw/what I thought of them, would love to hear other guys and what they thought!

Sea Girls - My first act of the festival, really enjoyed them, but I always love a good singalong indie band. Crowd seemed into it and managed to be pitting towards the front. Great start.

Circa Waves - A band I quite like, mainly for their second and third albums, but they brought plenty of excitement and energy to the afternoon crowd, good few singalongs and flares for them. Pretty good.

Clean Cut Kid - One of my favorites I saw this time round, really love their sound and their whole vibe. managed to get to the front barrier and the mixture of their old and new tracks really got me in the mood for more. Also helped that as these started there was a torrential downpour of rain, so being inside felt heavenly. 

Two Door Cinema Club -These were my most anticipated, but my biggest disappointment. The crowd was awful (I was stood pretty close, to the right of the stage), no one was moving or singing along, most just talking amongst themselves as the band played. The sound was also pretty dire, couldn't hear much of them at all, which was a shame, they seemed like they were putting on a show at least.

Anteros - Always great. So much energy, they smashed it. She has a great voice and is a really amazing front woman. 

Miles Kane - Okay. Good maybe. But the sound again seemed off, I was to the left of stage at the front this time and felt like the sound was escaping to the rest of the park. He has energy and some good singalongs, but there's not much else to Miles Kane, that's how I feel.

Hey Charlie - These girls are great. Having a small crowd, but they owned it like they were headlining. Some great songs and certainly a band I will check out again.

Sports Team - High energy, some great tracks, and a fierce crowd. These were a great afternoon band to see on a small stage, though unsure what vibe they are trying to go for, a band that is surely too large for what they actually need (see the keyboard/tamberine player).

Courteeners - As much as I hate to say it, I do love this band, 5th time seeing them and once again put on a great show. The crowd were into pretty much every song and it made up for the previous nights headliner. While Liam Fray's voice is one step away from going completely, the crowd and the atmosphere made up for it.

Bloxx - Seen these twice before, once supporting Womabts on their tour 2017 and really didn't think much to them back then, but then I saw them a few weeks ago at the Wombats Castlefield bowl gig and liked them, this time they were even better, much more personality and liveliness to them now. 

The Reytons - My act of the festival, didn't expect much, got to the front barrier and it was pure chaos from the get-go. Absolutely love some of their tunes and the crowd were into it like no other I saw at the festival this weekend.

Whenyoung - Another act, like Bloxx, who I have seen before and not enjoyed but honestly, this time they smashed it out of the park. A small crowd but very enthusiastic and the lead singers voice sounded much better on some of the new tracks, than I have heard her before.

Good Cop Bad Cop - Great band, great chilled tunes, just a shame the crowd were all their to see as one bloke said behind me 'the bloke from Revs and Milburn. Play one we know!'. Managed to thankfully push forwards and enjoy the experience with a few others who actually knew the band.

Yonaka -  Never disappoint, amazing. Such a great live band, smashed the tunes they played and really earnt the crowd gathering they got. 

Only saw a little bit of Niles Roger and Chic, but it did seem better than I would have expected.