Map listing stalls as well as venues

semmtexx

Morning! I know this has been asked before and I’m sure I’ve actually seen one on here but now can’t find it! Does anyone have a detailed map of the site listing where all the stalls and venues are? Things like the 50p tea tent? I know some stuff moves round but lots seems fairly fixed over the few years I’ve been going. I’ve tried searching but whereas I can find site maps there are quite detailed topographically I can’t find the small venues listed. 

Anyone got a good map? 

Edited by semmtexx

Don't think I've ever seen such a detailed map. Normally stall locations are described "across from the other stage" type of thing. Occasionally people add X marks the spot to the glasto map for the odd stall or two.

From the Glastoearth FAQ 

Number of Catering outlets - Nearly 550 foods stalls and over 100 Bars

So that would be a job!

Edited by Gedh

1 hour ago, semmtexx said:

Morning! I know this has been asked before and I’m sure I’ve actually seen one on here but now can’t find it! Does anyone have a detailed map of the site listing where all the stalls and venues are? Things like the 50p tea tent? I know some stuff moves round but lots seems fairly fixed over the few years I’ve been going. I’ve tried searching but whereas I can find site maps there are quite detailed topographically I can’t find the small venues listed. 

Anyone got a good map? 

But there would be no need for bimbling....!!??

?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

But there would be no need for bimbling....!!??

?

Maybe, and I know what you mean, but I’d still like a nice map! Had a look at my steps from June 2017, managed an average of 17 miles per day! 22 on Saturday! Think I’m bimbling +ve!

edit: 2017, not 16! Probably managed 3 miles in 2016...

Edited by semmtexx

14 hours ago, Gedh said:

Don't think I've ever seen such a detailed map. Normally stall locations are described "across from the other stage" type of thing. Occasionally people add X marks the spot to the glasto map for the odd stall or two.

From the Glastoearth FAQ 

Number of Catering outlets - Nearly 550 foods stalls and over 100 Bars

So that would be a job!

Yes, and I want to know where all those bars are!!! 

4 hours ago, semmtexx said:

Yes, and I want to know where all those bars are!!! 

There is a a master DPS Map that is produced for GFL to show where Bars are  but its a ' large wall map ' so its not easy to copy - there has been a few attempts in the past to post part of it ' but they always show up after the event ' and even they are not 100% accurate  and now when they have various bar operators any ' bar map ' will only show that specific operator.There will also be a detailed stall map although I have never seen one go public { for the whole site } 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

There is a a master DPS Map that is produced for GFL to show where Bars are  but its a ' large wall map ' so its not easy to copy - there has been a few attempts in the past to post part of it ' but they always show up after the event ' and even they are not 100% accurate  and now when they have various bar operators any ' bar map ' will only show that specific operator.There will also be a detailed stall map although I have never seen one go public { for the whole site } 

@semmtexx you've heard from the oracle there about bar maps :) 

Edited by clarkete

On 10/29/2018 at 7:32 AM, semmtexx said:

Anyone got a good map? 

First one with the good suggestion gets to do the work. If you get in first rush on Wednesday I reckon you could have it done by Thursday night! Well done that volunteer. ?

Perhaps start with the bars and add in food stalls either side to aid identification.

6 hours ago, Gedh said:

First one with the good suggestion gets to do the work. If you get in first rush on Wednesday I reckon you could have it done by Thursday night! Well done that volunteer. ?

Perhaps start with the bars and add in food stalls either side to aid identification.

Hahahahah! Perhaps a small bite to eat and a little tipple to check each place on the way?? 

Hmmm what could possibly be a problem here...

:girldrunk:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, semmtexx said:

Hahahahah! Perhaps a small bite to eat and a little tipple to check each place on the way?? 

Hmmm what could possibly be a problem here...

:girldrunk:

I really really loved this bar, hic, met my new best mate there. It was called ermmmm...

Someone wrote a guide to bars in 2017 and I nicked it, credit to whoever actually did the creation...

1.    The Temple – next to Glasto Latino behind Block 9

Go at 5:30am

2.    London Underground - In Block 9

Post-apocalyptic high rise flats with train smashed into it

3.    Chameleon Bar - in the main walkway near Pyramid

Has some fun stuff on the Wednesday and Thursday nights.

It has a multi-coloured ceiling and lots of furniture

Usually has resident DJs and closes at 3am

4.    Bar on the way out of West Holts

Friday night

5.    Stonebridge Bar - In The Park

It's a place to see lots of DJs playing lots of different music.

Baggy Mondays and Hip Hop Karaoke sessions are found here.

Opens Wednesday and DJs and acts on from Thursday till about 3am.

6.    Bimble Inn - In The Park

Unique structure made from canvas and wood, ancient tipi design with a modern twist.

The inside is fab, lots of drapes, LED fairy lights at night.

Has a full cocktail bar, real ales, local cider and stowford press on tap.

7.    Cocktail Bar - Between the Circus and Theatre fields

70s disco amongst other things

8.    Ridge and Furrow

Thursday

9.    Rock tHe Kasbah - on the main walkway

A Moroccan themed bar and has lots of rich colours and fabrics, cushioned seating area

10.  Rabbit Hole - in The Park area.

Another magical bar to see DJs acts and drink cocktails.

11.  Deluxe Diner & Rocket Lounge - Set in Shangri-la

It has some great food during the day, by night is a full jive, rock and roll, disco funk area.

12.  Silent Discos - One in the Park area + other in Silver Hayes

13.  Cornish Arms - On route from Other to Pyramid

Has a few ales and sells San Miguel and separate cocktail bar.

Music runs until 2-3am and is pretty good tunes

14.  Theatre Bar - In Theatre & Circus fields

Not so much music but has super strong Belgian beers so always a plus point

15.  Cockatoo Cocktail Bar - At bottom entrance of the Theatre & Circus fields

Great, strong (but limited) cocktails

Some of the best cocktails at Glastonbury 

16.  The Small World Tent - in the Greenfields

Sells elderflower champagne

17.  The Theatre Bar

Near Williams Green

18.  The Spike

By the Glade

In the trees with fairy lights and disco ball 

19.  Tricketts - Top of Park Hill

20.  Avalon Inn

Balcony

21.  The Spike - By the Glade

In the trees with fairy lights and disco ball

22.  Acoustic Bar

Motown/funk/soul

23.  Ridge and Furrow - Next to Acoustic Tent

24.  Cockatoo - Bottom of Theatre and Circus Field

Cocktail bar

Plays disco

Dancer in cage on top

25.  The Beat Hotel

Cocktail bar

DJs

23 hours ago, clarkete said:

I found these old ones... 

G2014 overlay, shrunk a bit to fit file size limit

G2014overlay1.jpg

This map is amazing!

Also I’ve just came to realisation, that booking WV wasn’t a great idea after all. Looks like absolute treck to anywhere ? considering I’ll be aiming for late night jaunts in Silver Hayes, that became a little problematic ?‍♀️

How long does it take (give or take) to get to Pyramid Stage from WV?

Jay.

• Upvote 1

On 10/30/2018 at 11:02 PM, zico martin said:

We all take loads of photos on site, so all the ones posted showing the bars and food places can be used to great a map?  Who fancies the task then? ;)

Nice idea. Sure I read something about this a few years ago. Some (probably google) thing scrapped a load of photos off public sites and then stitched them into detailed maps etc using embedded metadata. Cool, but also scary!

Edited by semmtexx

3 hours ago, Jay89 said:

This map is amazing!

Also I’ve just came to realisation, that booking WV wasn’t a great idea after all. Looks like absolute treck to anywhere ? considering I’ll be aiming for late night jaunts in Silver Hayes, that became a little problematic ?‍♀️

How long does it take (give or take) to get to Pyramid Stage from WV?

Jay.

That's such an open ended answer.

It all depends..........

If the weather is good in the middle of the day with good lighting and not too many stages letting out at the same time its around 25 to 30 minutes.

If its at the end of the headline set with a muddy ground and lots and lots of people it can take up to 90 minutes!

it gets much easier once you pass the railway line, the challenge is getting there.

I've stayed up there a few times (first when it was Praxis Tents and they had Golg buggies from the gate)

Best thing to do is not worry, don't do it in a straight line, stop at something intersting along the way and enjoy the trip back.

You'll deserve the rest once you get back as you'll be knackered ?

JUST NOTICED YOU ASKED ABOUT THE OTHER WAY AROUND: It can be much less (20-25 minutes) as its all down  hill!

Edited by drunk pumpkin
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jay89 said:

This map is amazing!

that is not the full size version { that is 11MB's } - most of the hard work was done by Gordon and a handful of people from efest { you can see them listed on the bottom left } but we used a different forum which now appears to be no longer there - they gave us a secret area so that we could edit the map - took us months - and it was decided just to wrap it up ' so that looks as if it may be the last version '

• Upvote 1