Tramlines 2019

moams

It's decent value for what it is but I still think it's pretty boring and bland. Would only see 2 or 3 of the artists there. Still think it was better before it was taken by Global (and even a bit before then). Still had it's own identity. Now it's just another generic run of the mill Indie landfill fest for the most part and it's such a shame.

Also are the council still funding fringe events? Feel like they still do. They're still very good from what I remember, way more interesting that the main line up. I always keep an eye on a stage they put on at City Hall and hoping do something similar this year. Never been to but it's always had an interesting line up which always I've wanted to go to it's just that I'm usually out of the country when it's on.

Edited by justanothername

47 minutes ago, Samjones said:

Struggling to see anyone can complain about the lineup, very good value for money imo, do we reckon that’s all of the subheadliners announced and any idea if any of the other stage headliners are in that mix?

Not a clue yet tbh.

i reckon splits will be 

two door, manics, Miles Kane

courteeners/ Doves/Reverend/Circa Waves

Chic/rag n bone/happy mondays

Peter Hook possible second stage headliner? 

Edited by Dronx

14 minutes ago, Dronx said:

Not a clue yet tbh.

i reckon splits will be 

two door, manics, happy mondays

courteeners/ Doves/Reverend/Circa Waves

Chic/rag n bone/happy mondays

Peter Hook possible second stage headliner? 

Miles Kane I assume will be second stage headliner not sure about happy Monday’s playing twice ?

19 hours ago, JBarbour said:

Broadwick are block booking acts. It will reduce overheads. They just mix it up a bit between the numerous festivals they have now. 

It certainly seems more obvious this year that they are block booking acts, as Kendal, Tramlines and Standon all have really similar line ups.

I really hope truck can throw a curveball and throw us a line up which doesn't overlap with any of the other festivals as would like to see something different from all the others, getting wolf Alice, rag n bone man, manics and two door at Truck will just be a bit boring to be honest as they are at the other festivals. 

3 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

It certainly seems more obvious this year that they are block booking acts, as Kendal, Tramlines and Standon all have really similar line ups.

I really hope truck can throw a curveball and throw us a line up which doesn't overlap with any of the other festivals as would like to see something different from all the others, getting wolf Alice, rag n bone man, manics and two door at Truck will just be a bit boring to be honest as they are at the other festivals. 

Well Y Not and Truck will def have at least one different headliner because Chic can't play either. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, moams said:

@JBarbour any reason behind lowing the capacity this year or was last year just a one off as it was the 10 year anniversary?

I haven't asked, nor been told. 

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I had 40,000 listed for last year - which I must have got from the festival (I don't make it up).

Yesterday's press release said 30,000.

The capacity was 40,000 last year. 

It could well be to appease the locals. 

Didn't realise Razorlight had fallen down festivals so bad, headlining a 8000 capacity festival here. Wonder if they will make an appearance at several Global festivals this year? They have a UK tour to sell this month so could be on the next announcements. 

51298906_10161455398980154_6953117942699524096_n.jpg

1 hour ago, moams said:

Didn't realise Razorlight had fallen down festivals so bad, headlining a 8000 capacity festival here. Wonder if they will make an appearance at several Global festivals this year? They have a UK tour to sell this month so could be on the next announcements. 

51298906_10161455398980154_6953117942699524096_n.jpg

I went to Leeds in 07 and they were headlining ?

26 minutes ago, Dronx said:

I went to Leeds in 07 and they were headlining ?

Just realised they headlined the Thursday night at YNOT last year as well can't believe it. They do have a few good songs to be fair I think they'd go down well mid main stage or maybe even 2nd stage headliner.

2 hours ago, moams said:

What we talking like intimate arena size (Rock city/o2 academy) 

Yeah simliar size. 

Maybe after this years festival I'll spill who they originally went for as a headliner. No not AM :P

2 hours ago, the hitcher said:

Any chance of idles?

Not sure. Although they'd be a decent addition. I'd imagine they would of been announced in the first release looking at other (broadwick) festival announcements. Could be wrong.