Glastonbury Related Dreams and Nightmares

RichardWaller

Had a quick look for a thread about this so apologies if I've missed one. 

Sure we've all had some kinda Glastonbury related dream or nightmare.. Had a recurring one for years about any shit that can go wrong when trying to get down there. Last night I was supposed to be travelling from Hull (I'm originally from there so it's not that ridiculous that I'd do that) but someone nicked my van. I don't own a van. Plan B, me dad was gonna drive us down but he had a major strop before we were south of Yorkshire so changed plan again. Just before I woke up I was in the middle of nowhere on me own in the dark with nowt with no idea of whether I'd be able to make it to the festival at all. It was horrible, and I've woke up wanting to double check that we did get tickets, that I have got a tent and that we have made some vague arrangement for getting there.. 

Another fairly common one I've had over the years is that I'm walking along the back of a stage that doesn't exist at Glastonbury, but it does for the sake of the dream. And I'm just walking, and walking, and walking but not moving. 

Surprisingly, I don't recall ever having a dream or nightmare on ticket eve. Anyone got any more interesting and entertaining dreams than mine to share?

3 hours ago, Chipbarm said:

The one I have had on several occasions is over sleeping at the festival and waking up on the Sunday and realising I've missed everything.

Oh god that'd be shite. Not that good at sleeping meself, but hope I'm more awake than I am now when we're there..

2 hours ago, mashedonmud said:

That's a regular occurrence in my world. And I'd guess not to uncommon for others. ?

Could be an insight into post-Brexit Britain, maybe.

2 hours ago, sparkythetortoise said:

I had a dream a couple of night ago which pretty much entirely consisted of me and my regular Glastonbury chum, having stopped off at a service station on the way, arguing about whether of not that tree towards the back of the Pyramid stage should be cut down.

...I was against, by the way

Ooh, had a few scares with fire lanterns getting caught in that. But nah, lets leep it :)

34 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I had a dream I had the pyramid stage on my head ..... then I woke up ............... with neck ache :) 

Bloody hell, how did you get anything done?

• Like 1

I had one last night actually. Something to do with having organised some work "practice" prior to a job interview coinciding with the festival which involved me having to get the shuttle bus from Glastonbury to some big supermarket precinct (not sure what the job even was tbh!) and then continually getting on the wrong buses and missing the Other stage opener - which was Blur - and then started freaking out: "Why have I not just organised this for a different week??? Why would I do this???" And then realised it was probably a dream because a) I would never do that and b) Blur would never open the Other stage....and then I woke up :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Last night I dreamt I went to pick up a camper van before setting off for the festival only to find, the hire company had fucked up the booking and got nothing for me.

Aftet then making frantic phone calls and disappearing they rocked up in some sort of military style electricians truck. No living space but lots of drawers in the side to pack sandwiches and stuff, and a fold out screen to dress/wash behind.

”they won’t let me in in that, it’s not a camper”

“But it’s got a fold out bed in the space behind the drivers seat in the cab”

ffs woke up and I’m real pissed off ?

• 1 month later...

Last night, I was supposed to be dropped off by my parents on the Wednesday morning, but we were lost just outside of Wigan. It was Thursday evening when my Dad got a bloodshot eye, and was trying to find somewhere to 'fix it' before he could carry on driving. Finally got to the site on Saturday morning and there was no where to camp. 

Usually wake up from Glasto dreams feeling buzzed, not this morning.

On 10/29/2018 at 8:12 AM, Chipbarm said:

The one I have had on several occasions is over sleeping at the festival and waking up on the Sunday and realising I've missed everything.

Ha, I have various variations of this theme--suddenly it's Saturday night or Sunday and I can't fathom out how I've missed everything so far. Sometimes I have the lineup guide but can't seem to read it. I usually end up wandering through parts that don't actually exist (usually through bricked up roads or buildings) on the Sunday, confused as to how the festival passed so quickly and I didn't get to do or see anything! 

My brain is very spiteful in dreams (usually anxiety dreams) and likes to set impossible tasks--my favourite was when I dreamt I had to play darts but was blind?

Edited by Mr.Tease

Mine was driving down With my girls from the North West joking that I’d forgotten the tickets.  Then Getting to the site, getting ready to give the tickets in only to realise I had forgotten them.

Then spending the next 3 hours trying to access the site using photos of the tickets ID, FaceTime and everything else only to be told at 7pm we were not getting in.

then having to drive back up north for 2 hours to then be met by my brother in law around 10pm to get back to the site and in our tent by. 1;30am.

this with carrying stuff backwards and forwards to the site from the car park.

Oh shit yes, that really happened!

My usual one is waking up in the tent on the Sunday evening of the fest realising I've missed most of the festival. Deciding to go out and enjoy the rest but mates taking ages to get ready as "we've missed most of it anyway". Very odd.

Don't have a ticket for 2019 yet and recently had a variation on the above where I was still trying to get a ticket on the Friday morning of the fest. Torturing myself by watching the webcam/BBC coverage at the same time. Hope I get a ticket in April so my mind can relax about it!

All my Glastonbury dreams are dystopian nightmares, dark and forbidding, luckily those don't appear often.

Not a true dream, but I very often go to bed and pretend I'm in a tent at Glastonbury, imagine the hubbub outside, maybe even the rain on the tent, it's one of the very best ways I can send myself off to sleep.

• Upvote 2

Recurring for many years now, I'm outside the festival but they won't let me in, but I can hear the festival through the fence.

Then they do let me in, only for it to be Monday morning and everyone is going home.

I wake up feeling sick to my core :/ 

The negative ones tend to follow a similar theme where I either miss the festival through silly circumstances or haven't got a ticket and end up stuck outside getting lost with precious Glastonbury time slipping away. My last dream a friend told me they'd help me search for tickets but we somehow ended up on a train to Leeds and I was furious that I had been led astray.

I tend to get them regularly and I remember bits of them to this day, quite vivid

Once had one where it was on a beach

Most times I get the realising it is Sunday and I have not seen any acts. A lot about camping and where I camp, had some cracking camping groups in some of them. Often I have to drive off site for something and it is miles and miles away to get out or that just outside there is a golf course or park with loads of people around. There is often a building involved and I remember one where it had hundreds of rooms, most empty but some with bits of the festival, and I had to try and locate Michael (which saying it sounds like some mobile gaming app)

There always is a pattern of camping, driving and the Sunday part though.

• 1 month later...

First ever Glastonbury-related dream the other night. As much as I can piece together, I remember arriving on the Wednesday then before I knew it I was leaving on the Monday wondering how it could have gone so quickly. I recall being depressed that I hadn't managed to get to Shangri-La, Glade, Arcadia, basically all of the places I love. 

Amused that coming-to on the Sunday evening to realise you've missed it all is a common theme. I had that one last week. The cherry on the nightmare cake was sprinting to my fav food place (of course it was a dry one when I'd slept through it!) so I could at least have a good feed - and they'd sold out and were packing up.

I've had a recurring over the years. It's definitely Glastonbury but being a dream not as we know it. For some reason I find myself having to walk miles across moors and through forests and streams with all my kit to get to the site. Then when I'm there I  pitch a tent in an empty field and can't find any of my mates that I started out with. I walk around the site and come across a house full of people raving. Then literally before I know what's going on I pack up and do the long walk home back across the moors. Weird and pointless. 

Loads of dreams both positive and anxiety (missing all the fun) dreams

But, I've got memories of Glastonbury 2014 that I am not sure are from real experiences or dreams. 

Lost somewhere around the Carnival and Theatre area finding my way into clubs and bars Ive never seen before, bumping into people in masks.

Is there a three storey bar somewhere at the festival? I definitely remember going up and down a spiral staircase.

Edited by BlackZeppelin

10 hours ago, BlackZeppelin said:

Loads of dreams both positive and anxiety (missing all the fun) dreams

But, I've got memories of Glastonbury 2014 that I am not sure are from real experiences or dreams. 

Lost somewhere around the Carnival and Theatre area finding my way into clubs and bars Ive never seen before, bumping into people in masks.

Is there a three storey bar somewhere at the festival? I definitely remember going up and down a spiral staircase.

I want to say Fish n' Tits in Shangri La had two levels? (not three though??)