Muddy / non-muddy years

fuzzy_logic

5 hours ago, Kinkyinuit said:

2014 - Wasn't there a thunderstorm that year?  I seem to remember it being muddy friday  and scattered showers onwards. 

Aye, was up at the Park watching Jimi Goodwin with what looked like about 30 other people. He didn’t seem that disappointed to have his set cut short..

41 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

If they are crocs I'm afraid we can no longer remain friends. 

:mellow: I love my Crocs, I'm wearing them now, they've been to every Glastonbury and loads of other festivals for the past 13 yearsish.  I'm not seen in public in them though, does that help :D

27 minutes ago, Kizzie said:

:mellow: I love my Crocs, I'm wearing them now, they've been to every Glastonbury and loads of other festivals for the past 13 yearsish.  I'm not seen in public in them though, does that help :D

That's the most devastating things I've read read on here. :P

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, RichardWaller said:

Aye, was up at the Park watching Jimi Goodwin with what looked like about 30 other people. He didn’t seem that disappointed to have his set cut short..

yeah, I was up there too. He didn't seem too arsed did he...maybe he thought he'd bet let back on after a break? 

it hadn't really tipped over yet when he stopped, but on the way back down the hill it just completely let loose 

3 minutes ago, tevaburger said:

yeah, I was up there too. He didn't seem too arsed did he...maybe he thought he'd bet let back on after a break? 

it hadn't really tipped over yet when he stopped, but on the way back down the hill it just completely let loose 

I thought he seemed delighted! Was enjoying his set, still need to listen to his album actually... nice to sneak in Sulphur Man.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

I thought 98 wasn't as bad as 97, as 97 was heavy sticky mud, and 98 was wetter and easier to get around ... but i think for many people 98 was worse for being 2 very wet years on the trot.

In 97 the mud was well established by the time we were on site and removed all boots with no trouble at all. Don't remember it raining terribly during the festival however, unlike 98 where the mud was more liquid cos it kept raining on and off throughout.

Just now, H.M.V said:

Pretty sure there was a sprinkling overnight. Just enough to keep the dust down. The perfect weather

Yep.... I think there was a tiny bit of rain on the Sat morning, which prevented too much dust. I was watching the bootleg Beatles. (Bring it on. I enjoyed it). Can’t recall any more.

7 hours ago, fuzzy_logic said:

Does anyone know what the ratio of muddy years v non-muddy years is since the super fence (2002..?) was built ? ??

2002 dry

2003 lovely, dry, hot, there was a threat of heavy rain on the Sunday but it never happened

2004 muddy (though not horrifically so and there was some sun on the Thursday) 

2005 beautiful hot sun first two days then biblical rain and flood Friday morning, very muddy and water logged but mud pretty much gone by Sunday evening 

2007 muddy and rainy throughout 

2008 quite nice, don't think there was much mud if any (there was one rainy spell on the Thursday I think) 

2009 a little mud due to one or two spells of rain I think (heavy the last night) 

2010 beautiful sun and heat no rain at all

2011 muddy

2013 nice very little mud if any

2014 okay again I think

2015 pretty much mud free 

2016 a muddy villain

2017 dusty no mud, but cool and chilly after the mega heat of the Wednesday. 

So of 13 I would say 3 very muddy years, 3 with moderate or light mud, the rest had little or no mud. 

It was quite disheartening 2004, 2005 and 2007 as that was 3 muddy ones in a row! So by the time 2008 broke the spell that had been 5 years! 

Edited by Mr.Tease

I found 2007 intense, although it started nice, it turned evil, 2 types of mud, one super liquidy and deep, pouring over the wellies, having to walk with sliding feet so as to not trip on the lost items like chairs and small children, that if dropped were lost forever, I even remember a sinkhole and a guy in a dingy. The other one super sticky you had to keep pulling people out, (I remember crossing the pyramid at 4am on Monday morning coming back from watching Bill Bailey, and seeing a vivid view of post-apocalypse, heavy rain, heavy earth and pockets of lost souls huddled around fires of burning tents and chairs, theirs and others that had fallen victim to the weather. It was a physically exhausting experience as you couldn't sit anywhere because of the mud.

2016 was tiring, but no 2007.

On the opposite end spectrum, 2010 was a furnace, there was nowhere to escape the heat, inside was no shelter from the heat, I spent it massively dehydrated and on the wednesday a little delirious.

2008, 2015 or 2017 again would be cool