Tramlines 2019

moams

16 hours ago, moams said:

Saturday is definitely the stronger day. The Sunday for me is more about the undercard than the actual headliners. 

Both weekend days all about the undercard for me (main all the way friday) - way over the courteeners/miles/rev bore fest so will be checking out some smaller stage stuff.

On that - do all stages finish same time usually or are some earlier? Jade bird vs Johnny marr is a bad one if it happens but maybe not? 

Peter hook and doves Sunday is a great day for me! 

5 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Both weekend days all about the undercard for me (main all the way friday) - way over the courteeners/miles/rev bore fest so will be checking out some smaller stage stuff.

On that - do all stages finish same time usually or are some earlier? Jade bird vs Johnny marr is a bad one if it happens but maybe not? 

Peter hook and doves Sunday is a great day for me! 

Check last years clashfinder, then just replace their names with this years bill. Should be about right

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/1/2019 at 11:10 AM, TheDHolford said:

Anyone want to do a clashfinder? I'm too tired and lazy. Or when do they normally announce the actual times? 

https://clashfinder.com/s/tramlines2019/

Here's my attempt based on acts who have already been announced and timings from last year. I have never made one before so any feedback or changes let me know

• 3 weeks later...

Hoping those times are slightly accurate, looking like a good list of acts for me anyway,

Friday - Sea Girls, Circa Waves, Clean Cut Kid and Two Door Cinema club

Saturday - Oddity Road, Anteros, She Drew the Gun, Miles Kane, Reverend and the Makers, Sports Team, Johnny Marr or Japanese House and Courteeners

Sunday - Marsicans, Sleeper, Bloxx, Lewis Capaldi, The Reytons, Blackwaters, Whenyoung, Good Cop Bad Cop, Yonaka. 

Not bad at all for 70 quid. 

• 4 weeks later...

Fringe guide is out 

https://issuu.com/exposed_magazine/docs/fringeattramlinesonlineopt

And someone has made a very handy clashfinder

https://clashfinder.com/s/tramlinesfringe2019/

I'm working Friday and Saturday and seeing the family on Sunday but I'm still planning on catching Kagoule & ASIWYFA. Quite a few decent things about.

Edited by justanothername

DO NOT go to the main part of this festival. I've been to Tramlines a fair few times now, and there has been a steady decline. But this year there has been a sudden drop. It has been absolutely horrendous. Jam packed with more selfish, arsehole people than I've ever seen in one place. Never have I appreciated Glastonbury so much!!! On top of that, the music was crap this year too. The only saving grace has been Johnny Marr. Other than that, every band has been indistinguishable from one another. The same thing all day on every stage! As a group, we've decided to go home early and not even enter the site for the last day. We've cancelled our last day at the hotel...it was that bad! Nobheads through and through - young and old. It's a really horrible place. Can't wait for WOMAD next weekend for a bit of sanity.

Sorry to be so nevative

• Downvote 2

Completely disagree with you, we’ve been both days with a group including children between the ages of 3 and 13 and not had any problems. Yesterday was really busy but no problems getting food, drink etc. Yeah the music c choice was pretty poor yesterday but there were Tens of thousands of people enjoying it. 

Edited by Dronx
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Wanderlei said:

DO NOT go to the main part of this festival. I've been to Tramlines a fair few times now, and there has been a steady decline. But this year there has been a sudden drop. It has been absolutely horrendous. Jam packed with more selfish, arsehole people than I've ever seen in one place. Never have I appreciated Glastonbury so much!!! On top of that, the music was crap this year too. The only saving grace has been Johnny Marr. Other than that, every band has been indistinguishable from one another. The same thing all day on every stage! As a group, we've decided to go home early and not even enter the site for the last day. We've cancelled our last day at the hotel...it was that bad! Nobheads through and through - young and old. It's a really horrible place. Can't wait for WOMAD next weekend for a bit of sanity.

Sorry to be so nevative

Totally get you- that's the danger of putting Courteeners on at a festival. I imagine it won't be quite as bad today as many of their fans will have had day tickets, and those that have weekend will likely watch Lewis Capaldi then leave. 

I didn't think it was that bad myself, but I go to a lot of events with that sort of music so I forget that the behaviour of people at them isn't really acceptable! Unfortunately it is usually even worse!! 

Also, the sound quality on the main stage was terrible yesterday. 

• Upvote 1

Apparently 42000 in on Saturday. 

Had the most brilliant weekend spent with family & friends. Tramlines really is a credit to the City. Enjoyed loads of sets, I’m a huge Courteeners fan so was chuffed to see the reaction they got from the crows and was clear to see how much they enjoyed it. 2 Door excellent on Friday night and really enjoyed Doves yesterday evening even if the crowd was sparse. Chic was crazy busy. 

What i I really love about tramlines though is the crowd and the punters. Such a varied mix of people, loads of families not really overly bothered about what’s on most of the weekend and all the kids running between stages to catch as many acts as they can. No sign of any hassle, just 40000 people enjoying the best weekend of the year.

Roll on Tramlines 2020. 

• Upvote 1