Cloth wristbands

marathonsteve

On 10/30/2018 at 11:33 PM, DJL said:

I have planned to make the bags into sofa cushions at various stages but never got around to it.

On 10/31/2018 at 4:14 PM, Boris said:

I've heard of folks doing that with Yeo Valley glasto bags. A brilliant plan IMHO. I wanna do it if I can somewhere find the right size cushion I'll happily get the local seamsperson to knock a few up.

That’s what old t’shirts are for!?

198B0CE6-BEFF-4605-A7D3-295E13319834.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I saw a girl at Neighbourhood Weekender this year with an array of wristbands (mostly Glastonbury) sewn in a circle around a patch cut out of one of the Glasto tote bags onto the back of a denim jacket... looked so good. Mine are all in boxes ready to be scrapbooked at some uncertain point in the future! I'm also keeping all my old band/festival t shirts and will (at some point) get them made into a patchwork quilt!!

• 3 weeks later...

Last day of packing before moving to a new home I came across "the drawer". It's getting taped and moved as-is. A lot missing there as I was reminded this is only from the last move around 10 years ago. Apparently I packed the old stuff in a binder I haven't seen since, with a very serious promise to turn it all into a project. 

tmp-cam-7047717180266054482.jpg

• 1 year later...
15 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Known to harbour all sorts of bugs and potentially coronaviruses, anyone else thinking their time has come? 

🤔😢

I’m all for a permanently tattooed QR code on my wrist that guarantees me entry to all future Glastonbury’s. Or possibly a RFID chip implanted just under the skin. 

Other than that I don’t know what else will work? You need something easy to apply and remove, comfortable and flexible for the wearer and also easily customisable to vary design from year to year. 

Plastics aren’t fitting with the festival ethos so I’m not sure what else to suggest. 🤔 

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’m all for a permanently tattooed QR code on my wrist that guarantees me entry to all future Glastonbury’s. Or possibly a RFID chip implanted just under the skin. 

Other than that I don’t know what else will work? You need something easy to apply and remove, comfortable and flexible for the wearer and also easily customisable to vary design from year to year. 

Plastics aren’t fitting with the festival ethos so I’m not sure what else to suggest. 🤔 

did you miss the memo ....chips were implanted yesterday :) 

IMG_6261.jpeg

9 minutes ago, august1 said:

I wonder what this years would have looked like :( 

I wonder how far in advance they are produced? Is it too soon for 2020 ones to have been made already? If they do already exist will the carry over to next year or will they make all new ones with 2021 on them. 

13 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I wonder how far in advance they are produced? Is it too soon for 2020 ones to have been made already? If they do already exist will the carry over to next year or will they make all new ones with 2021 on them. 

i think they should be available for a small charity donation to the festival charities if they've already been made ... :) 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

i think they should be available for a small charity donation to the festival charities if they've already been made ... :) 

Yep....same with all the merch...print up enough to cover costs and then sell it to benefit the charities. I'd buy a t-shirt right now.