Tramlines 2019

moams

11 hours ago, berger55 said:

hopping for the local heroes Arctic Monkeys

Nay chance.

They got offered a heavy amount to headline this year's event. Next years event is probably gonna be a Broadwick event as well. So the favour Monkeys would have done for the ex-directors of Tramlines will have gone as well. 

They have an exclusive window until Feb to buy up the remaining shares in Tramlines. Even if they don't buy the event its basically a Broadwick/Global event anyway. They book it and run the festival site. 

• Upvote 1

Tramlines is honestly a garbage festival in my opinion, it got gradually worse and worse every year. Especially this year's which was a generic run of the mill indie landfill festival. It was never the best inner city festival in the world but back when it was free it was great to see some interesting and up and coming acts, especially now where you see where they are (See acts such as The XX and The 1975). Now they just book bygone acts like Noel Gallagher. Proper disappointing and it just contributes to the unfortunately terrible live scene Sheffield has nowadays.

19 minutes ago, James96 said:

Tramlines is honestly a garbage festival in my opinion, it got gradually worse and worse every year. Especially this year's which was a generic run of the mill indie landfill festival. It was never the best inner city festival in the world but back when it was free it was great to see some interesting and up and coming acts, especially now where you see where they are (See acts such as The XX and The 1975). Now they just book bygone acts like Noel Gallagher. Proper disappointing and it just contributes to the unfortunately terrible live scene Sheffield has nowadays.

Can blame Count Of Ten and Broadwick for that. 

Even some festival directors where embarrassed by this years line up :lol:

On 11/11/2018 at 10:00 AM, berger55 said:

Are they touring next year? Few days ago Casablancas just finishd his fall tour with The Voidz.

Not a clue, think it was just wishful thinking from myself and whoever said they were headlining Latitude. Will be interesting who they do get to headline next year

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Samjones said:

Any early rumours? And any chance of foals playing?

I'd have thought they were too big... but after being announced for This Is Tomorrow (no? me neither.) maybe their stock has dropped a bit, won't be at R&L, probably not Glasto unless it's a secret set so  Y Not, Kendal, Tramlines etc. are definitely in the running I'd say, if they're doing other festivals and not an outdoor show.

Edited by alexlloyd

1 hour ago, alexlloyd said:

I'd have thought they were too big... but after being announced for This Is Tomorrow (no? me neither.) maybe their stock has dropped a bit, won't be at R&L, probably not Glasto unless it's a secret set so  Y Not, Kendal, Tramlines etc. are definitely in the running I'd say, if they're doing other festivals and not an outdoor show.

Foals can't be much bigger than this years headliners surely? 

1 minute ago, moams said:

Foals can't be much bigger than this years headliners surely? 

I'd say bigger than Craig David, but yeah Noel and Phonics are big names but they're in that batch of acts who just seem to do smaller festivals nowadays, don't know if that's because the bigger ones won't book them or offer a slot high enough for them to take. Foals last album run had them sub headlining Glastonbury and co-headlining Reading & Leeds (which admittedly, anyone seems to be able to do nowadays) so it seemed like they were on the rise rather than the decline.

I thought maybe an All Points East, TRNSMT or Friday cohead at IOW could be on the cards but I doubt it now, personally I'd love to see them there, lived in Sheff for 3 years at Uni so always try to make it back for Tramlines when I can.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

I'd say bigger than Craig David, but yeah Noel and Phonics are big names but they're in that batch of acts who just seem to do smaller festivals nowadays, don't know if that's because the bigger ones won't book them or offer a slot high enough for them to take. Foals last album run had them sub headlining Glastonbury and co-headlining Reading & Leeds (which admittedly, anyone seems to be able to do nowadays) so it seemed like they were on the rise rather than the decline.

I thought maybe an All Points East, TRNSMT or Friday cohead at IOW could be on the cards but I doubt it now, personally I'd love to see them there, lived in Sheff for 3 years at Uni so always try to make it back for Tramlines when I can.

I think they'd go down well but literally have no clue who could possibly headline this year. I'm guessing the likes of Courteeners, Kaiser Chiefs, The Kooks, The Vaccines possibly even Biffy depending what day they are performing at Deichbrand Festival could headline. 

54 minutes ago, moams said:

I think they'd go down well but literally have no clue who could possibly headline this year. I'm guessing the likes of Courteeners, Kaiser Chiefs, The Kooks, The Vaccines possibly even Biffy depending what day they are performing at Deichbrand Festival could headline. 

Yeah I have no clue either but Courteeners seems like a good shout, awkward one with Tramlines because I don't think it's at the level they want it to be yet, seems to be growing each year so could be a couple of surprises.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Going to be interesting, they seemed to have most of the bigger local acts last year in prominent slots. They have a lot of tickets to sell for this event although sales seem to be doing well. 

I reckon it could be anything out of this lot:

Two Door Cinema Club

Vaccines

James

DMA’s

Courteeners

Doves

Clean Bandit

Paloma Faith

Biffy Clyro