Glastonbury Related Dreams and Nightmares

RichardWaller

2 minutes ago, BlackZeppelin said:

That could be it. It (assuming it was real) happened after I knocked off after a shift in the Glastolatino area and someone handed me a little white pill...

Ha, sounds like Shangri-la...

Mind you, the lanes in the earlier incarnations of Shangri-La needed no 'assistance' to be mind-melting. Walking through a random door into a bar with floating 'babies' in bubbling tubes and topless dancers wearing oversized Panda heads was an experience that left me unsure if I'd had a psychotic episode and fallen into some mash up of the Matrix/Blade Runner/Burning Chrome...  

• Upvote 2

Can’t recollect an actual dream but whenever I can’t sleep instead of counting sheep I go over in my mind all the great times I’ve had at the festival, bands I’ve seen, great experiences etc. As for nightmares I once had a scary thought that the site was to be turned into a golf course. Don’t know where that came from. That is a bad trip .

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

• 1 month later...

Not necessarily Glasto-related, but I had a weird one. I was in a bookstore that was also some sort of archive, and somebody told me they had my book up for sale - apparently I had written my own book. Couldn't find it of course. While my dad was going through the archives, reading some personal stuff from his past that he was all mysterious about, a clerk passed me the message that Mick Fleetwood had died. Now, I'm no Fleetwood Mac fan, so after the initial (mild) shock, I responded something like 'well, that's that solved'. I blame this forum, because I hadn't cared about Fleetwood Mac for years :lol: 

Sadly, soon after I'd woken up, I heard the guys from Her's were killed in a car accident. Way too young of course, so much ahead of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a weird one last night....

I'm at a quiz night in what was supposed to be my local pub. I'm in a team of one and sat opposite another team of 4 that had a mate from school that I haven't seen in 10 years. A Glastonbury section came up in the quiz and for some reason I missed all the questions. I asked my old school chum to repeat the questions and he started acting them out in a charades kind of way. This annoyed me so went outside for a smoke and when I came back in said school chum had crawled under the carpet with just his head poking through.

Make of that what you will ??‍♂️

58 minutes ago, dccool said:

Had a weird one last night....

I'm at a quiz night in what was supposed to be my local pub. I'm in a team of one and sat opposite another team of 4 that had a mate from school that I haven't seen in 10 years. A Glastonbury section came up in the quiz and for some reason I missed all the questions. I asked my old school chum to repeat the questions and he started acting them out in a charades kind of way. This annoyed me so went outside for a smoke and when I came back in said school chum had crawled under the carpet with just his head poking through.

Make of that what you will ??‍♂️

Haha, that last bit is great!

I meant to post on here that I dreamt I got to Glastonbury and realised I'd neglected to bring any wet wipes. Reasonably traumatic....

• 1 month later...

Not had one for a while.....

Dreamed that when we put our tent up it ended up being the size of a marquee (theres only 2 of us staying in it). We set it up in the market area and it was so big we had to take down some stall holders awning so we had room. It then jumps to the Sunday and we decide we are going home. I have a mass panic when I realise that I haven't actually seen anybody that I wanted to or been raving of done anything of note. My mate who is sat on a trunki (no relevance whatsoever) says we stay for sunday one of us can get on it the other one stays sober and drives. 

I then wake up.

I'd like to think I was the one that gets on it.

On 3/29/2019 at 12:13 PM, Jah_Roots said:

mine is always the same - its the last day of the festival and i havn't done anything so i have this horrible sense of regret that i have wasted the festival...

the specifics are different, but the horrid feeling is always the same.

That's so bizarre!  I have more dreams about Glastonbury than any other subject, and this is by far the most common theme - that it's the last day of the festival and I'm full of regret about not doing enough on the other days of the festival and wasting the precious time I've had there.  I have no idea where this dream comes from, as I'm usually up first thing in the morning and rushing round all day trying to catch stuff!  And I've never known anyone else to have the same dream before.  Perhaps we're long-lost twins??

Last night I had a different dream, though - that I decided to catch a bit of the Vaccines before going to see Bjorn Again.  The Vaccines were playing in a tiny room, and only 9 people turned up to see them.  The Vaccines decided to go ahead anyway, and played a few songs - it was a lovely intimate gig.  Then it came to the time when anyone who wanted to see Bjorn Again would have to leave, and nearly everyone walked out - at which point the Vaccines gave up and came with us!

Was just thinking of the recurring dreams i have and spotted this thread! I haven't been since 2007, but have had a regular recurring dream ever since then. They're usually always about trying to get in and finding the entrance which weirdly is always between a couple of buildings in a town with a massive iron gate you have to climb over, like some sort of magical gateway to the festival! Then once inside, the stage layout is always the same, like the map is lodged in my head permanently - it's not the actual layout, but in the dream i always find the same stages in the same order. Sometimes i find I've walked to far and wandered right out of the festival and I've found myself back in a public park, or on the banks of a river in a town. I have no idea what it means, but i like to think (a bit like the novel The City and the City) that the festival is always there in some sort of parallel world, just out of reach. Anyway, finally going again this year, so, yay!

Edited by jimbobno1
Typos

• 8 months later...

Weird one last night. I was at this year's festival but the Saturday night headliner and entire Pyramid bill for that day had yet to be announced. Then, on social media it was announced that Saturday headliners were The Dandy Warhols and even stranger, Courtney Taylor-Taylor was curating the rest of the Pyramid lineup that day. Despite my love for the Dandy's, I was mid-rant when the Glastonbury website refreshed and the initial post was confirmed to be an error. The correct Saturday headliner was then revealed to be The Strokes.