Space in Worthy View Tent

Big_Stav1984

3 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I don't think you can blame anyone for raising it in the context of this particular thread.

This thread and the original Pippas Van thread are near-identical after all.  Both involve message-board regulars having a back-slapping fest taking the piss out of someone who's a new poster and therefore doesn't matter.

It was a bit pathetic to see the Pippas Van brigade all scuttling back under their rocks once they realised people were no longer laughing at their endlessly-repeated misogynistic 'joke..'

I’d share a 2 man tent with a partner. Wouldn’t share with a mate though, let alone a stranger! Too close, too hot, too wet, too smelly, too little sleep, too intolerant. Just no. 

For £100 I’d be quite up for sticking my own tent up at Worthy View though - easy access to the car park, showers, decent views up the top - they should Nick a couple more fields and organise it, it would beat the nonsense scrum on Wednesday mornings ??

13 minutes ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

This thread and the original Pippas Van thread are near-identical after all.  Both involve message-board regulars having a back-slapping fest taking the piss out of someone who's a new poster and therefore doesn't matter.

Sense of humour failure, much?

The threads are similar in that they involve inviting complete strangers to share intimate spaces with the OP at the festival, to such an extent that I found it hard on first sight to tell if they were serious.

The OP has had a bit of light 'piss-taking' (I'd say a handful of fairly gentle posts) together with several entirely appropriate posts providing the helpful information that the 2-man scout tent is really too small to share with a stranger, particularly if you are 'big' (which is why the thread amused some of us in the first place). Such light piss-taking (if that's what you think it is) would have been expected by anyone who's read this 'Chat' forum (newbie posts in the 'Questions' forum regularly get plenty of helpful answers, without any piss-taking).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

It was a bit pathetic to see the Pippas Van brigade all scuttling back under their rocks once they realised people were no longer laughing at their endlessly-repeated misogynistic 'joke..'

I note that your sense of humour by pass operation was a complete success. 

As for the 'Philippa' thing,  I, for one, never scuttled back under any rock. I genuinely had no idea that those references had caused upset to anybody. Up on realising that they had (whilst reading the other thread) I noted the error, and also noted that it was a valuable education. 

On the Phillipa van thing, I got myself an education from the wife. On the assumption it was real,  I said that I thought we joked about it because it was a liberated woman that would have eaten us for breakfast, so the male responses were to make light of it to hide how scared we would have been if in said van. Wife then said that was misogynistic because laughing at is an act of taking away the power of the individual. So, having been a twerp, I now realise and have a better understanding of how wrong we were.

As for this thread - big stav in a two man looking for a sharer - same deal I guess.

I'll stop there, because my next sentence was a misogynistic nightmare. Crikey this is hard when it shouldn't be! 

5 hours ago, Quark said:

Been a bit of clear out last week or so Dusty, generally been agreed that the van gag has run its course and is kinda grossing some people out. Time to drop that one ?

never gets old...

still makes me chuckle 

We're all learning as we go, let's be honest! 

But back on topic, you getting any joy @Big_Stav1984? If they're as cosy as some of the guys on here reckon then taking it solo might be the option!  Would your mates be willing to spread the total cost of the tents evenly between people, or are you likely to be left with the full cost of you don't get any takers?

Happy to consider a contribution to the cost for someone to get the benefits of Worthy View and somewhere to store your stuff. We will also be putting a couple of tents up closer to the stages for easier access to booze and potentially a home away from home if we cant be bothered with the walk up the hill.

For me the main benefit of Worthy View is the car park situation, got absolutely cained in the que last year, 5 hours in the hottest day of the year carrying all our shit, pretty much wrote off our Wednesday. A stones throw from the car to the tent is definitely worth the £300 but would like to share some of the cost if possible.

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Big_Stav1984 said:

We will also be putting a couple of tents up closer to the stages for easier access to booze and potentially a home away from home if we cant be bothered with the walk up the hill.

Can't you just use the lock ups rather than taking up a space that someone in general camping could use?

21 hours ago, Big_Stav1984 said:

Hi Guys,

Hope all are good. Myself and a group of mates have tickets to 2019 and have all secured 2 man scout tents in the Worthy View private camping area of the festival. All other friends are coupled up so I am looking to share the cost of the pre-erected camping spot with someone for the week if possible, I have paid the £300 in full and looking for half the money (so £150) if anyone is interested. The Worthy View accommodation is all now sold out so please do get in touch if you are interested and would like to take advantage of the extra benefits that this campsite offers verses the regular camping at the festival.

Cheers,

Nic

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/worthy-view-pre-erected-camping/

Extra benefits?  Tell me more!

23 minutes ago, Big_Stav1984 said:

Happy to consider a contribution to the cost for someone to get the benefits of Worthy View and somewhere to store your stuff. We will also be putting a couple of tents up closer to the stages for easier access to booze and potentially a home away from home if we cant be bothered with the walk up the hill.

Is it worth discussing if this is ok? With space at such premium, having tents that are unoccupied, just to store stuff during the day, is really a bit of a problem. If they're tiny, and aren't in decent camping spaces (near toilets?) then maybe ok?

Edited by Hawros

5 minutes ago, Big_Stav1984 said:

Lock-ups are tiny and you don't want to be queing even more.

They're not tiny and will store almost anything. So what you're saying is you want to take up a camping space that someone else could use because you can't be arsed queuing up for 5 minutes or walking back to your tent?

Coupled with your opening post, definitely a joke/trolling account.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Big_Stav1984 said:

Yes, people put storage tents up every year. If ur that worried about a camping spot get in there early, never had a problem finding space myself unless u want prime locations.

And every year there are 1000s of tents left. Assume you'll be trekking all the way from your WV tent to your 'storage' tent and taking it home with you I suppose? 

Edited by kingbadger