Affordable accommodation

Nimrod

Hi All,

I have a friend who's a light sleeper and generally have a problem with camping, he's got a ticket to the festival but convincing him that the camping will be fine and it's a part of the experience is not an option, unfortunately. 

I planned on helping him to get a podpad and since i'm currently am at the US, got the times mixed up and missed the sale. I really want him to join but I got to find some sort of solution - the expensive outside luxury camping sites are not an option, i'm not sure that campervan is either - it's not much affordable and for sure a problem for people who will come to the festival from abroad. 

Can you think of any solution? I feel like I messed up with my help and really want to solve it, but am currently clueless regarding it, podpads were the only and not pricey solution i've been looking at :(

Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, Nimrod said:

Hi All,

I have a friend who's a light sleeper and generally have a problem with camping, he's got a ticket to the festival but convincing him that the camping will be fine and it's a part of the experience is not an option, unfortunately. 

I planned on helping him to get a podpad and since i'm currently am at the US, got the times mixed up and missed the sale. I really want him to join but I got to find some sort of solution - the expensive outside luxury camping sites are not an option, i'm not sure that campervan is either - it's not much affordable and for sure a problem for people who will come to the festival from abroad. 

Can you think of any solution? I feel like I messed up with my help and really want to solve it, but am currently clueless regarding it, podpads were the only and not pricey solution i've been looking at :(

Thanks in advance

Ear plugs and a face mask? :lol:

Or maybe have a read through this, the camping areas further away from the centre are a lot quieter. Add my first suggestion and he will be fine! http://www.glastoearth.com/the-faq :)

There really isn't any "affordable" accomodation at festival time. As suggested camp on the outskirts of the camping grounds and buy comfortable sleeping pad and bag.

Some earplugs are better than others so look for 39db attenuation.

The other thing to remember is that Glastonbury is miles across so you will be so knackered each night that sleep is easier ?

Edited by Gedh

From personal experience I can say that Pylon is a pretty quiet camp. Unless you are in Pennards or Oxlyers the camping is surprisingly quiet at Glastonbury. Ear plugs and an eye mask will absolutely sort you out.

If you really want the accommodation then keep an eye on the Worthy View page as accommodation does become available as people's plans change.

2 hours ago, Hotchilidog said:

From personal experience I can say that Pylon is a pretty quiet camp. Unless you are in Pennards or Oxlyers the camping is surprisingly quiet at Glastonbury. Ear plugs and an eye mask will absolutely sort you out.

If you really want the accommodation then keep an eye on the Worthy View page as accommodation does become available as people's plans change.

Agree we always camp in Pylon for that reason and rarely have a problem with noise

• Like 1

Greeting! I am also coming from the US. Considered Worthy View but as I come with the coach I want to stay in Darble and will purchase my gear here. https://www.cosycamper.co.uk/?post_type=festival&p=23

They are located in Silver Hayes which is also close to Darble so I won’t have to carry stuff too far.

You can order the gear for pickup as close as 3 days before the festival starts.

It’s much less expensive than glamping and those sites near to the coach station are, from what info I’ve gathered from folks, less crowded and quieter.

Cheers! John

4 hours ago, Hotchilidog said:

I've been in Darble in 2017 and was also surprised by how much the camping was quiet, especially compared to Roskilde which I attended straight after. 

I believe that you refer to activate visualping on the seetickets glasto site?

2 hours ago, Jduncan51 said:

Greeting! I am also coming from the US. Considered Worthy View but as I come with the coach I want to stay in Darble and will purchase my gear here. https://www.cosycamper.co.uk/?post_type=festival&p=23

They are located in Silver Hayes which is also close to Darble so I won’t have to carry stuff too far.

You can order the gear for pickup as close as 3 days before the festival starts.

It’s much less expensive than glamping and those sites near to the coach station are, from what info I’ve gathered from folks, less crowded and quieter.

Cheers! John

Awesome! I knew about cosycamper but i'm not sure it'll be enough to convince him, anyway, see you in Darble!

2 minutes ago, Nimrod said:

I've been in Darble in 2017 and was also surprised by how much the camping was quiet, especially compared to Roskilde which I attended straight after. 

I believe that you refer to activate visualping on the seetickets glasto site?

Awesome! I knew about cosycamper but i'm not sure it'll be enough to convince him, anyway, see you in Darble!

Yes, you can keep checking the see tickets site. Probably a bit early now, but quite often the accommodation gets put back on sale. In 2016 I managed to cancel 2 scout tents and get two bell tents that were returned for sale. I think you will be able to get something in worthy view.