How much crazier can it get!

The other Bellboy

The annoying thing is I was lead Booker for a group of 6 and was only one to get to the booking page on T-day. And people who haven't got tickets (and probably won't get them in resale) have got cv tickets.

Because of childcare issues we have to travel down as two groups so sticking to the rules "named person on cv ticket needs to be present" we had no choice but to get to cv booking page twice. Whereas it's obvious people have hoovered up as many tickets as they can regardless of if the people they're buying for have actually got a ticket. As they only lose £10 if they cancel it - not sure how they're going to get round the name printed on the ticket checks though....

Fortunately the couple with the child who cant get there until thursday got a CV ticket (but in std cv as quiet/family had all gone). Whereas I was planning on a Tuesday lunchtime arrival.

This could have been avoided - 1 Glasto ticket = 1 CV ticket and print name & picture on both.

4 hours ago, clarkete said:

You could guarantee a place by going third party. 

After quick search this came up, depends on the definition of walking  
distance.

http://www.ashcombefarmcaravanandcamping.co.uk/caravan-and-camping

And this one is very near gate D - https://ashcombepark.com/

My mate tried these, they’re both fully booked already.

16 hours ago, Penrhos said:

not sure how they're going to get round the name printed on the ticket checks though....

Simple, the person who's name is on the ticket travels in with them.

It's what we are doing.

Edited by Paul ™

11 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Not sure if this is feesible but have any folks looked in to "renting" someones parking space for the weekend? I think there are some websites out there for that sort of thing.

Are those who live in Pilton allowed to do that?

Never looked into it but not sure why you would tbh. My nephew lives next to Bristol airport and rents his garage out like this, i believe he charges about £30 a day. I imagine there maybe some in pilton but if there is I also imagine they would be charging a premium during gf compared to £40 gf parking ticket. Also add that their is no houses closer then the car parks provided,I can't see why it would be useful.

Just now, glastolover19 said:

Never looked into it but not sure why you would tbh. My nephew lives next to Bristol airport and rents his garage out like this, i believe he charges about £30 a day. I imagine there maybe some in pilton but if there is I also imagine they would be charging a premium during gf compared to £40 gf parking ticket. Also add that their is no houses closer then the car parks provided,I can't see why it would be useful.

I was thinking from a campervan perspective with the CV tickets gone.

But also I guess the price of the ticket would be determined by the demand. As you say the official car parks are closer. 

However sure folks would be prepared to pay a bit extra if another 2016 style festival was going to happen! That extra bit of walking to a car would negate being stuck in a muddy bog for hours!

11 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I was thinking from a campervan perspective with the CV tickets gone.

But also I guess the price of the ticket would be determined by the demand. As you say the official car parks are closer. 

However sure folks would be prepared to pay a bit extra if another 2016 style festival was going to happen! That extra bit of walking to a car would negate being stuck in a muddy bog for hours!

As for campervan I think it's unlikely your find a drive to hire because presumably your be staying in said cv and I'm not sure many folks would want a party of people camped on their drive. As for paying a bit extra to avoid potentially being trapped by mud I understand but how much is a little extra? Honestly don't think IF you find one it will be less then 25-30 a day so potentially 125-150 for the 5days. I might be wrong but I think your be charged a premium

19 hours ago, Penrhos said:

The annoying thing is I was lead Booker for a group of 6 and was only one to get to the booking page on T-day. And people who haven't got tickets (and probably won't get them in resale) have got cv tickets.

Because of childcare issues we have to travel down as two groups so sticking to the rules "named person on cv ticket needs to be present" we had no choice but to get to cv booking page twice. Whereas it's obvious people have hoovered up as many tickets as they can regardless of if the people they're buying for have actually got a ticket. As they only lose £10 if they cancel it - not sure how they're going to get round the name printed on the ticket checks though....

Fortunately the couple with the child who cant get there until thursday got a CV ticket (but in std cv as quiet/family had all gone). Whereas I was planning on a Tuesday lunchtime arrival.

This could have been avoided - 1 Glasto ticket = 1 CV ticket and print name & picture on both.

This is like a logic puzzle...

My bro in law didn't get a GA ticket (neither did we....) but he has booked a Tangerine Fields tent just in case he gets lucky in the resale.

He is also saying that even if he doesn't get a resale ticket he will use the tent and simply wander around the lanes as best he can listening to the party inside.  i think he's nuts personally....and I'm pretty sure he won't be allowed onto Blue Route to get to TF unless he can show a GA ticket.....do I remember that being the case?

11 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

My bro in law didn't get a GA ticket (neither did we....) but he has booked a Tangerine Fields tent just in case he gets lucky in the resale.

He is also saying that even if he doesn't get a resale ticket he will use the tent and simply wander around the lanes as best he can listening to the party inside.  i think he's nuts personally....and I'm pretty sure he won't be allowed onto Blue Route to get to TF unless he can show a GA ticket.....do I remember that being the case?

He shouldn't get through the perimeter security checks on the CV fields without a ticket, not sure about the car parks as always done CV or bus.

Why? does he fancy "doing a twix"...

37 minutes ago, Penrhos said:

He shouldn't get through the perimeter security checks on the CV fields without a ticket, not sure about the car parks as always done CV or bus.

Why? does he fancy "doing a twix"...

Yep...aware that's the case for the CV fields but he has a ticket for the Tangerine Fields car park and a tent with them.  To get there he has to drive up the lane (Blue Route) past the East CV fields and normal East carparks and I'm pretty certain he won't even be allowed up that lane if he can't show a GA ticket when he tries to....just trying to get clear if that's the case. 

3 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Yep...aware that's the case for the CV fields but he has a ticket for the Tangerine Fields car park and a tent with them.  To get there he has to drive up the lane (Blue Route) past the East CV fields and normal East carparks and I'm pretty certain he won't even be allowed up that lane if he can't show a GA ticket when he tries to....just trying to get clear if that's the case. 

If he has a TF car park pass he should be o.k. it is a public road and he has a legitimate reason to be on it, can they legally stop him? In any event he could be staying there and not attending the festival, working locally. for example, or meeting up with someone else who had his ticket. If I were him i'd have a cover story to go with the car park pass to avoid any problems.

On 11/1/2018 at 6:21 PM, Penrhos said:

I had a similar situation to that, but the chicken ate all the corn and the fox capsized the boat trying to eat the chicken.

1 hour ago, Woffy said:

Camping as near as possible to the festival, so close you can almost hear it, knowing you can’t get in is an act of self-flagellation I can’t even begin to think too deeply about. 

A bit like being at Bath & West Showground..... 

Got stuck on there in 2016 and a toilet block with showers does not make up for sitting outside the van and hearing SEC pounding away and the multi-coloured glow of the lights...

I'd rather rough it in a tent!

And being so close you could smell the longdrops but not have a ticket - are you some type of masochist?

Edited by Penrhos

1 hour ago, Penrhos said:

A bit like being at Bath & West Showground..... 

Got stuck on there in 2016 and a toilet block with showers does not make up for sitting outside the van and hearing SEC pounding away and the multi-coloured glow of the lights...

I'd rather rough it in a tent!

And being so close you could smell the longdrops but not have a ticket - are you some type of masochist?

Incredibly if we hadn’t got tickets for next year we were planning to stay at the green acres camp site close to pilton. Yes it’s masochism but I felt I had to be near the festival. Mental. I know