Accessible Campervan - East

Lola Pops

Hi all

I will be camping in a campervan in the accessible campsite (East) but was curious to know exactly where this is. I’ve heard of the ‘hill of death’ on East campsite and so I’m a bit concerned. I know the accessible facilities are great but this will be the first time in the campervan. Anyway if anyone has any info about the actual location within the East site that would be amazing.

Thanks ; )

11 hours ago, Lola Pops said:

Hi all

I will be camping in a campervan in the accessible campsite (East) but was curious to know exactly where this is. I’ve heard of the ‘hill of death’ on East campsite and so I’m a bit concerned. I know the accessible facilities are great but this will be the first time in the campervan. Anyway if anyone has any info about the actual location within the East site that would be amazing.

Thanks ; )

Just in case you are not aware you need to apply to pitch in the Accessible campsite, more information can be found here - https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/deaf-and-disabled-info/

There is a fenced off area at the top of E21, and yes it is a very steep hill, aptly named Hill of Death! The views are incredible though! :)

11 hours ago, Lola Pops said:

Hi all

Thanks ; )

Hi! I'm not entirely sure this answers your question, but I think it might be helpful to know anyway. This info is included in the disability pack I got a couple of days ago:

There are a limited number of campervan/ caravan spaces available in the accessible campsite. These are reserved for those people that would be unable to use the standard campervan fields and/ or are unable to camp due to their disability.

If you have booked or intend on booking an East or West public campervan ticket you can request reserve parking closest to the festival. Please confirm this on your registration form in Section G. Please note we can only offer 1 reserve space for your campervan/caravan, people attending with you in other live in vehicles will have to park in the standard areas.
 We are not able to book East or West campervan tickets. You must purchase these via the official sale on Saturday 27 th October at 10am.

Hi Lola

Yes, the field is E21 which is the so-called 'Hill of Death'. However, if you did find yourself in that field, it's possible to go down the south side of the field (opposite side from the steep hill) by the hedge which separates it from the Glamping field, and then walk along the bottom of the field by the superfence to Gate C. It's not so steep that way and is the way some folks staying in E23, 24 and 25 choose to go.