Bath & West questions

Wondermum

For the first time, we will be in Bath & West. We ended up with a large pitch as this was all that was left for us. Ideally we would be in CV East family, but failing that anywhere in CV East would do. 

So, am I right in assuming that pitches at Bath & West are on hardstanding? What about awnings? We would need grass to peg our awning down (although it’s a proper awning, it isn’t designed for our bus as we can’t afford a bespoke awning, so make do with what we’ve got). We usually have a couple of members of our group arrive later and pitch a small tent with our campervan. Will this be possible at Bath & West? In terms of space, we obviously have plenty, but I’m just wondering what security on site will be like. Will there be checks on entering Bath & West to make sure those there have CV passes? It wouldn’t be ideal if group members had to park at the festival, get to Gate A for the shuttle bus, and then pitch up with us. But also none of us want to be separated with some camping on site while we’re miles away at Bath & West. 

Are there busy times for the shuttle buses where there are long queues to get to the festival site or to go back to your van at the end of the day? Or are things fairly relaxed and you can assume that if you set out to get a bus that you will be able to get on the first one that turns up? What sort of bus is used (is it a mini bus or a proper coach with luggage compartment)?

thanks in advance 

On 10/28/2018 at 7:46 PM, Wondermum said:

For the first time, we will be in Bath & West. We ended up with a large pitch as this was all that was left for us. Ideally we would be in CV East family, but failing that anywhere in CV East would do. 

So, am I right in assuming that pitches at Bath & West are on hardstanding? What about awnings? We would need grass to peg our awning down (although it’s a proper awning, it isn’t designed for our bus as we can’t afford a bespoke awning, so make do with what we’ve got). We usually have a couple of members of our group arrive later and pitch a small tent with our campervan. Will this be possible at Bath & West? In terms of space, we obviously have plenty, but I’m just wondering what security on site will be like. Will there be checks on entering Bath & West to make sure those there have CV passes? It wouldn’t be ideal if group members had to park at the festival, get to Gate A for the shuttle bus, and then pitch up with us. But also none of us want to be separated with some camping on site while we’re miles away at Bath & West. 

Are there busy times for the shuttle buses where there are long queues to get to the festival site or to go back to your van at the end of the day? Or are things fairly relaxed and you can assume that if you set out to get a bus that you will be able to get on the first one that turns up? What sort of bus is used (is it a mini bus or a proper coach with luggage compartment)?

thanks in advance 

I’ve got many similar questions/misgivings about B&W, as I’ve not been before.

A quick google for an aerial shot (below) appears to show much is on grass, but I don’t know how much is used when part of Glastonbury. Should mean it’s possible to peg out an awning if we are put on a grass area.

https://bit.ly/2CM7JN4

Edited by DarrenVonBoathook