Space in Worthy View Tent

Big_Stav1984

20 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I'm intrigued!  Tell me about it!

Didn’t play This Old House or Green door, despite getting a sizeable crowd all of whom were waiting for the hits and well up for a bit of fun. Bloke near me had even made a full sized green door banner he was waving about IIRC. 

I also seem to recall the crowd turning on him a bit as he continued to play 1950s rock n roll numbers no one had heard of. 

There was booing near where I was stood. 

Edit. I mustve been fucking spangled. YouTube tells a completely different story!!! 

Edited by Woffy

2 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Didn’t play This Old House or Green door, despite getting a sizeable crowd all of whom were waiting for the hits and well up for a bit of fun. Bloke near me had even made a full sized green door banner he was waving about IIRC. 

I also seem to recall the crowd turning on him a bit as he continued to play 1950s rock n roll numbers no one had heard of. 

There was booing near where I was stood. 

It staggers me when bands and/or singers just don't get festivals and realise that what people want is the hits and not stuff off the new album that no-one knows or cares about.

1 minute ago, Beerqueen said:

It staggers me when bands and/or singers just don't get festivals and realise that what people want is the hits and not stuff off the new album that no-one knows or cares about.

See my edit!

I’m soooooo confused! 

I wonder what, back in those days, could’ve addled my memory so badly?!!! ?

15 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Ha ha!  So he did play Green Door and This Old House?

You just chill out there whilst I do all the heavy googling Beerqueen! ?

TOH but no Green Door apparently. 

What a way to spend a Saturday. 

Both today and way back in 2008!!!

6 minutes ago, Woffy said:

You just chill out there whilst I do all the heavy googling Beerqueen! ?

TOH but no Green Door apparently. 

What a way to spend a Saturday. 

Both today and way back in 2008!!!

No Merry Christmas though, did he? Sooo many songs of the "new album". Fucker.

Thepiss taking arrogance of the man to inflict that godawful MOR on us. So, so bad. This wasn't like Radiohead not playing Creep in 2003. It's not as if the man has released a slew of critically acclaimed records since his commercial heyday. He was a nobody. A nothing. A washed up novelty act.  And he had the gall to not play all of his 3 or 4 hits. Who on earth did he think he was? Why did he think he had been booked? Fucker.

And I just checked - that "new album" came out the year before and only charted in Denmark. He knew that nobody in the crowd gave a shit. Fucker.

Fucker.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

No Merry Christmas though, did he? Sooo many songs of the "new album". Fucker.

Thepiss taking arrogance of the man to inflict that godawful MOR on us. So, so bad. This wasn't like Radiohead not playing Creep in 2003. It's not as if the man has released a slew of critically acclaimed records since his commercial heyday. He was a nobody. A nothing. A washed up novelty act.  And he had the gall to not play all of his 3 or 4 hits. Who on earth did he think he was? Why did he think he had been booked? Fucker.

And I just checked - that "new album" came out the year before and only charted in Denmark. He knew that nobody in the crowd gave a shit. Fucker.

Fucker.

He really did piss you off didn't he?