Glasto as a Tourist

nessb13

On 10/30/2018 at 3:08 AM, nessb13 said:

Hey there, my friend and I are coming from Australia, wondering about where to store stuff. I know there are lock boxes around, how big are they and how secure are they? We will have a large suitcase / bag each and hand luggage as we're away from home for a month. Passports, cash and big bags are concerning me... anyone with a solution? ?

Hi - it depends if you are coming straight to the festival from an airport or from London or from travelling around before the festival. If you can it might be worth putting your large suitcases in  left luggage somewhere or with friends and just coming down with a rucksack. Also how are you getting to the festival? Coach or train?  Are you staying at Worthy View or bringing your own tent etc? You will need to be walking ( a long way possibly) over rough and muddy fields or paths- roller cases won’t cope with this. A rucksack is your best option. You can leave any valuables in the lock ups. They can take any size of deposit from keys and passports to large trolleys and bags as it is a 24 hour manned tent. 

Hope you have a great time 

I've gone to Glasto four times (hopefully a fifth next  year) as a tourist. 

I've always traveled by coach except last year that we rented a car and stayed at an AirBnb in Glastonbury (We left the car parked in Glastonbury town and shared a taxi with two americans that we met at the shuttle bus station at the Abbey). We usually have somebody take care of our bags/luggage while we are at the festival. 

ALWAYS use the lock ups.

Feel free to PM me if you need any specific advice. :)

Edited by Calvin Klein

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/30/2018 at 3:08 AM, nessb13 said:

Hey there, my friend and I are coming from Australia, wondering about where to store stuff. I know there are lock boxes around, how big are they and how secure are they? We will have a large suitcase / bag each and hand luggage as we're away from home for a month. Passports, cash and big bags are concerning me... anyone with a solution? ?

if I was you I would find somewhere to leave anything you wont need for the festival. walking in carrying everything is a fecking nightmare. i try to pack as light as possible. 

money depending get a B & B not far away for the weekend, leave you baggage there . then after the festival go back get your stuff and have a shower