Tramlines 2019

moams

6 minutes ago, DamienCreamer said:

I believe there’s a chance of the monkeys headlining I see them replying to a lot of Alex Turner/Arctic Monkeys related mentions. I don’t think they’d do it without having reason to unless they just wanna massively upset the public.

They did the same last year. Don’t get your hopes up for AM. 

Edited by Dronx

Just now, DamienCreamer said:

Pretty sure they tried for AM but they declined? Probably because of the September tour and they wanted to return to Sheffield on there own grounds but I couldn’t see anything stopping them this year 

Hope you’re right, I just don’t see it. Tickets are £60 fir the full weekend, paid more then that for the arena, 

9 minutes ago, Dronx said:

They did the same last year. Don’t get your hopes up for AM. 

2 minutes ago, Dronx said:

Hope you’re right, I just don’t see it. Tickets are £60 fir the full weekend, paid more then that for the arena, 

Yeah that’s true, if it’s not AM I’m hoping for Courteeners, The Vaccines and Kasabian have been unusually quiet recently

8 minutes ago, DamienCreamer said:

I believe there’s a chance of the monkeys headlining I see them replying to a lot of Alex Turner/Arctic Monkeys related mentions. I don’t think they’d do it without having reason to unless they just wanna massively upset the public.

It's another dick move by the social team. Had a few dick moves last year as well. Not a fan. They've also been hinting at someone else being a headliner that's not. 

25 minutes ago, DamienCreamer said:

I reckon it will upset a lot of people if it isn’t 

AM got offered Tramlines last year. The tenth anniversary of the event and the move to Hillsborough. So that would of been something special. Helders even help launch the festival. Not only could they not make that happen last year but AM and promoters SJM looked at putting on their own standalone shows on the same park that same summer. 

I believe I know 2 of the 3 headliners so always an outside chance. But people gotta pull their expections in check sometimes. Just look at the IOW announcement people expecting The Who, AM, massive headliners.... Then look what got announced 

Edited by JBarbour

8 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

AM got offered Tramlines last year. The tenth anniversary of the event and the move to Hillsborough. So that would of been something special. Helders even help launch the festival. Not only could they not make that happen last year but AM and promoters SJM looked at putting on their own standalone shows on the same park that same summer. 

I believe I know 2 of the 3 headliners so always an outside chance. But people gotta pull their expections in check sometimes. Just look at the IOW announcement people expecting The Who, AM, massive headliners.... Then look what got announced 

Tramlines will surprise us. The Strokes, AM and Pulp to headline ?

14 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

I can see the point you’re trying to make but if you were in the monkeys position after 5 years absence your return to UK and Sheffield is obviously going to be through your own tour.

Not forgetting Isle of Wight is a £175 festival whereas Tramlines £65-85. Considering they have Tramlines dirty seconds in Noel 

Tramlines is good value for money. Plus there is some cross over from that line up. So get buying tickets while they cheap :P 

I do a better job in promoting the event than tramlines social team :lol:

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, JBarbour said:

Who are those headliners then??? They been mentioned on this forum?

10 hours ago, Samjones said:

Who are those headliners then??? They been mentioned on this forum?

You know from previous times I don't give names! Otherwise, I'd lose the relationship with the festival, pr teams etc. I have given hints, which I may get slapped down for :lol:

Saying that... One headline no ones mentioned! 

1 hour ago, JBarbour said:

You know from previous times I don't give names! Otherwise, I'd lose the relationship with the festival, pr teams etc. I have given hints, which I may get slapped down for :lol:

Saying that... One headline no ones mentioned! 

Manic Street Preachers are down the road in Nottingham that weekend...

EDIT - With that in mind, are they going to be releasing day tickets again do you know? I'm going to Splendour on the Saturday now, which I may regret committing to early... but would still do the Friday/Sunday of Tramlines if it's worth it.

Edited by AAlex

1 hour ago, AAlex said:

Manic Street Preachers are down the road in Nottingham that weekend...

EDIT - With that in mind, are they going to be releasing day tickets again do you know? I'm going to Splendour on the Saturday now, which I may regret committing to early... but would still do the Friday/Sunday of Tramlines if it's worth it.

Day tickets will depend on how many weekend tickets they shift. If they shift the capacity and sell out obvs no day tickets. They'll be made available closer to the festival