First time in a HIRED VAN

ppdpp

6 minutes ago, ppdpp said:

we are 4 in total with 2 CV tickets and just one van and one tent.

ok?

If there are 4 people with one van and one tent, then you need 4 festival tickets and one campervan ticket and potentially a parking ticket if the tent people are taking a separate car - does that make sense ?

You have to have a cv ticket for each cv/caravan you take into the cv field

4 minutes ago, ppdpp said:

ok?

If it is like 2016 I wouldn't want to be in the campervan field, let alone camp in it. Remember the vans being towed into the fields through the water and mud....and having to be towed off again  after the festival. Liquid mud everywhere. Some parts obviously a lot deeper than others.

5 minutes ago, ppdpp said:

ok?

so, are you able to travel in your friends Campervan.? I hope so, as you can then save money on your hired UNCONVERTED van and return one of the CV tickets....  more money for beer ?

dont forget in the CV fields NO glass is allowed... (you will have to decant the Rioja into plastic bottles...) but you should remember to bring cheese.. (Manchego will work.) This will help you find friends in the CV fields...

It will cost you a (plastic) bottle of Rioja and a whole Manchego Cheese......but if you want to camp and minimise the risk of mud........don't camp in hollows or on the flat......head for the hills.....And don't camp near roads, walkways or toilets lol 

17 hours ago, Lycra said:

If it is like 2016 I wouldn't want to be in the campervan field, let alone camp in it. Remember the vans being towed into the fields through the water and mud....and having to be towed off again  after the festival. Liquid mud everywhere. Some parts obviously a lot deeper than others.

I was in the cv fields (east ) in 2016 and yes it was a late start, but made it in quite easily and made it out with just a small tow- no real problmes at all- we didn;t have 'liquid' mud - and was better up there than on the main site for sure

Didn't think the main site in 2016 was too bad compared to days of old. The car parks were bad as they got churned up very early. Personally  think 2007 was my worst by far. I recall being in the Park waiting for Chas & Dave to come on and watching a 30cm high wave of mud, about 10m+ wide, roll down the hillside, luckily passing between the bar and food outlets.

Two of our party jacked it in and went home on the Saturday morning! 

On 11/5/2018 at 5:37 PM, Lycra said:

2016 was in CV West. We got in OK (just) but as the days went on the muddy tractor tracks next next to our camper got wider and wider, and deeper and deeper, so people starting walking further and further of the tracks to avoid it, at the same time spreading the mud further out. By Saturday night we had people walking into the side of the camper as we were now parked in what was being used as the footpath. Come Sunday night advice from some Stewards was try and get a tractor tow out slot sooner rather than later as the queues were only likely to get longer. Post headliners Ms DVB sat in a queue for several hours until our tractor slot arrived about 4am and we were dragged through two fields to get to tarmac. The camper underside was caked and jammed full with mud, which despite jet washing I was still finding several months later.

Not something I really want to repeat again if I can avoid it ☺️