Glastonbury Related Dreams and Nightmares

RichardWaller

Glastonbury week 2017 I had a artery bypass on the Tuesday at Royal free Hospital and while Glastonbury was on I was in ICU being pumped with Morphine every two hours and had my own nurse 24/7 { - they did it in 12 hour shifts } -

I had a Morphine dream and I thought I was at Glastonbury and really baffled the Nurse when I woke up and asked her to radio my WBC boss to let her know ' that I would miss my shift ' { I had drain lines and was hooked up to various machines so it was impossible for me to get out from the bed } - the poor Nurse was well baffled and so was I when she said she did not have a radio -

She must have pressed something as soon a Doctor showed up and I explained to him I needed to get this message over to the WBC - anyway I was injected with something that knocked me out and when I was next awake I remembered what happened so explained what the dream was about.

1 hour ago, glasto-worker said:

Glastonbury week 2017 I had a artery bypass on the Tuesday at Royal free Hospital and while Glastonbury was on I was in ICU being pumped with Morphine every two hours and had my own nurse 24/7 { - they did it in 12 hour shifts } -

I had a Morphine dream and I thought I was at Glastonbury and really baffled the Nurse when I woke up and asked her to radio my WBC boss to let her know ' that I would miss my shift ' { I had drain lines and was hooked up to various machines so it was impossible for me to get out from the bed } - the poor Nurse was well baffled and so was I when she said she did not have a radio -

She must have pressed something as soon a Doctor showed up and I explained to him I needed to get this message over to the WBC - anyway I was injected with something that knocked me out and when I was next awake I remembered what happened so explained what the dream was about.

Even when you're not as Glastonbury you have an anecdote about Glastonbury! 

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Even when you're not as Glastonbury you have an anecdote about Glastonbury! 

I was well pissed off because I had a previous bypass a few months before that so I was fit and well and even booked a hotel next to the Coach pick up point so everything was prepared and then the bloody bypass blocked up at the start of June so ended up back into Hospital but facing a far more dangerous Operation where there was a 50% chance that I would die and a 70% chance they would have to amputate my bloody left leg.

So I wont forget that one in a hurry - and the worst thing was ' the only possible year that I could watch Glastonbury on TV  ' but I was stuffed as TV is banned in ICU ' and they had a block on Smartphones so I never saw a thing.

But on the plus side - I still have both legs and my place is secure this year.

39 minutes ago, Smeble said:

I dreamt a few weeks ago that I slept through the whole thing, fell asleep Wednesday afternoon, woke up just as the Sunday headliner finished. 

Snap.

Had very similar dream. Slept in then messed about all the way through until the Sunday night.

I put it down to anxiety about wasting time.

8 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

I was well pissed off because I had a previous bypass a few months before that so I was fit and well and even booked a hotel next to the Coach pick up point so everything was prepared and then the bloody bypass blocked up at the start of June so ended up back into Hospital but facing a far more dangerous Operation where there was a 50% chance that I would die and a 70% chance they would have to amputate my bloody left leg.

So I wont forget that one in a hurry - and the worst thing was ' the only possible year that I could watch Glastonbury on TV  ' but I was stuffed as TV is banned in ICU ' and they had a block on Smartphones so I never saw a thing.

But on the plus side - I still have both legs and my place is secure this year.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, you didn't miss much. 

I'm sorry, I lied, it was amazing, as usual. Probably for the best not being able to watch the TV footage.

In all seriousness, glad to read you're recovered now. Scary times. 

4 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Well, if it makes you feel any better, you didn't miss much. 

I'm sorry, I lied, it was amazing, as usual. Probably for the best not being able to watch the TV footage.

In all seriousness, glad to read you're recovered now. Scary times. 

Thanks - it will be a long slog but at least I can still go.

in that wing there was about 42 patients and 75% or close ended up having a amputation - I still have the form that I had to sign agreeing to a amputation if required !!! so when I woke up ' that was the first thing I checked '

I can still walk but its limited { due to the nerve endings that died } so that restricts where I can wander - although they do drop me down on a buggy to various areas. 

image is from Thursday 22 June 2017 { shame she missed out the other machines - never did find out what they were doing }

279.thumb.jpg.7d7793beb6bae376a0eb84c4b2c786b1.jpg

36 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Anyone want an early Chris Martin recording ? I think this is probably the appropriate thread for it ....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-merseyside-51553341/chris-martin-early-recording-of-coldplay-star-to-be-auctioned

Saw that on the bbc news, would have broken the bank to buy it but my cassette player is broken. 

8 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

Thanks - it will be a long slog but at least I can still go.

in that wing there was about 42 patients and 75% or close ended up having a amputation - I still have the form that I had to sign agreeing to a amputation if required !!! so when I woke up ' that was the first thing I checked '

I can still walk but its limited { due to the nerve endings that died } so that restricts where I can wander - although they do drop me down on a buggy to various areas. 

image is from Thursday 22 June 2017 { shame she missed out the other machines - never did find out what they were doing }

279.thumb.jpg.7d7793beb6bae376a0eb84c4b2c786b1.jpg

Scary stuff. Thanks for sharing, may you have many more Glastonburys! Best wishes 😊

• 11 months later...

Strange dream last night. I dreamt that the festival was on this year but for one day only. The full festival, stages, traders, all areas, 11am - 5am, all the signs, everything exactly the same as a five day event but just for one day. Then I spent the next hour at 2am lying awake designing what my perfect day would look like. Everything from the weather, which acts I'd see, which stages, food, booze, etc... 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Strange dream last night. I dreamt that the festival was on this year but for one day only. The full festival, stages, traders, all areas, 11am - 5am, all the signs, everything exactly the same as a five day event but just for one day. Then I spent the next hour at 2am lying awake designing what my perfect day would look like. Everything from the weather, which acts I'd see, which stages, food, booze, etc... 

Interesting, when I can’t sleep i do  a virtual walk round the site visiting all areas,  usually fall asleep by the time I get to the acoustic stage. 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Interesting, when I can’t sleep i do  a virtual walk round the site visiting all areas,  usually fall asleep by the time I get to the acoustic stage. 

Great idea. Instead I did a line of hypothetical MDMA and headed off to virtual Shangri-La at imaginary 11pm 

10 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

You should just start at the acoustic stage and cut out the middleman

• Upvote 1

I had a Glasto dream last night too weirdly. Bar some dancing on a stage, all I can remember is that Orbital had been given complete control of the The Glade for some reason.

The night before I dreamt that I was at my uni mate's family Xmas get together. Genesis by Grimes came on the radio and I was singing along.

All I can really take from this is that I'm a music snob, even when I'm unconscious.

4 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I was thinking of starting a thread a while back on what would be the perfect day. Not sure I ever really mapped mine out. Food seemed to be the hardest to decide

14 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

I was thinking of starting a thread a while back on what would be the perfect day. Not sure I ever really mapped mine out. Food seemed to be the hardest to decide

I don't think you can have a perfect day. Part of what makes it so good is how different Thursday is from Saturday, or having a day of bimbling vs a day of seeing your favourite bands.

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

I don't think you can have a perfect day. Part of what makes it so good is how different Thursday is from Saturday, or having a day of bimbling vs a day of seeing your favourite bands.

Yea I think you are right, why I never manage to do one in my head. Too many variables and it is the whole really that makes it like you say

Not quite Glastonbury, although I dreamt I was back at secondary school. but all my classmates were fellow efesters for some reason. I was the only one that seemed to realise something wasn't right, and I tried explaining that some time travel shenanigans must have happened but everyone was like "mate what have you been smoking" 😅

Edited by Gilgamesh69

2 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Not quite Glastonbury, although I dreamt I was back at secondary school. but all my classmates were fellow efesters for some reason. I was the only one that seemed to realise something wasn't right, and I tried explaining that some time travel shenanigans must have happened but everyone was like "mate what have you been smoking" 😞

Are you sure it was a dream ? And not the virtual meet games night on zoom ? It’s hard to distinguish between that and a classroom at times 🙂